Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ja is the pick. Grizz telling teams they will take Ja at #2
Bookmark and Share
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
Ja is the pick. Grizz telling teams they will take Ja at #2
I know it's another Ja thread. But I'm still celebrating. Kleiman is in Chicago, sounds like he is telling other teams don't bother calling.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2019 06:19 PM by Tigx.)
05-15-2019 06:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Ja is the pick. Grizz telling teams they will take Ja at #2
I’ll believe it when I see it. *fingers cross*
05-15-2019 06:24 PM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Great to know that. *hopefully* It’s nice to have some buzz again
05-15-2019 09:02 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Hopefully we accept calls dealing with Mike Conley.

If not before the draft at the mid-season trade deadline.

I'm hoping we deal Conley to Boston.
05-15-2019 11:03 PM
neillis Offline
We all fell in the pit.

I Root For: Insert Team
Smart move. Now we can go ahead and start trade talks to deal Conley before a team uses draft night to fill their PG needs.
05-16-2019 08:43 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

05-16-2019 12:00 PM
Advertisement

tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-16-2019 12:00 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

I'm glad they have zeroed in on Ja, but I would've waited and played the game a little bit to see how bad New York wants RJ just to see what you could possibly get out of them trade wise.
05-16-2019 03:11 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-15-2019 11:03 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  Hopefully we accept calls dealing with Mike Conley.

Here's the issue in dealing Conley to Boston. Grizz are going to have to take Hayward back in return to make the salaries work.

I honestly don't think the Grizz are wanting to take back that kind of salary in a Conley deal. Plus I'm not sure you get a first in that deal.
05-16-2019 03:30 PM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
(05-16-2019 03:30 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  
(05-15-2019 11:03 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  Hopefully we accept calls dealing with Mike Conley.

Here's the issue in dealing Conley to Boston. Grizz are going to have to take Hayward back in return to make the salaries work.

I honestly don't think the Grizz are wanting to take back that kind of salary in a Conley deal. Plus I'm not sure you get a first in that deal.

We certainly don't need another broke down small forward, we've already got one.
05-16-2019 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(05-16-2019 03:11 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  

I'm glad they have zeroed in on Ja, but I would've waited and played the game a little bit to see how bad New York wants RJ just to see what you could possibly get out of them trade wise.

Nah, I think that they are happy with RJ.
05-16-2019 04:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-16-2019 04:51 PM)mairving Wrote:  
(05-16-2019 03:11 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  

Nah, I think that they are happy with RJ.

Yes NY is happy with RJ, but if Memphis could play the game and make it seem like they want RJ you could possibly get a deal out of NY.
05-17-2019 08:24 AM
Advertisement

gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
I have to believe Conley has serious value. He's a top10 player at his position. PG is prob the most important position in NBA.

Mike Conley is 31. Start to see a decline in PGs around 34-35. Steve Nash and Jason Kidd played til 40-41 but were really really good until age 38 or so.

You almost have to require a 1st Rd pick unless you pull in a serious prospect and 2/3 Rd pick. Right?

You can play 2 PGs. I just hope we don't take less than he is worth. The Gasol trade turned my stomach. It was time for him to go. He has less playing time left, as he's older and plays more injury prone position. He plays an outdated style of his position and therefore doesn't fit on a lot of rosters. I understand he had/has less value. But, I think if I'm the GM I have to determine the price he's worth taking. Otherwise, keep him and play both.
05-17-2019 09:07 AM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
If he's the 10th best PG (for argument sake) and 5+ teams have young PGs they believe in (maybe...DeAaron Fox, Lonzo Ball, Terry Rozier is an unproven option, Eric Bledsoe, Ricky Rubio, Dragic) then your market is half the league or less.

I think my previous statement has some fandom woven into it.

Very curious to see what kind of trade value Conley has.
05-17-2019 09:18 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
(05-17-2019 09:18 AM)gusrob Wrote:  If he's the 10th best PG (for argument sake) and 5+ teams have young PGs they believe in (maybe...DeAaron Fox, Lonzo Ball, Terry Rozier is an unproven option, Eric Bledsoe, Ricky Rubio, Dragic) then your market is half the league or less.

He has major value.
05-17-2019 10:03 AM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

(05-17-2019 09:07 AM)gusrob Wrote:  I have to believe Conley has serious value. He's a top10 player at his position. PG is prob the most important position in NBA.

Mike Conley is 31. Start to see a decline in PGs around 34-35. Steve Nash and Jason Kidd played til 40-41 but were really really good until age 38 or so.

You almost have to require a 1st Rd pick unless you pull in a serious prospect and 2/3 Rd pick. Right?

You can play 2 PGs. I just hope we don't take less than he is worth. The Gasol trade turned my stomach. It was time for him to go. He has less playing time left, as he's older and plays more injury prone position. He plays an outdated style of his position and therefore doesn't fit on a lot of rosters. I understand he had/has less value. But, I think if I'm the GM I have to determine the price he's worth taking. Otherwise, keep him and play both.

We got some good pieces back for Marc. It was just a bummer there was so much speculation beforehand, and he wasn't putting up a performance argument that we should plot a future with him. It was worth it for both him and us, maybe not for Toronto lol.
05-17-2019 12:04 PM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

(05-17-2019 10:03 AM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  
(05-17-2019 09:18 AM)gusrob Wrote:  If he's the 10th best PG (for argument sake) and 5+ teams have young PGs they believe in (maybe...DeAaron Fox, Lonzo Ball, Terry Rozier is an unproven option, Eric Bledsoe, Ricky Rubio, Dragic) then your market is half the league or less.

He has major value.

If Reddit is any indication, there may be some kicking the tires with Boston, Utah, Phoenix, Indianapolis. And if they whiff on higher targets, Lakers and New York.

The salary would obviously be a concern for suitors. We will want more than what Utah offered this past season if there is a bidding war. Rubio is already out of Utah and being assocoated with Boston, so Mike has competition as well-- lower priced with maybe lower ceiling from a couple of other PGs being shopped around.
05-17-2019 12:12 PM
Advertisement

Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-17-2019 12:12 PM)kabluey Wrote:  

He has major value.

If Reddit is any indication, there may be some kicking the tires with Boston, Utah, Phoenix, Indianapolis. And if they whiff on higher targets, Lakers and New York.

The salary would obviously be a concern for suitors. We will want more than what Utah offered this past season if there is a bidding war. Rubio is already out of Utah and being assocoated with Boston, so Mike has competition as well-- lower priced with maybe lower ceiling from a couple of other PGs being shopped around.

Hey Kabluey, can you post a link to the Reddit site? I used to go there, but it's been a while. Thanks.
05-17-2019 12:20 PM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

(05-17-2019 12:20 PM)Tigx Wrote:  
(05-17-2019 12:12 PM)kabluey Wrote:  

He has major value.

Hey Kabluey, can you post a link to the Reddit site? I used to go there, but it's been a while. Thanks.

Got you:
https://www.reddit.com/r/memphisgrizzlies/new/

That is just to the base Grizz board, but there have been inquiries from other fanbases (even a Bulls ask). For other discussions, go to the nba board, https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/new/ and scroll for Conley/Ja threads.
05-17-2019 06:31 PM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

As far as the Lakers go I’d be happy with a 1st and a later 2nd plus Lonzo Ball for Conley. I think Lonzo could be a really good player if you could get him out of that LA media circus. Don’t know what the Grizz plan with Avery Bradley, but if he’s not back, Ball and a couple of picks would be good for Conley. I’m pretty confident our front office could deal with lightning rod Lakers GM Rod Pelinka.
05-17-2019 11:00 PM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
(05-17-2019 11:00 PM)UofMark Wrote:  As far as the Lakers go I’d be happy with a 1st and a later 2nd plus Lonzo Ball for Conley. I think Lonzo could be a really good player if you could get him out of that LA media circus. Don’t know what the Grizz plan with Avery Bradley, but if he’s not back, Ball and a couple of picks would be good for Conley. I’m pretty confident our front office could deal with lightning rod Lakers GM Rod Pelinka.

Sheesh, why not ask for Lebron? No way the Lakers are giving up all that for Conley, unless it's next year's first, which would likely be much later in the draft assuming the Lakers don't whiff in the FA market.

And I really don't want Lonzo, I think he can be a fine player, but that is just going to complicate things for Ja.

Finally, the Lakers are so young, its practically impossible to make the salaries work.
05-18-2019 02:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.