Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
This Forum Is Suffering One of the Worst Droughts of Real Realignment in 6 Years
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
This Forum Is Suffering One of the Worst Droughts of Real Realignment in 6 Years
So I want to announce a competition. I will award 3 Rep Points to the best made up and embellished realignment scenario that a poster can come up with. It must be in its own thread with a believable title and imagination and ability to shoot the breeze is expected. The winner won't be my decision however. When the "Latest Rumor" threads are created and after they've had time to receive discussion we will have a poll and vote on them as a board.

This is one time I won't make people defend pure B.S.!

I hope you guys have some fun with this, and if a poster gets sucked into believing it I want you to respond to their post with this emoji which will tag them as a sucker!04-chairshot

PS: I reserve the right to add additional Rep as I see fit.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2019 08:51 PM by JRsec.)
05-11-2019 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
RE: This Forum Is Suffering One of the Worst Droughts of Real Realignment in 6 Years
Surely I’m not the only fanfic writer here. Flood the headlines, folks!
05-12-2019 09:15 AM
MidWestMidMajor Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MidwestSchools
RE: This Forum Is Suffering One of the Worst Droughts of Real Realignment in 6 Years
(05-12-2019 09:15 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Surely I’m not the only fanfic writer here. Flood the headlines, folks!

Brilliantly played. Just enough plausibility to draw me in and make me go, "Whaaat ??!!"
After these past years of conference realignment, if you're not a little paranoid- then you haven't been paying attention.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2019 01:12 PM by MidWestMidMajor.)
05-12-2019 01:10 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(05-11-2019 08:50 PM)JRsec Wrote:  So I want to announce a competition. I will award 3 Rep Points to the best made up and embellished realignment scenario that a poster can come up with. It must be in its own thread with a believable title and imagination and ability to shoot the breeze is expected. The winner won't be my decision however. When the "Latest Rumor" threads are created and after they've had time to receive discussion we will have a poll and vote on them as a board.

I hope you guys have some fun with this, and if a poster gets sucked into believing it I want you to respond to their post with this emoji which will tag them as a sucker!04-chairshot

Times must be tough. You want to bribe people into trolling?04-jawdrop
05-12-2019 05:14 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-12-2019 05:14 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(05-11-2019 08:50 PM)JRsec Wrote:  So I want to announce a competition. I will award 3 Rep Points to the best made up and embellished realignment scenario that a poster can come up with. It must be in its own thread with a believable title and imagination and ability to shoot the breeze is expected. The winner won't be my decision however. When the "Latest Rumor" threads are created and after they've had time to receive discussion we will have a poll and vote on them as a board.

Times must be tough. You want to bribe people into trolling?04-jawdrop

I thought about calling it the "Consummate Troll Competition", but thought that it would be even more fun with more points awarded for those who got bites and reeled them in.
05-12-2019 05:36 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
The only realignment had to with a single sport moving, a few D2 schools moving up, schools closing or heavy realignments at lower levels.
05-12-2019 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
[Image: worldburn-top.jpg]
05-12-2019 06:34 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-12-2019 06:34 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  [Image: worldburn-top.jpg]

Some guys just get a hoot out of seeing our posters quoted on other message boards by somebody with a hook in the corner of their lip.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2019 12:30 PM by JRsec.)
05-12-2019 10:15 PM
loki_the_bubba Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
Best to not get too many out on one single day. I'll wait a while.
05-13-2019 09:02 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
This is fun!
05-13-2019 09:14 AM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
I think this would have worked a little better if it wasn't public that it's a fake-news contest. Once you realize the pill is a placebo, it loses its imagined effectiveness.

Or another way: You can get hooked by one April Fools Day story, but you won't get hooked by two.

That said, the Great Northern story got me. But I didn't know what we were doing at the time.
05-13-2019 01:01 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-13-2019 01:01 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  I think this would have worked a little better if it wasn't public that it's a fake-news contest. Once you realize the pill is a placebo, it loses its imagined effectiveness.

Or another way: You can get hooked by one April Fools Day story, but you won't get hooked by two.

That said, the Great Northern story got me. But I didn't know what we were doing at the time.

It'll work fine as long as posters don't talk about it in their threads which are separate from these instructions.

Besides, I am doing searches to see if some of these pop up elsewhere. Bonus points if they do.

And once it gets started well I'll hide this thread. Let's give it until the end of June. That'll give folks time to spread it out.
05-13-2019 03:34 PM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
What if this backfires and no one wants to comment on anything for fear of being duped?
05-13-2019 04:05 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-13-2019 04:05 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  What if this backfires and no one wants to comment on anything for fear of being duped?

If they are that unsure of themselves then who cares? Life's a roller coaster and we are all getting cranked up to the highest hill. You have 2 choices. Raise your hands and enjoy the ride because it's always over too soon, or puke your guts out and ruin it for everyone seated behind you. Which is it going to be?
05-13-2019 05:37 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
(05-13-2019 04:05 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  What if this backfires and no one wants to comment on anything for fear of being duped?

Mission ACCOMPLISHED
05-13-2019 07:51 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
I already have people took my posts to another forum about schools adding football, or schools moving up. It seems other forums do take me seriously than on here when I am right most of the time.
05-13-2019 08:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
You're bored so you destroy the credibility and utility of the board?

This has become a forum for creative writing. I have no interest in that.
05-13-2019 10:03 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-13-2019 10:03 PM)4x4hokies Wrote:  You're bored so you destroy the credibility and utility of the board?

This has become a forum for creative writing. I have no interest in that.

There's nothing going on until June. Besides we have serious threads, you just have to be a bit more discerning.
05-13-2019 11:23 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(05-13-2019 07:51 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  

Mission ACCOMPLISHED

Beware the Law of Unintended Consequences.
05-14-2019 10:33 AM
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California

Are you kidding, people already add endless comments to the most asinine threads that aren't even trying to be satirical. Just scroll through a few pages of old threads and you'll see threads based on internet articles more than a year old, threads based on somebody's dumb blog post on another site, threads based on misreading a news article, all of which have more than 100 comments.
05-14-2019 11:25 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.