Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News House Dem 'Sole focus' right now on making sure Trump doesn't get second term
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
House Dem 'Sole focus' right now on making sure Trump doesn't get second term
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/...d565b.html

Quote:U.S. Rep. Cedric Richmond, a New Orleans Democrat who is assistant to the House majority whip, says his "sole focus" right now is on making sure that President Donald Trump doesn't win a second term in office.

"We need to make sure that he does not win re-election," Richmond said during an appearance on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday.

Richmond, the only Democrat in the Louisiana delegation and a former chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, was one of the first members of Congress to endorse former Vice President Joe Biden's 2020 campaign for president.

He explained his support is based on Biden's "entire body of work."

"One thing I learned in politics very early: you can't govern if you can't win," Richmond said during the TV appearance. "And I believe Joe Biden ... is the best person to represent the Democratic Party, but I think he's the best person to win."

Richmond also said he doesn't believe that the investigation into Trump's presidential campaign and claims of connections to Russia is a settled matter after the release of a redacted version of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report.

"This president has attempted to collude, if that's the word he wants to use. He's attempted to obstruct justice at the least. At the worst, he's obstructed justice and I believe that is the Judiciary Committee's responsibility to dig into it," Richmond said. "We have not heard from this president under oath."

Attorney General William Barr first released a summary of the Mueller report, saying it absolved the president. The full report doesn't explicitly say whether Trump should face charges or not. Barr is expected to testify before Congress this week.

Richmond said he thinks that the Democrat-controlled House should seriously consider impeachment of Trump.

"I think it's the best way to get all of the facts out," he said. "I also believe that at some point we have to hear from this president whether he's lying to us or not. We need to hear from him under oath."

Trump, who received more than 58 percent of the vote in Louisiana in 2016, is scheduled to have a fundraiser in New Orleans on May 14.

Why should a House Rep bother with trying to pass any legislation... I know that's the purpose of their job and what they're getting paid to do... but they've gotta REEEEEEEE some more about Trump.
Who cares about improving the lives of Americans... they've got Trump to deal with.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019 06:30 PM by q5sys.)
04-29-2019 06:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: House Dem 'Sole focus' right now on making sure Trump doesn't get second term
it makes sense that anyone named Cedric would 'write' "that" legislation....

what else can dem idiots do in the due of "doo-doo"...

#tostadoe-compadre
04-29-2019 06:33 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: House Dem 'Sole focus' right now on making sure Trump doesn't get second term
(04-29-2019 06:29 PM)q5sys Wrote:  https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/...d565b.html

Quote:U.S. Rep. Cedric Richmond, a New Orleans Democrat who is assistant to the House majority whip, says his "sole focus" right now is on making sure that President Donald Trump doesn't win a second term in office.

"We need to make sure that he does not win re-election," Richmond said during an appearance on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday.

Richmond, the only Democrat in the Louisiana delegation and a former chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, was one of the first members of Congress to endorse former Vice President Joe Biden's 2020 campaign for president.

"One thing I learned in politics very early: you can't govern if you can't win," Richmond said during the TV appearance. "And I believe Joe Biden ... is the best person to represent the Democratic Party, but I think he's the best person to win."

Richmond also said he doesn't believe that the investigation into Trump's presidential campaign and claims of connections to Russia is a settled matter after the release of a redacted version of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report.

"This president has attempted to collude, if that's the word he wants to use. He's attempted to obstruct justice at the least. At the worst, he's obstructed justice and I believe that is the Judiciary Committee's responsibility to dig into it," Richmond said. "We have not heard from this president under oath."

Attorney General William Barr first released a summary of the Mueller report, saying it absolved the president. The full report doesn't explicitly say whether Trump should face charges or not. Barr is expected to testify before Congress this week.

Richmond said he thinks that the Democrat-controlled House should seriously consider impeachment of Trump.

"I think it's the best way to get all of the facts out," he said. "I also believe that at some point we have to hear from this president whether he's lying to us or not. We need to hear from him under oath."

Trump, who received more than 58 percent of the vote in Louisiana in 2016, is scheduled to have a fundraiser in New Orleans on May 14.

Why should a House Rep bother with trying to pass any legislation... I know that's the purpose of their job and what they're getting paid to do... but they've gotta REEEEEEEE some more about Trump.
Who cares about improving the lives of Americans... they've got Trump to deal with.

The question is:
Would they be even more freaked out if it was an actual conservative Republican like Pence or Cruz?
04-29-2019 06:35 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I agree with this guy...Biden has the best chance of the candidates to win. Can he? It is a long way to election day.
04-29-2019 07:02 PM
stinkfist Offline

(04-29-2019 07:02 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I agree with this guy...Biden has the best chance of the candidates to win. Can he? It is a long way to election day.

so, if the candidate is a career creep, that makes it okey-dokey???

you're a toughie....I don't do the passive-aggressive veddy well...

I'll state out of the gate he doesn't have a snowball's.....
04-29-2019 07:23 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
House Dem 'Sole focus' right now on making sure Trump doesn't get second term
This election cycle is going to be fun. Bottom line will be Trump by a landslide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
04-29-2019 08:41 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Even with 100,000 Somali radicals in Minnesota, Trump wins that state.
04-29-2019 08:49 PM
stinkfist Offline

(04-29-2019 08:49 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Even with 100,000 Somali radicals in Minnesota, Trump wins that state.

not that it would be a 'monster', but I would bet yes on MN going red on this merry-go-round...
04-29-2019 08:53 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(04-29-2019 07:02 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I agree with this guy...Biden has the best chance of the candidates to win. Can he? It is a long way to election day.

Do you realized what you just wrote? The best chance the dims have to win is Biden? Remember he did not even get in the race against Clinton supposedly because Barry told him he couldn’t win. Maybe Barry should give him a call.....
04-29-2019 09:07 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
I hope they stay on task. as long as they are chasing Trump the cant continue to ruin America
04-29-2019 09:11 PM
stinkfist Offline

(04-29-2019 09:11 PM)shere khan Wrote:  I hope they stay on task. as long as they are chasing Trump the cant continue to ruin America

they can't make it any easier....

[Image: TheseDeepBelugawhale-small.gif]
04-29-2019 09:52 PM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(04-29-2019 06:29 PM)q5sys Wrote:  https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/...d565b.html

Sounds familiar

governing has been dead for years.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019 10:04 PM by Niner National.)
04-29-2019 10:03 PM
stinkfist Offline

(04-29-2019 10:03 PM)Niner National Wrote:  

Sounds familiar

if I could take out McConnell's voice box, I would....the knees or cods would hurt more... 03-wink

what a putz he is....
04-29-2019 10:11 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Sounds familiar

What was amazing to me is that anyone finds this unusual. That has always been the goal of the opposition. Governing defined as having some other goal has been dead for centuries.

Frankly, I'd rather have this particular version of the HOR doing this than passing legislation.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019 09:56 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
04-30-2019 06:38 AM
stinkfist Offline

(04-30-2019 06:38 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
Sounds familiar

What was amazing to me is that anyone finds this unusual. That has always been the goal of the opposition.

Frankly, I'd rather have this particular version of the HOR doing this than passing legislation.

yeah....however, uncle bob (mitch the biatch) is in the senate...

Richmond is a putz of the worst kind....no differently than the majority in the house

in essence, you should be thanking your 'lucky charms' for #DJTexperiment...

it is only HE that has 'stagnated' what you imply as 'worthy'....

why in the hades do you think I pull for his fat arse every day.....congress is lost in space....

#nothingnew
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019 06:48 AM by stinkfist.)
04-30-2019 06:47 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(04-29-2019 08:41 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  This election cycle is going to be fun. Bottom line will be Trump by a landslide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to agree. Hearing this is their latest strategy it made me realize he'll thwart that, too, and win another term.

Thanks, Dems!
04-30-2019 08:51 AM
Advertisement

swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Sounds familiar

Thanks. I was about to post. These guys have short memories.
04-30-2019 09:42 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

yeah, what a dirty low down thing to do...

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

- Mitch McConnell
04-30-2019 10:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-30-2019 09:42 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  
(04-29-2019 10:03 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Sounds familiar

Thanks. I was about to post. These guys have short memories.

So, are you saying that both are wrong or that both are okay?
04-30-2019 10:32 AM
stinkfist Offline

are we having fonzies, yet! (rhetorical)

thank the good goodies for the sane folk...they are to be revered....
04-30-2019 10:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.