Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT - Dress Code (For Parents) at Madison HS here
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
OT - Dress Code (For Parents) at Madison HS here
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/24/us/housto...index.html

Well this is political but it seems like that's all people want to talk about anyway lately here, so why not promote the link.

Houston Madison HS is in the news now for its dress code - but not for its students. They have a dress code for parents dropping off their kids at school, or visiting them during the day.

Principal Carlotta Outley Brown wrote in a letter earlier this month to parents that they cannot enter school grounds while wearing pajamas or revealing clothing. The school is also prohibiting parents from wearing leggings, sagging pants, low-rider shorts, short dresses and low-cut tops. Women can't wear a satin cap, hair curlers, shower cap or bonnet on their heads.

The new policy was implemented "to prepare our children and let them know daily, the appropriate attire they are supposed to wear when entering a building, going somewhere, applying for a job, or visiting someone outside of the home setting," Outley Brown said.

I've got to say that as a parent of two HS kids in the suburbs (but not too far as the crow flies from Madison) that I don't believe I've ever seen a parent at our high school wearing any of that. Now picking up the kids (or dropping them off in the morning) on the drive-thru lane is a different matter - I definitely have seen parents or older siblings dressed in some of those types of attire.

I've also seen parents walking their dog on school grounds while waiting for school to get out, and in line coming from or to work in some very strange vehicles (motorcycles, mulch trucks, and the like).
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019 03:47 PM by Fort Bend Owl.)
04-24-2019 03:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

greyowl72 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: OT - Dress Code (For Parents) at Madison HS here
I guess my kids could not have attended that school.
I wear green pajamas almost every day to work and wore them on numerous occasions to pick up my children from school.
Bummer
04-24-2019 04:00 PM
ruowls Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Football Genius
(04-24-2019 04:00 PM)greyowl72 Wrote:  I guess my kids could not have attended that school.
I wear green pajamas almost every day to work and wore them on numerous occasions to pick up my children from school.
Bummer

Green?
I wear blue with grey accents and black alternates.
04-24-2019 04:55 PM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
(04-24-2019 04:00 PM)greyowl72 Wrote:  I guess my kids could not have attended that school.
Bummer
Your kids could certainly attend; they would just have walk, or bike, or take the bus, or ride with other kids.

Come to think of it, when I was a kid, those options were the norm; it was pretty rare for a kid to be dropped off or picked up individually.
04-24-2019 05:09 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
(04-24-2019 04:55 PM)ruowls Wrote:  
Bummer

Green?

Pajamas? I don't need no stinkin' pajamas.
04-24-2019 05:17 PM
Advertisement

greyowl72 Online
Heisman

Bummer

Green?
Wow. Yours sound MUCH nicer than mine!
04-24-2019 05:18 PM
grOWLer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice Owls
I'm waiting to hear from THRILL.
04-24-2019 07:38 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
Sorry, I know some people that would *pay* to drop their kids off and concurrently ogle some in 'revealing clothes[,].... low-rider shorts, short dresses and low-cut tops.'

Also, how about using that aspect as an 'incentive to keep male HS students from calling in sick' or somefink equally as useful.
04-24-2019 08:58 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
Bummer

Green?

Better than those pjs at Huntsville with the alternating horizontal black and white stripes. Yours sound much more classy...........
04-24-2019 08:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.