Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NFL Draft
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
NFL Draft
We are now 5 days away and even though I don't see any 1st rounders (or probably 2nd rounders) we could see a NUMBER of MAC players drafted in round 3.

I assume that any of the following could go in the 3rd round:

Crosby, Sharping, Bunting, Johnson (WR - TOL), etc.

The NFL seems to like in recent years to slot MAC draftees in say rounds 3 and 4.

Biggest wildcard is Jackson (QB - UB).

Did I miss any obvious possible high picks??
04-20-2019 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
RE: NFL Draft
NFL radio and some analysts are very high on Johnson from Toledo. I heard Cody Thompson on a NFL radio interview as well. I have not heard much on Jackson QB, surprised at that as well. Great combine numbers and just looks good.
04-20-2019 01:55 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

As I suggested once we hit the 3rd round the NFL draft could have a number of MAC players. I would think say 4 or 5 in the 3 or 4th rounds.
04-20-2019 02:54 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Toledo should have at least 2, possibly 4, guys drafted probably all on the last day-rounds 4-7. Cody Thompson (probably around round 5), Jonvea Johnson (7th or UDFA) and DB Kadar Holliman (6th-UDFA) all tested very well in speed, strength and agility drills and Thompson has big production numbers and versatility. Diontae Johnson is the wildcard. His combine performance was so-so but he is such a playmaker with the ball in his hands that someone will probably draft him but seen projections from 3rd round to UDFA, so who knows. Toledo also has a DT and DE getting looks but more likely each is UDFA. Their kicker Vest could end up in a camp too if he's trying to make the league.
04-20-2019 08:06 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(04-20-2019 08:23 AM)emu steve Wrote:  We are now 5 days away and even though I don't see any 1st rounders (or probably 2nd rounders) we could see a NUMBER of MAC players drafted in round 3.

The NFL seems to like in recent years to slot MAC draftees in say rounds 3 and 4.

Max Scharping
04-20-2019 09:33 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
I've seen Vest working hard to get a chance. Practicing with ex Rocket kicker J.D. Detmer. Most kickers get a chance but very few make a team. Turnover at that position is incredibly low. My guess is Thompson 6th round, Diontae Johnson 7th. Holman and JonVea Johnson as UDFA for UT.

Sutton Smith should be the highest draft pick for the conference. CMU has a good corner right? UB with a few playmakers looking for shots. Anthony Johnson will be taken before ANY UT guys.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019 09:32 PM by UofToledoFans.)
04-21-2019 09:30 PM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
My bet is on UB's QB Jackson as the first pick in the 3rd round and CMU corner and crosby in 4th. I think a johnson, Smith, Scharping, d johnson and thompson get drafted late. cmu has another db who could get picked and hodge from UB small chance late along w hollman and j johnson from UT so likely 6 or 7, maybe 8 or 9 MAC guys total.
04-22-2019 03:29 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(04-21-2019 09:30 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  I've seen Vest working hard to get a chance. Practicing with ex Rocket kicker J.D. Detmer. Most kickers get a chance but very few make a team. Turnover at that position is incredibly low. My guess is Thompson 6th round, Diontae Johnson 7th. Holman and JonVea Johnson as UDFA for UT.

Sutton Smith should be the highest draft pick for the conference. CMU has a good corner right? UB with a few playmakers looking for shots. Anthony Johnson will be taken before ANY UT guys.

Sutton Smith is getting absolutely NO buzz.

Both he and Maxx Crosby were outstanding edge rushers. But I think Crosby has the size, speed, agility, etc. etc. to make it in the NFL. Smith was a very good college player who doesn't project well to the NFL.
04-22-2019 04:16 AM
Big Redd Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Sharping will be drafted early day 2. Sutton Smith late rounds, if at all.
04-22-2019 03:47 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(04-22-2019 03:47 PM)Big Redd Wrote:  Sharping will be drafted early day 2. Sutton Smith late rounds, if at all.

Crosby and Smith indicate why pro scouts never rely on stats for evaluating pro potential.

I remember Ed Marinaro the very, very prolific RB decades ago. Runner up for the Heisman Trophy but a very forgettable NFL career.

Speed kills it in the NFL and without excellent speed, quicks, etc. players don't project well to the NFL.
04-23-2019 07:45 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(04-23-2019 07:45 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(04-22-2019 03:47 PM)Big Redd Wrote:  Sharping will be drafted early day 2. Sutton Smith late rounds, if at all.

Crosby and Smith indicate why pro scouts never rely on stats for evaluating pro potential.

I remember Ed Marinaro the very, very prolific RB decades ago. Runner up for the Heisman Trophy but a very forgettable NFL career.

Speed kills it in the NFL and without excellent speed, quicks, etc. players don't project well to the NFL.

Size and speed. Garrett Wolfe was a great college player and had enough speed and quickness but wasn't big enough.
04-23-2019 08:59 AM
Advertisement

kreed5120 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron
"The NFL will honor the City of Akron as one of its “Original Towns” during the NFL100 centennial celebration; the city will host a sixth-round draft pick live on April 27."

Tom Arth and Larry Williams will both be participating in some capacity in the selection.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/lo...the-league
04-23-2019 01:59 PM
eich41 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CMU
Bunting breaks the ice at pick #39 to the Bucs. Really blew up the combine with the second fastest 40 for CBs (which was one of his knocks going in). Was the fourth corner taken overall.
04-26-2019 06:53 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Max Scharping #55 to Houston. NIU's 3rd highest pick.
04-26-2019 08:06 PM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
Diontae Johnson puts Toledo on the board at 66 to those MAC-lovin’ Steeltown Clowns.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019 08:54 PM by MacLord.)
04-26-2019 08:53 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Maxx Crosby keeps it going for the MAC, selected by the Raiders with pick #106!
04-27-2019 11:25 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

(04-20-2019 08:23 AM)emu steve Wrote:  We are now 5 days away and even though I don't see any 1st rounders (or probably 2nd rounders) we could see a NUMBER of MAC players drafted in round 3.

Not to bad. Bunting and Sharping went higher than I thought, but Crosby slipped a little.

The UB QB is a real wildcard. Some will see him as a boom and others as a big bust.
04-27-2019 11:51 AM
nyquil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Buffalo
Fourth round ends without Jackson being drafted. Wonder if he will wind up being an undrafted FA.
04-27-2019 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Sutton Smith in 6th round to Steelers.
04-27-2019 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
Kadar Holliman DB Toledo- 6th Rd Pick to Green Bay
04-27-2019 03:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.