Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Congrats to George Webb, recipient of Rice Alumni 2019 Meritorious Service Award
texd Offline
Weirdly (but seductively) meaty

I Root For: acorns & such

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
OT: Congrats to George Webb, recipient of Rice Alumni 2019 Meritorious Service Award
George does a lot to advance Rice and its alumni community. Congratulations are in order to George for this well deserved honor.

Here's the announcement from March.

Quote:The Association of Rice Alumni is thrilled to announce the 2019 Laureates Awards honorees! Created in 1937, the Laureates Awards Program celebrates highly distinguished individuals for extraordinary achievements and contributions to their professions, local communities and Rice University. This year's honorees are:

Gold Medal
H. Russell Pitman ’58

Distinguished Alumni Award
James L. Burch ’68
D. Mark Durcan ’83, ’84
Timothy E. Holy ’91
Cristle Collins Judd ’83
Dianna McGookey Milewicz ’78

Meritorious Service Award
Suzanne Deal Booth ’77
John V. Jaggers ’73
L. Charles Landgraf ’75
George W. Webb III ’88, ’91

The Laureates Awards honorees will be recognized at the Laureates Awards Dinner, May 11, at the River Oaks Country Club. The special evening will include a reception with the honorees, a formal dinner and awards ceremony, and a champagne and dessert reception.

This year’s program will also include special recognition of Rice’s 2019 Builders Award winner. Established in 2005, the Builders Award honors young alumni leaders who have made outstanding contributions to Rice post-graduation. The 2019 honoree is Denny Lehman ’12.

Rice University Laureates Awards Dinner

Saturday, May 11, 2019
Reception at 6 p.m.
Dinner and program at 6:45 p.m.

River Oaks Country Club
1600 River Oaks Boulevard
Houston, TX 77019
04-16-2019 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
George certainly deserves all the kudos we can throw at him but you need to spend a little more time 'round these parts, pardner!
04-16-2019 04:17 PM
Advertisement

texd Offline
Weirdly (but seductively) meaty

I Root For: acorns & such

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: OT: Congrats to George Webb, recipient of Rice Alumni 2019 Meritorious Service Award
Thanks. I even looked for that, but in my haste didn't see the thread.
04-16-2019 08:15 PM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
RE: OT: Congrats to George Webb, recipient of Rice Alumni 2019 Meritorious Service Award
As I have tried to say to each of you individually, thank you for your kind words!

And while this award is certainly a tremendous honor, today I received what may be the biggest honor of all: I'm the answer to the trivia question in this morning's RUBPA Rice Update!

Quote:Name the former Rice Engineering Alumni (REA) president who will receive an ARA Meritorious Service Award next month. Email your answer here.

Now THAT's pretty cool!

And of course I hope that many Parliamentarians can come to the Rice Laureates Dinner on May 11. My wife have been many times, and it really is a fun event. One suggestion: if you go, be sure to get there right when the cocktail hour starts, as that's the best part. Here is the link for tickets:
https://alumni.rice.edu/laureates
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2019 11:01 AM by georgewebb.)
04-18-2019 11:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.