Rayjon to the NBA draft
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Rayjon to the NBA draft
@EvanDaniels
5m
Little Rock guard Rayjon Tucker declared for the NBA Draft. He had been contemplating a transfer. Averaged 20.3 PPG last season.

While I'm sure he could still change his mind, I was wondering if this is what would end up happening. He is not graduating this Spring. He needs hours this summer to graduate. I think it is safe to assume he won't be getting help from tutors at UALR. I figured now days he could maybe get the hours online. While many teams were interested, how many would want to hold a scholarship open just in case he completes his hours this summer. He'll probably play in he G-League next year, but I could see him move up to the NBA or earn good money in Europe.
04-15-2019 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Rayjon to the NBA draft
247 Sports-

Rayjon Tucker, arguably the best graduate transfer on the market, declared for the NBA Draft on Monday, but he's leaving the option open to return to college, he tells 247Sports.
"I declared, but keeping my eligibility," Tucker said.
Tucker, a 6-foot-5 guard out of Charlotte, had originally announced that he would graduate from Little Rock and transfer. Tucker then took an official visit to West Virginia this past weekend.

"I loved the coaching staff and the guys on the team we really vibed well and the people of West Virginia are great," Tucker said about his visit.
While he's actively looking into the NBA Draft, he's also scheduling more college visits. Tucker told 247Sports that he intends to visit Auburn this coming weekend.
To go with WVU and Auburn, Tucker said he's also still considering North Carolina, Memphis, South Carolina, Iowa State, Kansas and Arkansas.
04-15-2019 08:20 PM
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Rayjon to the NBA draft
[Image: d07e8a5c2cb1b1eda069c9d338e25205.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-24-2019 08:12 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

My son is excited. Rayjon will visit Kansas on May 10-12. Before that he will visit Memphis and Iowa State. I think he will end up at Auburn (due to his relationship with Wes) or Kansas (because it is his last visit and it's Kansas). However, he could still stay in the draft if he does well in the pre-draft camps. Actually, making the NBA this year would be best for us- regardless of his stated intent to transfer, if he makes an NBA roster next season, he will always be announced as "starting at guard, from Little Rock, Rayjon Tucker".
04-24-2019 09:58 AM
ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock
The best thing for us right now is Rayjon graduates. If he doesn't he counts against our APR which probably isn't very good right now.
04-24-2019 12:39 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-24-2019 12:39 PM)ez272 Wrote:  The best thing for us right now is Rayjon graduates. If he doesn't he counts against our APR which probably isn't very good right now.

If he decides to go to the NBA (or pro anywhere) he won't graduate. That's the only thing that may make a school a little reluctant to hold a scholarship open for him- no guarantee he will graduate at this point. If he doesn't graduate I suppose he can continue at Little Rock, if we have a scholarship and Darrell will have him.
04-24-2019 12:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.