Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Darren Savino
Bookmark and Share
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Darren Savino
Been hearing his name alot as one of the favorites. Honestly don't know alot about him, and his coaching style. Just Mick 2.0 without the screaming? Always seemed like a Big East guy to me, and his recruiting connections weren't as useful when we shifted to the AAC. The one thing that concerns me is the lack of mention or job offers from other programs. He has been with Mick all 13 years, and as far as I know has never even been given an interview for a HC gig. I look at an assistant like Fife, and he has had alot of interest and job offers, but just hasn't been interested in making the jump yet.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2019 12:21 PM by jarr.)
04-14-2019 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gerhard911 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats!
RE: Darren Savino
Just clean house - no MC remnants, please. It's time for a new direction with the MBB program.

04-14-2019 11:43 AM
C1ncy4Life Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
I actually think he would be a decent coach, and I think the Players would probably buy in, but I’m not sure he is ready to be the HC at a program like Cincinnati. He needs to go to a stepping stone program as Head Coach first. Prove himself and then possibly come to a bigger program.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2019 11:46 AM by C1ncy4Life.)
04-14-2019 11:45 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
This thread scared me. I'd love to see him get his shot but it shouldn't be at uc

04-14-2019 11:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(04-14-2019 11:48 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  This thread scared me. I'd love to see him get his shot but it shouldn't be at uc

same here

04-14-2019 12:05 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
please no.

04-14-2019 12:15 PM
crex043 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Darren Savino
Maybe one of twenty "serious" candidates who is being interviewed as a courtesy of having been a faithful Bearcat these past several years.

I think Bohn would know that a riot would follow if he was the hire.

04-14-2019 12:17 PM
Advertisement

levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-14-2019 11:39 AM)jarr Wrote:  Been hearing his name alot as one of the favorites. Honestly don't know alot about him, and his coachint style. Just Mick 2.0 without the screaming? Always seemed like a Big East guy to me, and his recruiting connections weren't as useful when we shifted to the AAC. The one thing that concerns me is the lack of mention or job offers from other programs. He hss been woth Mick all 13 years, and as fsr as I know hss never even been given an interview for a HC gig. I look at an assistant like Fife, and he has had alot of interest and job offers, but just hasn't been interested in making the jump yet.

Savino was with Cronin at Murray but didn't come to UC immediately. He was at Rutgers for a few years in between.

Hiring him would be massively underwhelming. There's no reason to let Cronin walk just to hire his assistant. I think it'd be a huge mistake, too, to hire someone with a connection to Mick. This is an opportunity for a clean break.

04-14-2019 12:21 PM
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
If we don't hire Savino as HC, who else will be looking at him? Nobody, not even low or mid majors like NKU or Miami OH. Then why the heck should a high major like UC consider him?

Let him go with Mick, and we can move on from the Mick era.

04-14-2019 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-14-2019 11:43 AM)gerhard911 Wrote:  Just clean house - no MC remnants, please. It's time for a new direction with the MBB program.

i hope the strength coach stays and the video coordinator. Experience goes a long ways.

04-14-2019 02:06 PM
Advertisement

eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool

04-14-2019 02:31 PM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
NKU should hire Savino.

04-14-2019 02:56 PM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
(04-14-2019 02:56 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  NKU should hire Savino.

If he wants to be a HC, he should look to the East Coast, where is recruiting strength is.

04-14-2019 03:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.