Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wallace did the news conference without Pera’s Approval
Bookmark and Share
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
Wallace did the news conference without Pera’s Approval
I’ve got it on some pretty good intel that Wallace did the news conference without the blessing of Pera. Pera being an absentee owner was still flying here when the conference was taking place. Wallace held the news conference and said what he said as a way of trying to back Pera into a corner and force Pera to keep him on as GM.

Pera was extremely pissed about this. He did not want the news conference happening until late in the day. And as much as you can say about Pera as an owner, the business man in him had no problem cutting bait. Wallace is sneaky. And Pera has had enough.

So if you are searching for reasons as to why the conference happened and then the firing, Wallace knew he was about to get canned So he orchestrated this entire thing. Once again pointing to the narcissistic ego maniac that he is.
04-11-2019 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies
RE: Wallace did the news conference without Pera’s Approval
I kind of had the suspicion that Wallace was going into business for himself there
04-12-2019 05:10 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(04-11-2019 10:14 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  I’ve got it on some pretty good intel that Wallace did the news conference without the blessing of Pera. Pera being an absentee owner was still flying here when the conference was taking place. Wallace held the news conference and said what he said as a way of trying to back Pera into a corner and force Pera to keep him on as GM.

Pera was extremely pissed about this. He did not want the news conference happening until late in the day. And as much as you can say about Pera as an owner, the business man in him had no problem cutting bait. Wallace is sneaky. And Pera has had enough.

So if you are searching for reasons as to why the conference happened and then the firing, Wallace knew he was about to get canned So he orchestrated this entire thing. Once again pointing to the narcissistic ego maniac that he is.
Pera was so pissed he reassigned him. If he was pissed he would have fired him. As usual you are full of it.
04-12-2019 05:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
(04-12-2019 05:33 AM)mairving Wrote:  
(04-11-2019 10:14 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  I’ve got it on some pretty good intel that Wallace did the news conference without the blessing of Pera. Pera being an absentee owner was still flying here when the conference was taking place. Wallace held the news conference and said what he said as a way of trying to back Pera into a corner and force Pera to keep him on as GM.

Pera was so pissed he reassigned him. If he was pissed he would have fired him. As usual you are full of it.

He’s under contract. And if you really want to humiliate a manager, demote him and make him work with the people he was managing. Make him do their job. But anyways, glad to know you follow my work.
04-12-2019 07:10 AM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

(04-12-2019 07:10 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  
(04-12-2019 05:33 AM)mairving Wrote:  

He’s under contract. And if you really want to humiliate a manager, demote him and make him work with the people he was managing. Make him do their job. But anyways, glad to know you follow my work.

Wallace doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who gets humiliated like that. He can stay away, being a front office official in name only, going on Vernon's show every week, and boosting the self esteem of all the local Elks and Squirrel Clubs and what nots. And he can do so indefinitely, not take it outwardly personally (I suspect he doesn't take what other many people take as professional disrespect as personally) and return. Also, he bootstrapped his livelihood as a janitor. Dude has a different ego (not none, just different) than most people who care about what car they drive, or being "dissed" on the street. It was time for him to go, but I have deep appreciation for him. He is a managerial equivalent and personification of Grit and Grind. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it wasn't a great day for him. But he is no longer a fit for the franchise, and hasn't been for a couple of years.

Right decision, seemingly executed incompetently by the owner and/or new GM. I can see Wallace acting without approval. Whether that was in the absence of orders or in contravention of orders, or how pissed Pera is, I will wait and see what information comes out and from whom.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2019 09:23 AM by kabluey.)
04-12-2019 09:22 AM
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
If I was Wallace, I would resign rather than accept the humiliation of demotion and rebuke.
04-12-2019 09:36 AM
fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Tigers
He's been reassigned before. He was in the deepest circle of hell circa 2013. Scouting Europe while we made playoff runs.
04-12-2019 11:23 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
So much better than just firing him. He needed to be put in his place.
04-13-2019 11:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
If this is true it's a pretty low down move.

I'm not a Wallace fan at all but I can't imagine him trying to play hardball. He never has when making trades.
04-13-2019 05:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.