Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dog Pound Concept Art
Bookmark and Share
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Dog Pound Concept Art
Thoughts/feedback welcome ... looking to give the place a more bespoke feel without using any marks for obvious reasons.

[Image: DogPound-BigBannerMOC.jpg]

This would eventually be turned into all kinds of materials. On a related note ... I'll need somebody whom I can send outdoor vinyl table runners and business cards and stickers and other cool **** too. To qualify:

- You must tailgate at most if not all football games
- You must tailgate at least some at basketball games (if applicable)
- You must be willing to display our humble marketing materials at your tailgate prominently and with pride (photos mandatory!)
- You have to provide GTS a real life shipping address via PM, and no we do not accept PO Boxes in the US let alone Calcutta

Dibs go to mods if they call it. After that I play by feel based on reputation and other things. But if you want to get a leg up on the competition a picture from a recent tailgate showing your setup wouldn't hurt. If you have a (insert dedicated tailgating vehicle name here like Huskiemobile or Jambulance) you're pretty much a shoe-in.
04-11-2019 08:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
RE: Dog Pound Concept Art
Contact Dog Fan. He can coordinate a co-marketing campaign with the Paperback Grotto to introduce the Dog Pound to new clientele.
04-11-2019 09:07 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Just to make sure I am clear, your proposing to launch a separate fan forum for niu and uc? Or would this html reroute a user back into this forum?
04-11-2019 11:26 PM

(04-11-2019 11:26 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  Just to make sure I am clear, your proposing to launch a separate fan forum for niu and uc? Or would this html reroute a user back into this forum?

I'm talking about having our own custom look and feel here that does not use the official trademarks (for obvious reasons). Nothing is moving or changing. That domain works right now. It was put on the brick in the donation drive you guys did. That's not new.
04-11-2019 11:46 PM
Advertisement

DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Could you get away with using the current font?
04-12-2019 08:50 AM
NorthCoast Away
Your DEFINITIVE MAC source

I Root For: NIU/Equity/Beer
(04-12-2019 08:50 AM)DogTracks Wrote:  Could you get away with using the current font?

This is a great suggestion, and a must.

NIU has a customized font, which for similar reasons to the logos/trademarks you may not want to use; however, the font currently being utilized is a reasonable enough facsimile that doesn't infringe on any copyrights. It should definitely be used in whatever new art is created.
04-12-2019 09:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

(04-12-2019 08:50 AM)DogTracks Wrote:  Could you get away with using the current font?

Oh yeah, a more blocky font is something I agree with. For sure.
04-13-2019 12:16 AM
Advertisement

Now with more appropriate font. Looking for a font with the block corner round characters to see how that'd look. The one you see below here is copperplate, which if you look at the bare font looks very NIU-ish.

[Image: DogPound-BigBannerMOC2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2019 12:12 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
04-14-2019 12:10 PM

We'll give it another run in NCAA Marquette font (yes, that's a real font, yes, it looks VERY VERY close to the current masthead: https://www.ffonts.net/NCAA-Marquette-Bo...+DOG+POUND )
04-14-2019 12:29 PM
NorthCoast Away

(04-14-2019 12:29 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  We'll give it another run in NCAA Marquette font (yes, that's a real font, yes, it looks VERY VERY close to the current masthead: https://www.ffonts.net/NCAA-Marquette-Bo...+DOG+POUND )

This font appears to be the exact one currently used.

Also, if you can make the change so it reads "NIU Dog Pound" instead of "The Dog Pound" as it reads now.

Can we see versions with the eyes above the header (as it is now) and another version with the eyes below the header? Thanks.

I'd like to add a third version. Can we see a version with the "NIU" centered above the eyes and the "Dog Pound" centered underneath the eyes? Thanks again.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2019 01:07 PM by NorthCoast.)
04-14-2019 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

(04-14-2019 01:04 PM)NorthCoast Wrote:  This font appears to be the exact one currently used.

Also, if you can make the change so it reads "NIU Dog Pound" instead of "The Dog Pound" as it reads now.

Can we see versions with the eyes above the header (as it is now) and another version with the eyes below the header? Thanks.

I'd like to add a third version. Can we see a version with the "NIU" centered above the eyes and the "Dog Pound" centered underneath the eyes? Thanks again.

My inner not-a-lawyer-admittedly gets nervous at using NIU in the name. I don't think that will fly, but I can ask actual lawyers I know. I don't mind so much with it being in the domain given that the domain just deposits you here at CSN.
04-14-2019 01:31 PM
NorthCoast Away

(04-14-2019 01:31 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(04-14-2019 01:04 PM)NorthCoast Wrote:  This font appears to be the exact one currently used.

My inner not-a-lawyer-admittedly gets nervous at using NIU in the name. I don't think that will fly, but I can ask actual lawyers I know. I don't mind so much with it being in the domain given that the domain just deposits you here at CSN.

Exactly. Since "NIUDogPound" is the actual domain name, nobody should have a legitimate basis to object (I don't think anyone would). But then again, I'm no lawyer either. Probably best to run it by your lawyer-types. Or ask "Max Power" here.
04-14-2019 01:53 PM

[Image: DogPound-BigBannerMOC4.jpg]
05-03-2019 04:46 PM
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
That's the stuff, GT
05-06-2019 12:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.