Mick Cronin statement about UC from his Twitter page

04-09-2019 07:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
RE: Mick Cronin statement about UC from his Twitter page
(04-09-2019 07:05 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  https://twitter.com/CoachCroninUC[Image: D3vdDJAX4AINFzr.jpg:small]

"Along this tough hard road I realized the way we compete is more important than the outcome."

Yeah....Im not seeing UCLA digging this.

04-09-2019 07:35 PM
levydl Online
All American

I Root For:
That's a very odd statement.

04-09-2019 07:58 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Quitter

04-09-2019 07:59 PM
Kenyon#4 Away
Retired

I Root For: Bearcats
People with limited accomplishments love to talk about moral victories.

04-09-2019 08:03 PM
cpawstoney Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.C.
"I will always be a Bearcat..." - Hey UCATS! Do we have a new BIG BUCKS doner?

04-10-2019 08:14 AM
Advertisement

bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Overall, the statement was classy. Mick did a good job here. I hope he does well in Los Angeles and I hope our next coach takes to the next level.

04-10-2019 08:52 AM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
(04-10-2019 08:52 AM)bearcatdp Wrote:  Overall, the statement was classy. Mick did a good job here. I hope he does well in Los Angeles and I hope our next coach takes to the next level.

+1, on to the next chapter...............and hopefully a little more offense.

04-10-2019 09:06 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(04-10-2019 09:06 AM)dsquare Wrote:  
(04-10-2019 08:52 AM)bearcatdp Wrote:  Overall, the statement was classy. Mick did a good job here. I hope he does well in Los Angeles and I hope our next coach takes to the next level.

+1, on to the next chapter...............and hopefully a little more offense.

and better recruiting

04-10-2019 09:07 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
Take it easy. Odd comment but he is gone. Cronin left us in a great situation to succeed going forward. No booing if he ever returns in honor or celebration of a team!

04-10-2019 09:52 AM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?

That's a big contrast to the way Huggins left. The administration didn't handle that well, but there was still no excuse for the way he tried to burn it all down. Huggs is a helluva basketball coach, but a low class person.

04-10-2019 10:21 AM
Advertisement

bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-09-2019 07:05 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  https://twitter.com/CoachCroninUC[Image: D3vdDJAX4AINFzr.jpg:small]

remembers your first press conference, Mick. You said UC would never have to worry about you ever leaving because you finally had your Dream Job. I know money is a great motivating factor but how much is enough? your 2 million plus salary will go further in Cincinnati than your 4 million in los angeles due to taxes/cost of living, etc. I hope Los Angeles doesn't change Sammie and you. Thanks for bringing UC back into the limelight though. I always appreciated what you did at UC. God's blessings on the rest of your life.

04-10-2019 10:37 AM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-09-2019 07:35 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

"Along this tough hard road I realized the way we compete is more important than the outcome."

Yeah....Im not seeing UCLA digging this.

yeah, UCLA will be less tolerant than Cinncinnati fans were.

04-10-2019 10:38 AM
cpawstoney Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.C.
(04-10-2019 10:21 AM)Former Lurker Wrote:  

That's a big contrast to the way Huggins left. The administration didn't handle that well, but there was still no excuse for the way he tried to burn it all down. Huggs is a helluva basketball coach, but a low class person.

Sorry bad joke. I didn't mean to disrespect Cronin. He's always been a first class guy. I became a Cronin fan with his handling of the Crosstown Brawl. He did what he said he would do by returning us to national prominence he was just not able to climb that final hill in March. If anything, I'm sad Mick left. He brought badly needed stability to the program.

04-10-2019 10:43 AM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

(04-10-2019 10:37 AM)bearcat54 Wrote:  

remembers your first press conference, Mick. You said UC would never have to worry about you ever leaving because you finally had your Dream Job. I know money is a great motivating factor but how much is enough? your 2 million plus salary will go further in Cincinnati than your 4 million in los angeles due to taxes/cost of living, etc. I hope Los Angeles doesn't change Sammie and you. Thanks for bringing UC back into the limelight though. I always appreciated what you did at UC. God's blessings on the rest of your life.

Never say never.

04-10-2019 10:44 AM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(04-10-2019 10:44 AM)bearcatdp Wrote:  

Never say never.

This bull**** is frustrating. Why does everyone assume this move is about money. Love him or hate him he gave 13 years to the university which is essentially a lifetime in this age of college sports. I think after 13 years even a "dream job" might become stale. I like (but never loved) Cronin. I am sad to see him go, but I think change is good for all parties involved. I think Cronin saw that as well.

I don't think this was a money move. This was the chance to take a school which is still considered a blueblood by the media and gets a fresh start. Hundreds of coaches change jobs more than once every 13 years and their daughters are not worse off for it. I would have been ecstatic to move to LA in my teens.

04-10-2019 11:11 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-10-2019 11:11 AM)Banter Wrote:  
(04-10-2019 10:44 AM)bearcatdp Wrote:  

Never say never.

This bull**** is frustrating. Why does everyone assume this move is about money. Love him or hate him he gave 13 years to the university which is essentially a lifetime in this age of college sports. I think after 13 years even a "dream job" might become stale. I like (but never loved) Cronin. I am sad to see him go, but I think change is good for all parties involved. I think Cronin saw that as well.

I don't think this was a money move. This was the chance to take a school which is still considered a blueblood by the media and gets a fresh start. Hundreds of coaches change jobs more than once every 13 years and their daughters are not worse off for it. I would have been ecstatic to move to LA in my teens.

Good post. I think the move is good for all parties involved - program, fans/supporters and Mick. Everyone gets a somewhat fresh start. The ending was handled well by all parties involved.

I think the media is a little irritated the way it ended. No serious drama. I saw some in the local media trying to cause controversy. Time for the fanbase to come together with the next coach. We are so far removed from situation that precipitated Mick's hiring. The Mick Cronin era has been put to bed. I am highly interested to see what comes next for the program. Move forward.

04-10-2019 11:22 AM
Z-Fly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(04-10-2019 09:52 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  Take it easy. Odd comment but he is gone. Cronin left us in a great situation to succeed going forward. No booing if he ever returns in honor or celebration of a team!

I like Mick, and I might even consider myself a supporter. But... What team are you celebrating?

04-10-2019 11:51 AM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

This was about as amicable of a parting as can exist in this day and age.

I wish Mick the best.

04-10-2019 03:57 PM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

(04-10-2019 11:51 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  
(04-10-2019 09:52 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  Take it easy. Odd comment but he is gone. Cronin left us in a great situation to succeed going forward. No booing if he ever returns in honor or celebration of a team!

I like Mick, and I might even consider myself a supporter. But... What team are you celebrating?

I think 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018, and 2019 all are worth celebrating.

04-10-2019 04:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.