I Root For:
Spring Game Weather
56 Degrees
Low Clouds
0% Chance of Precipitation
AM rain
Wind 14 mph WSW
7pm Friday
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019 07:49 AM by Boca Rocket.)
04-09-2019 07:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Spring Game Weather
Who's going to The Spring Game? I'll be there. I swear every time the game is on Friday, the weather starts off decent then turns to crap. Anybody know who the Honorary Captains/Coaches will be?
04-09-2019 09:11 PM
BellyRocket Offline
Water Engineer

I will be there for the first time!
04-09-2019 10:38 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Looking much better than the forecast a few days ago which was projecting in the 40's. Now it's looking like it could be near 60. If so, the Florida Rockets could dig out their parkas & mittens and come on up. 05-stirthepot
04-10-2019 12:01 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Why not have the game on SATURDAY when more people can attend and during the daytime when it would be warmer?
04-10-2019 07:04 AM
Advertisement

BDV27 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(04-10-2019 07:04 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  Why not have the game on SATURDAY when more people can attend and during the daytime when it would be warmer?

I don't know why they don't have more than an hour scrimmage... I get you don't want to get anyone starters hurt. But why not have a longer scrimmage and focus the majority of the scrimmage on the younger kids. It would provide them full speed, game situational experience and allow the staff the ability to better evaluate the quality of depth on the roster.
04-10-2019 12:58 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Looks like rain is done by noon. Partly sunny by 2pm.
Should be pretty nice 62 degrees anda sunny by ,7pm with 14 percent of rain.
04-11-2019 10:01 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2019 12:58 PM)BDV27 Wrote:  
(04-10-2019 07:04 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  Why not have the game on SATURDAY when more people can attend and during the daytime when it would be warmer?

I don't know why they don't have more than an hour scrimmage... I get you don't want to get anyone starters hurt. But why not have a longer scrimmage and focus the majority of the scrimmage on the younger kids. It would provide them full speed, game situational experience and allow the staff the ability to better evaluate the quality of depth on the roster.

Could be Easter weekend has something to do with the scheduling.
04-11-2019 10:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(04-11-2019 10:52 PM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  
(04-10-2019 12:58 PM)BDV27 Wrote:  

Could be Easter weekend has something to do with the scheduling.

This Sunday is Palm Sunday.
04-12-2019 04:53 AM
Advertisement

Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Heard the scrimmage turned into a practice and people started leaving...lol
04-12-2019 07:08 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(04-12-2019 07:08 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Heard the scrimmage turned into a practice and people started leaving...lol

Was really a practice but I didn't see anyone leaving. Freshman kicker Evan Davis looks like an upgrade. Peters looked the best of the QB's in my opinion. Receivers looked good Oline did not D looked good Future defensive end Darius Alexander was sitting in from of me seemed to be a really nice young man who is a real student of the game.
04-12-2019 08:12 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I went to see Cross Wilkinson. I saw him get one series, then they rotated through the QB's a couple times and when Guadagni went back in again I left. I figure Guadagni and Peters are going to be what we saw last year, though probably somewhat improved, and it is what it is. Hard to tell much about Finn. It seemed like he ran mostly. Tried to get around the corner but couldn't. Without Bradley it would appear that Guad and Peters will be 1 and 2...maybe not necessarily in that order. Who knows.

Wasn't impressed with the OL, either. Does it seem like some of them could stand to put on some weight?

Ronnie Jones had a one nice return. But, then he dropped one.

Agree, the kicker did seem to do well.

It was rather windy...and chilly like October.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2019 08:44 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
04-12-2019 08:43 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
If the kicker is an upgrade over one of the all-time greats I’ll be thrilled!
04-12-2019 10:05 PM
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

Spring Game Weather
With Bradley down we get QBG as a starter and then he will get hurt because he runs too much and Peters will play out the year

7-5 expectation. I fear we are about to fall into a Simrell esque mediocrity pattern

Did anyone notice any growth from Peters or QBG?

I snickered at the quote from the center on the QB battle. Of course they are all the same to him. He snaps then blocks. Not like we get under center much where they really get to know each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-13-2019 08:24 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(04-12-2019 08:43 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  I went to see Cross Wilkinson. I saw him get one series, then they rotated through the QB's a couple times and when Guadagni went back in again I left. I figure Guadagni and Peters are going to be what we saw last year, though probably somewhat improved, and it is what it is. Hard to tell much about Finn. It seemed like he ran mostly. Tried to get around the corner but couldn't. Without Bradley it would appear that Guad and Peters will be 1 and 2...maybe not necessarily in that order. Who knows.

Wasn't impressed with the OL, either. Does it seem like some of them could stand to put on some weight?

My guess starting OL:
LT Bell 6'8" 345
LG Atariwa 6'4" 305
C Harris 6'3" 285
RG Heidecker 6'6" 312
RT Dumont 6'4" 280
04-13-2019 08:25 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

04-13-2019 10:29 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(04-12-2019 08:43 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  I went to see Cross Wilkinson. I saw him get one series, then they rotated through the QB's a couple times and when Guadagni went back in again I left. I figure Guadagni and Peters are going to be what we saw last year, though probably somewhat improved, and it is what it is. Hard to tell much about Finn. It seemed like he ran mostly. Tried to get around the corner but couldn't. Without Bradley it would appear that Guad and Peters will be 1 and 2...maybe not necessarily in that order. Who knows.

Did not need a parka or mittens !! 05-stirthepot
Great football weather...
04-13-2019 01:35 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(04-13-2019 08:25 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

My guess starting OL:
LT Bell 6'8" 345
LG Atariwa 6'4" 305
C Harris 6'3" 285
RG Heidecker 6'6" 312
RT Dumont 6'4" 280

That averages out to 6-5 305 pounds across...
Yeah, these guys need to put on weight... 03-lmfao
04-13-2019 04:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.