Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Carolina a tournament team next season?
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
Is Carolina a tournament team next season?
Not a lot of minutes, scoring, rebounds or much of anything else returning. They are losing Cam Johnson, Luke Maye, Kenny Williams, Nassir Little and Coby White from this year's team. So far, have only two commits for next year and not many HS recruits left on the board,

Unless they can snag some key graduate transfers, they look like a bottom-half of the ACC team. Can Williams pull a rabbit out of his hat? He has in the past, but things don't look so great right now.
04-04-2019 09:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
RE: Is Carolina a tournament team next season?
Apart from U.Va the ACC could be a lot flatter next season.
04-04-2019 09:57 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
OMG! Is this the END of ACC basketball dominance - with UNC and Duke crashing to earth? Perhaps Wake Forest and Georgia Tech will rise up to take their places...
07-coffee3
04-04-2019 10:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
Hard to say this early but I would lean toward yes. Ole Roy seems to do his best coaching when he has less talent. I would not pick them past the first weekend though.
04-05-2019 11:44 AM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
I’m going to go way out on a limb and predict that North Carolina will be just fine. They may not make next year’s Final Four, but they will be just fine.
04-05-2019 12:09 PM
Advertisement

HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
With Coach Mack bringing in a top 5 class next year to go with who we got coming back.....I'd say my Cards should take a few steps forward next year!

FLossY Out...04-coffee
04-05-2019 12:59 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
Little is extremely talented with an incredibly high ceiling, but he wasn’t a major contributor most of the season. White is the biggest loss. Roy had to have known both of them were one and done though.

I think next season’s team will be interesting and fun to watch, but will probably be competing for a 6-10 seed. I’m most excited to see Woods in a starting role.
04-05-2019 03:18 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Carolina will be a sweet sixteen team next year.
04-05-2019 04:45 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
I don't know who Carolina will add to the roster but with the current roster configuration (Only return 1 of the top 6), they don't look like a tournament team.

Will they add some pieces and be a tournament team? I'd bet they will. Sweet 16 seems ambitious though.
04-06-2019 01:19 PM
Advertisement

ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I guess we have our answer. The next question is will next year bring them back to normal? And if not, where does that leave Ol' Roy?
02-21-2020 03:10 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

(02-21-2020 03:10 PM)ken d Wrote:  I guess we have our answer. The next question is will next year bring them back to normal? And if not, where does that leave Ol' Roy?

Well he’s got a great class coming in with a few bigs. Anthony will probably be gone, but if Bacot sticks around with Manley and Brooks, they’ll be an absolute force down low.

Also, it’s funny to look at my comment on Woods. He transferred a few weeks later.
02-21-2020 03:31 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-21-2020 03:31 PM)esayem Wrote:  
(02-21-2020 03:10 PM)ken d Wrote:  I guess we have our answer. The next question is will next year bring them back to normal? And if not, where does that leave Ol' Roy?

Well he’s got a great class coming in with a few bigs. Anthony will probably be gone, but if Bacot sticks around with Manley and Brooks, they’ll be an absolute force down low.

Also, it’s funny to look at my comment on Woods. He transferred a few weeks later.

There will be more talent on the roster next year, but it isn't a very balanced one. There will likely be four point guards and five bigs at 6'-10" or bigger. Black and Platek are the only wings with any experience. If one of them gets hurt or in foul trouble they could struggle, especially on defense.

This might be the kind of team that needs to study up on the Syracuse zone and put some of that length to good use.

I haven't seen any talk of transfers, largely because the Heels are up against the scholarship limit already with only Anthony sure to go early.
02-21-2020 06:41 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-06-2019 01:19 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  I don't know who Carolina will add to the roster but with the current roster configuration (Only return 1 of the top 6), they don't look like a tournament team.

Will they add some pieces and be a tournament team? I'd bet they will. Sweet 16 seems ambitious though.

Obviously no one predicted how this season played out for UNC, but I never understood how the ACC media had the Heels 2nd in their pre-season media poll, ahead of Louisville and FSU. There was nothing on paper to defend that pick, which goes to show the bias of some Tobacco road media. "K and Roy will always figure it out, the rest of the league can't compete!"
02-22-2020 02:09 PM
Advertisement

ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-22-2020 02:09 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  
(04-06-2019 01:19 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  I don't know who Carolina will add to the roster but with the current roster configuration (Only return 1 of the top 6), they don't look like a tournament team.

Obviously no one predicted how this season played out for UNC, but I never understood how the ACC media had the Heels 2nd in their pre-season media poll, ahead of Louisville and FSU. There was nothing on paper to defend that pick, which goes to show the bias of some Tobacco road media. "K and Roy will always figure it out, the rest of the league can't compete!"

You can't get enough votes just from Tobacco Road media to be picked that high. There had to be a lot of other lazy sportswriters who were drinking the same Kool-Aid. By the time they were voting there weren't going to be any late transfers to ride in and save the day. Yet 19 of them picked the Heels to finish first!
02-22-2020 09:04 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

(02-22-2020 02:09 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  

I’m not trying to be smarmy, but read a preview of the team. Everybody was expected to perform at a higher level than what they’ve done. Bacot hasn’t nearly lived up to his hype, the transfers were proven players coming in and haven’t done much, and Brooks hasn’t been able to get in a groove. Granted, there have been injuries, but still. Anthony isn’t a true point guard by any means and when he’s in they seem one dimensional. Sometimes a group of players just don’t gel, and this cobbled together bunch is a perfect example.

It seems they just need a few guys to move on and have a clean reset.
02-22-2020 11:14 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

Yeah.. everyone on their roster could have played better and they still aren’t top two. UofL and FSU simply have more talent, and did back in October. UofL also has the experience edge.
02-23-2020 12:52 AM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

(02-23-2020 12:52 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  Yeah.. everyone on their roster could have played better and they still aren’t top two. UofL and FSU simply have more talent, and did back in October. UofL also has the experience edge.

FSU also lost their best player early to the NBA, had that not happened they’d surely been first. People went by the coach, not by the name on the uniform. Williams and K have proven a lot more of the years than Hamilton and Mack.

Previews are opinion anyway, it’s not a big deal.
02-23-2020 09:15 AM
Advertisement

Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
(02-23-2020 09:15 AM)esayem Wrote:  
(02-23-2020 12:52 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  Yeah.. everyone on their roster could have played better and they still aren’t top two. UofL and FSU simply have more talent, and did back in October. UofL also has the experience edge.

FSU also lost their best player early to the NBA, had that not happened they’d surely been first. People went by the coach, not by the name on the uniform. Williams and K have proven a lot more of the years than Hamilton and Mack.

And if Duke hadn’t lost its best player ...
02-23-2020 10:30 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

(02-23-2020 10:30 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  
(02-23-2020 09:15 AM)esayem Wrote:  

And if Duke hadn’t lost its best player ...

Everyone knew that was going to happen. Kabengele was FSU’s sixth man.
02-24-2020 07:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.