Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News 2 More Women Describe 'Uncomfortable' Physical Contact From Joe Biden
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
2 More Women Describe 'Uncomfortable' Physical Contact From Joe Biden
Quote:Two more women have said they felt uncomfortable due to unwanted physical contact from Joe Biden, fueling a debate about the former Vice President’s affectionate interactions with women as he considers a 2020 presidential run in the #MeToo era.

Caitlyn Caruso, 22, told the New York Times on Tuesday that she felt uncomfortable when Biden rested his hand on her thigh and hugged her “just a little bit too long” at an event about combatting sexual assault at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas when she was 19.

D. J. Hill, 59, told the Times that, while taking a photo with Biden at a fundraising event in 2012, he put his hand on shoulder and then moved it down her back, making her “very uncomfortable.”

They join other women who have recently shared accounts of uncomfortable, inappropriate physical contact from Biden. On Friday, former Nevada state assemblywoman Lucy Flores published an essay describing an incident in which Biden came up behind her at a 2014 campaign rally in Las Vegas and kissed her on the back of the head, making her “feel uneasy, gross, and confused.”

“Even if his behavior wasn’t violent or sexual, it was demeaning and disrespectful,” Flores wrote.

Another woman, Amy Lappos, told the Hartford Courant that Biden touched her face with both hands and rubbed noses with her at a fundraiser in 2009, when she was an aide to Connecticut Rep. Jim Hines.

Biden has denied that he acted inappropriately with women and said it was not his intention to make anyone uncomfortable. “In my many years on the campaign trail and in public life, I have offered countless handshakes, hugs, expressions of affection, support and comfort. And not once — never — did I believe I acted inappropriately,” he said in a statement on Sunday. “If it is suggested I did so, I will listen respectfully. But it was never my intention.”

Other women, including celebrities and feminist leaders, have spoken out in defense of Biden, praising him as a champion for women who fought for the 1994 Violence Against Women Act as Senator and led efforts to combat campus sexual assault as Vice President.

But as Biden mulls a run for President, he is facing scrutiny about how his treatment of women over a four-decade political career holds up in the #MeToo era — from the way he handled Anita Hill’s testimony during the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings to the way he touches and interacts with women.

Link
04-03-2019 12:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.