Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BIG Spring football and 2019
Bookmark and Share
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
BIG Spring football and 2019
Excited to see the teams play in the spring games. Want to see what's up at Wisconsin with the QB's. The play of Fields at Ohio State and how Day runs the offense with him. I'm also very interested in Maryland this year. I have a feeling they might have a pretty special year!?!

Took a quote from 247 sports article below about how the west could produce the BIG champion this year. Honestly, it would not surprise me. Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin are all very intriguing and I can't wait to see them. Purdue, after that beating in their bowl game, i honestly think it's going to help them this year. A complete high from destroying my Buckeyes to a complete low from the Auburn beating. I think that's a good thing and a lot to learn from moving forward from both ends.

"Since the conference split into East and West divisions in 2014, a team from the East has won the Big Ten Championship Game each year. That makes sense with the more traditional powers being in that division. Wisconsin has come close to winning the conference title game a couple of times, but it hasn’t been able to finish the job. With Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan losing some key pieces, that may open the door for a team out of the West to win the Big Ten Championship for the first time ever."

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Bi...130596530/
04-02-2019 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cubucks Offline
All American

RE: BIG Spring football and 2019
Purdue- I'm liking some of there defensive lineman and they have some nice looking tight ends too.

Always hard to get a true evaluation in spring games but the energy looks really good.
04-06-2019 12:51 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

*their
04-06-2019 01:07 PM
Advertisement

cubucks Offline
All American

Ohio State-
Love the running backs and the secondary.
Not sure about linebacker yet!?!

Qb play not concerned either. I think it will be there in a couple months.

Spring game as always is hard to get a feel what's real. I would say though, receivers and running backs are stacked. Can't wait for the real season to start!
04-13-2019 12:42 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

Maryland has a ton of athletes!
04-28-2019 11:48 AM
Advertisement

cubucks Offline
All American

(04-28-2019 11:48 AM)cubucks Wrote:  Maryland has a ton of athletes!
Great looking athletes!
04-28-2019 11:48 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

I need some football in my life. Let's talk a little recruiting.

Iowa and Northwestern both having nice 2020 classes so far.
Can you imagine how good these 2 could be with the way they can develop talent?

North Carolina looking good with their class right now too. Mack Brown is pulling in a nice class.

How about Michigan the past week? Some really good players have committed over the past week. Link below.

7th commit in 4 days boosts U-M's class ranking https://es.pn/2FC2GQ1
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app
06-30-2019 03:07 PM
Advertisement

Transic_nyc Offline
1st String

I Root For: Return To Stability
Does Minnesota have a serious case for winning the Big Ten West?
07-01-2019 11:25 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
(07-01-2019 11:25 PM)Transic_nyc Wrote:  Does Minnesota have a serious case for winning the Big Ten West?

I think just about the entire division has a serious case. Sorry Illinois but you should be better as Lovie gets more of his recruits, the team learns his system, etc. but he may need to start showing some tangible results sooner rather than later.

As for the rest, you could make a case for just about anyone:
Wisconsin would be my favorite and they are always in the mix. They won it the prior three years (or so) before last year.
Purdue kept their coach and he should be making more progress. Minnesota is in the same boat (pun intended) with a newish coach who is looking to breakout in his third season.
Northwestern won the division last year and Iowa always creeps up on you (seems like they are due for the division crown, right?)
Lastly, there is the media darlings, Nebraska. You can't look at any preseason preview that doesn't expect big things for Scott Frost's second year. I still think it's a little early for big things from them but you never know.

As many say, the west really needs a national program to anchor the division. I think that's a little unfair to Wisconsin as they have generally held it down but haven't won the conference but they just haven't translated to a national brand.
07-02-2019 05:52 AM
Advertisement

cubucks Offline
All American

(07-02-2019 05:52 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  
(07-01-2019 11:25 PM)Transic_nyc Wrote:  Does Minnesota have a serious case for winning the Big Ten West?

I think just about the entire division has a serious case. Sorry Illinois but you should be better as Lovie gets more of his recruits, the team learns his system, etc. but he may need to start showing some tangible results sooner rather than later.

As for the rest, you could make a case for just about anyone:
Wisconsin would be my favorite and they are always in the mix. They won it the prior three years (or so) before last year.
Purdue kept their coach and he should be making more progress. Minnesota is in the same boat (pun intended) with a newish coach who is looking to breakout in his third season.
Northwestern won the division last year and Iowa always creeps up on you (seems like they are due for the division crown, right?)
Lastly, there is the media darlings, Nebraska. You can't look at any preseason preview that doesn't expect big things for Scott Frost's second year. I still think it's a little early for big things from them but you never know.

As many say, the west really needs a national program to anchor the division. I think that's a little unfair to Wisconsin as they have generally held it down but haven't won the conference but they just haven't translated to a national brand.
Agree, if I had to pick a team, I'm going with Iowa right now.
07-02-2019 09:44 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

Frost gets 2 year contract extension.

Nebraska gives Scott Frost 2-year extension through 2026
https://a.foxs.pt/HMgjb3FqF1
11-16-2019 11:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.