Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Alan Krueger, adviser to Pres Clinton and Obama found dead of a suicide at age 58
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
Alan Krueger, adviser to Pres Clinton and Obama found dead of a suicide at age 58
https://conservativefighters.org/news/al...ife-at-58/

Quote:Alan Krueger, top economic adviser to President Bill Clinton and President Barack Obama, has died at the age of 58.

Krueger was found dead on Saturday at his home in Princeton, New Jersey. His family said in a statement released by Princeton University, where he taught since 1987, that the cause of death was suicide.

“It is with tremendous sadness we share that Professor Alan B. Krueger, beloved husband, father, son, brother, and Princeton professor of economics, took his own life over the weekend.

“The family requests the time and space to grieve and remember him. In lieu of flowers, we encourage those wishing to honor Alan to make a contribution to the charity of their choice.”

Princeton had not provided a cause of death. The university said in its statement: “In addition to his scholarship, Alan’s life exemplified a commitment to public service. He was married with two children.

Krueger was the chief economist for the U.S. Department of Labor in 1994 and 1995 under Clinton and was an assistant secretary of the Treasury from 2009 to 2010 and the chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers from 2011 to 2013 under Obama.

A distinguished labor economist, Krueger was perhaps most famous for empirical research finding that increases in the minimum wage did not cause the large job losses that were expected. That original finding led to a broader reconsideration of the minimum wage within academic economists.

Most recently, Krueger had written a book on inequality, due in June, titled “Rockonomics: A Backstage Tour of What the Music Industry Can Teach Us about Economics and Life.”

In a statement, Obama called Krueger “a fundamentally good and decent man.”

“Alan was someone who was deeper than numbers on a screen and charts on a page,” Obama said. “He saw economic policy not as a matter of abstract theories, but as a way to make people’s lives better.”

Krueger received numerous awards, including the Kershaw Prize by the Association for Public Policy and Management in 1997 for distinguished contributions to public policy analysis by someone under the age of 40.

He is survived by his wife, Lisa, and two children.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019 09:52 AM by q5sys.)
03-22-2019 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
RE: lan Krueger, adviser to President Clinton and Obama found dead of a suicide at age 58
One more to add the Clinton list.
03-22-2019 06:31 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
lan Krueger, adviser to President Clinton and Obama found dead of a suicide at age 58
Two bullets to the head again?
03-22-2019 06:44 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: lan Krueger, adviser to President Clinton and Obama found dead of a suicide at age 58
[Image: giphy.gif]
03-22-2019 07:00 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
Bodies piling up like logs of wood.
Ds always argue that well the Clintons just know a lot of people and when you know a lot of people % wise some people just die.

How many people, who've died at a young age and of suspicious causes, do you know?
03-22-2019 08:11 PM
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Hilliary, I'm coming to get YOU.........

03-22-2019 08:59 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
Mach, you out there?
03-22-2019 09:02 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
lan Krueger, adviser to President Clinton and Obama found dead of a suicide at age 58
Mach has been MIA for awhile.

What is the count up to now, last I heard 38?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
03-23-2019 12:21 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Mach and RWT seem to have taken a break for some reason. Don't worry, MENSA and Schwag are still here along with a couple of others who like to present as rational individuals, but we know better. One can always tell because they wear their rationality very uncomfortably.
03-23-2019 05:53 AM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
If that is the case? Trump would have been bumped off a long time ago since he was closed to the Clintons.
03-23-2019 07:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Looks like another case to Alex Jones on...

While you’re at it, pick up some of his branded supply rations for the upcoming zombie apocalypse and also a few cans of his weight loss supplements.
03-23-2019 07:38 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(03-23-2019 07:14 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  If that is the case? Trump would have been bumped off a long time ago since he was closed to the Clintons.

What makes you think they didn't try? They've tried everything else.
03-23-2019 08:13 AM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
This thread would be more meaningful if the OP would have gotten the individual's name correct, and had taken the time to edit his post.

In 2017, Alan Krueger published alarming findings on the opioid crisis, suggesting that nearly half of all prime-age working men absent from the labor force took pain medication on a daily basis. Since the majority of his 81-page paper suggested that older workers were not happy and also were taking more and more opiods, my speculation is that he was taking opiods himself. And that was the cause of his suicide. I'm sure only his family and doctor know for sure, but I think my theory is a hell of a lot more plausible than everyone else's here.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019 06:53 PM by Fort Bend Owl.)
03-23-2019 06:53 PM
Advertisement

q5sys Offline
1st String

RE: Alan Krueger, adviser to Pres Clinton and Obama found dead of a suicide at age 58
(03-23-2019 06:53 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  This thread would be more meaningful if the OP would have gotten the individual's name correct, and had taken the time to edit his post.

In 2017, Alan Krueger published alarming findings on the opioid crisis, suggesting that nearly half of all prime-age working men absent from the labor force took pain medication on a daily basis. Since the majority of his 81-page paper suggested that older workers were not happy and also were taking more and more opiods, my speculation is that he was taking opiods himself. And that was the cause of his suicide. I'm sure only his family and doctor know for sure, but I think my theory is a hell of a lot more plausible than everyone else's here.

The title ended up getting the A cut off due to character limits. but if you actually READ the post it said Alan Krueger.

You're the first person to mention it. I didnt notice it until now. It's changed.

(03-22-2019 06:27 PM)q5sys Wrote:  https://conservativefighters.org/news/al...ife-at-58/
Alan Krueger, top economic adviser to President Bill Clinton and President Barack Obama, has died at the age of 58.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019 09:54 AM by q5sys.)
03-24-2019 09:53 AM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
RE: Alan Krueger, adviser to Pres Clinton and Obama found dead of a suicide at age 58
Thank you. I did read the first post. I thought it said Ian Krueger and not Lan Krueger. That's weird how the first letter of a title gets cut off - it seems like it should be the last letters instead.
03-24-2019 10:22 AM
450bench Online

I Root For: Memphis
Color me shocked...
03-24-2019 10:54 AM
q5sys Offline
1st String

(03-24-2019 10:22 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Thank you. I did read the first post. I thought it said Ian Krueger and not Lan Krueger. That's weird how the first letter of a title gets cut off - it seems like it should be the last letters instead.

I had to rework it a few times to get it to fit. I failed on a copy/paste.

Classic Lowercase L vs Uppercase I issue with modern fonts.
03-24-2019 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.