Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Virginia County Approves Amazon Incentives Despite Protests
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
Virginia County Approves Amazon Incentives Despite Protests
Quote:Virginia County Approves Amazon Incentives Despite Protests

ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — Protesters repeatedly shouted "shame" as a northern Virginia county board Saturday unanimously approved a $23 million incentives package for Amazon to build a new headquarters there.

The Arlington County Board's 5-0 vote came after hours of heated public testimony, news outlets reported.

Supporters said Amazon's plan to build a massive facility in Crystal City will lead to tens of thousands of good jobs and bring in hundreds of millions of dollars in tax revenue. Opponents, however, said the tech giant neither needs nor deserves public subsidies. They also said lower-income residents would be driven out by rising rents.

"This vote today is about racial justice," Danny Cendejas, a member of the La ColectiVA advocacy group, said, according to WRC-TV . "We have been talking to folks in communities of color, immigrant communities. We have been hearing consistently the concerns about gentrification."

The Washington Post reported that in response to concerns about increased rents, traffic congestion and school overcrowding, Board Chair Christian Dorsey said, "I am confident we can manage those impacts."

this could be the tipping point for SJWs.
03-17-2019 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Virginia County Approves Amazon Incentives Despite Protests
X, the ability of the dippos to out stupid the stupid is a never ending gift...

unfortunately, the worry is line 1b) will eventually win out...
03-17-2019 12:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.