Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Opinion Peggy Noonan fears a Chinese cultural revolution-in America
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Peggy Noonan fears a Chinese cultural revolution-in America
http://www.peggynoonan.com/get-ready-for...e-session/

Peggy Noonan (Reagan's speech writer and devout never Trumper) points out the parallels between Mao's cultural revolution and what is going on here.

"...Leaders of great liberal newspapers are in constant fear because so many of their readers—and writers—are more doctrinaire in their views, and angry. The struggle session is in the internal chatroom.

There’s a feeling in the air, isn’t there? We’re all noticing pieces of the story here and there, in this incident and that. But maybe it has an overall meaning. And maybe that meaning isn’t good.

I don’t know if we’re a crueler, more aggressive country than in the past. We’re certainly a louder one, and more anonymous in our cruelties.

And none of it portends good.

Am I wrong? If so, comment below. We can have a struggle session."
03-16-2019 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
Peggy Noonan fears a Chinese cultural revolution-in America
(03-16-2019 06:56 PM)bullet Wrote:  http://www.peggynoonan.com/get-ready-for...e-session/

Peggy Noonan (Reagan's speech writer and devout never Trumper) points out the parallels between Mao's cultural revolution and what is going on here.

"...Leaders of great liberal newspapers are in constant fear because so many of their readers—and writers—are more doctrinaire in their views, and angry. The struggle session is in the internal chatroom.

There’s a feeling in the air, isn’t there? We’re all noticing pieces of the story here and there, in this incident and that. But maybe it has an overall meaning. And maybe that meaning isn’t good.

I don’t know if we’re a crueler, more aggressive country than in the past. We’re certainly a louder one, and more anonymous in our cruelties.

IMHO, you are understating the situation, battle lines are being drawn.(figuratively at this time).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
03-16-2019 10:21 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Peggy Noonan fears a Chinese cultural revolution-in America
Peggy is spot on. A good article this nation is in deep trouble. Pray for Trump.
03-17-2019 09:45 AM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(03-17-2019 09:45 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Peggy is spot on. A good article this nation is in deep trouble. Pray for Trump.

Stop. The nation is fine and will be fine.
03-17-2019 10:06 AM
Advertisement

q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(03-17-2019 10:06 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  
(03-17-2019 09:45 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Peggy is spot on. A good article this nation is in deep trouble. Pray for Trump.

Stop. The nation is fine and will be fine.

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-17-2019 10:24 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(03-16-2019 06:56 PM)bullet Wrote:  http://www.peggynoonan.com/get-ready-for...e-session/

Comparing it to China and Mao clouds her point through a poor analogy the makes me respond

K. Keep me posted.
03-17-2019 10:32 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

It started when certain groups were afforded more rights under the law than others and the chants of accusations against anyone who opposed their agenda took on labels that reflected that a difference of opinion against said groups were also hate crimes.

With that the war on thought began in earnest, after smoldering in college classrooms controlled by professors who would permit only one world view.

When the legal system was turned into an instrument of coup d'etat against a newly elected president and courts were used to throw elections in multiple states by either allowing or discredited ballots, or disallowing valid ones, or under Obama where polling places had numbers of militants gathered outside in an effort of discouraging voters who didn't fit their demographic, the war was underway.

This isn't some array of silly misdeed by the over zealous, it is an orchestrated plan that is being implemented against the electoral process, augmented by the judiciary.

Toss into the mix the myriad surveillance capabilities of the law enforcement agencies and realize their partisan hand in this last election and the mental images youth chanting their accusations while waiving Mao's little red book are eerily appropriate for the discerning and aware mind.

The enemy is among us, and has been hiding ignored within bureaucracy where it has grown more powerful, and now curtailing them or defeating them will be a time consuming and tedious process that could last several generations.

But the battle will be lost if we do not first intentionally, and with decided action, take back the classrooms where a foundation of lies has been carefully laid down so that new generations will never know the real foundation upon which their freedoms were grounded.

And make no mistake, as it was in Germany, when out of chaos came Hitler, the real power is not in any man, but in the corporate entities that back them. Until corporate America has limitations placed upon them they will continue to push for a new world view in which their counterfeit ideologies replace our constitutional rights.

The swamp is hard to drain because they fund both sides in the swamp. They control candidates at the state level with their funding by which they merely outspend the opposition. The own the networks which set the rules for debates and use their time before the American people each night to drive one vision of the country only into their heads by excluding coverage of all others.

It is the most dangerous time in this nation's history for those who love their freedom.

And the election law changes that occurred under H.W. only hastened this when Republicans and Democrats were grandfathered into ballot requirements and independents were relegated to having to qualify in each of the 50 states, rather than nationally.

The erosion of process rules and restrictions, of campaign finance laws, and of the freedom of the press (not by access, but by ownership of) have been slowly being accomplished by the enemies of freedom since the end of WWII and Ike warned us. We just didn't listen.

What we call the left are merely the ground troops unwittingly doing the bidding of corporate America, but backed by corporate networks, corporate PC, and all in the name of globalism.

The intentional obstruction of the will of the British people with regard to Brexit and the obvious witch hunt of Trump are just two examples of one group's world view and both are two fronts of the same war.
03-17-2019 10:49 AM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
The WSJ published this article. It's an outstanding read from start to finish.
03-17-2019 03:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.