Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Court files reveal role of McCain, aide in spreading anti-Trump dossier
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:Newly unsealed court filings show the office of the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., shared with the FBI and a host of media outlets the unverified dossier that alleged the Russians had compromising information on now-President Trump.

McCain had denied being the source for BuzzFeed after it published the dossier, which was funded by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, but had acknowledged giving it to the FBI.

In a newly unsealed declaration from September, former senior counterintelligence FBI agent Bill Priestap confirmed that the FBI received a copy of the first 33 pages of the dossier in December 2016 from McCain.

In another filing, David Kramer -- a former State Department official and McCain associate -- said in a Dec. 13, 2017, deposition that the dossier was given to him by author and former British spy Christopher Steele, which he then provided to more than a dozen journalists at outlets including CNN, BuzzFeed and The Washington Post. The details were first reported by The Daily Caller.

The report was also shared with State Department official Victoria Nuland, Obama National Security Council official Celeste Wallander and Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill.

The filings were unsealed as part of an ongoing libel case against BuzzFeed by a Russian businessman.

In his deposition, Kramer said that McCain gave a copy of the dossier to then-FBI Director James Comey on Dec. 9. Kramer told investigators that it was the sense from Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson that “having Senator McCain provide it to the FBI would give it a little more oomph than it had had up until that point.”

“I think they felt a senior Republican was better to be the recipient of this rather than a Democrat because if it were a Democrat, I think that the view was that it would have been dismissed as a political attack,” he said.

Kramer also described how BuzzFeed News reporter Ken Bensinger came to get hold of the dossier, before the outlet became the first to publish it in its entirety.

He said that he showed Bensinger the dossier in December at the McCain Institute, but did not allow him to take pictures of it. But Kramer said he left Bensinger alone to read the memos and, in that time, Bensinger took photos of the dossier.

Kramer said he panicked when he saw that BuzzFeed News had published the document in its entirety online on Jan. 10, and immediately sought to have it taken down.

“I called Mr. Bensinger, and my first words out of my mouth were ‘you are gonna get people killed,’” he said.

Link
03-15-2019 04:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
RE: Court files reveal role of McCain, aide in spreading anti-Trump dossier
No surprise here.
03-16-2019 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RIH
03-16-2019 09:50 AM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
I’ll speak about the dead; he was a POS.
03-16-2019 12:08 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-16-2019 12:08 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  I’ll speak about the dead; he was a POS.

was as Benedict as they come....
03-16-2019 12:25 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
If the democrats ever had a whore they could count on, McCain was it.
03-16-2019 01:06 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-16-2019 01:06 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  If the democrats ever had a whore they could count on, McCain was it.

it too (sad) funny how the dippos think the ®'s controlled the senate when DJT was legally elected...

FLAKE MCCAIN DIPPOS

I have no clue why I hate politicians...
03-16-2019 01:17 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
[Image: 424x0p4f9pm21.jpg]
03-17-2019 06:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
This story isn't new, but I do enjoy your new fake outrage. This is something you have known about for two years now. Keep saying it's fake, but the FBI doesn't spend this much time on something that is fake. Keep repeating your lies like trump. Nobody believe's you anymore. The president who cried wolf.

The best part about this board, is watching the trumpbots ignore stories, or pretend that they don't exist. You post about fake stories 24/7, but ignore what you call fake news and wonder why you always end up looking foolish. Keep putting party over country and you will continue to look foolish. 05-stirthepot
03-17-2019 07:02 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I don't know John McCain, met him once briefly, on the tarmac when he was flown back with other POWs. I had an E-6 working for me who had worked for McCain's dad, and he set that up. That was very brief, not enough to form any impression, except that he looked like he had had the crap beaten out of him--just like all the rest looked.

He was Hambone's father's roommate at Annapolis, and both Hambone and his father say good things about him.

I have a distant cousin who was his squadron commander when he was shot down. My cousin does not say good things about McCain. But my cousin was something of a renegade who threw out the book when in is opinion that was not the proper way to fly the mission, and I get the impression that McCain was the kind who would say, "Well, my daddy is an admiral, and he would say we'd better do it by the book." To which my cousin would reply something like, "Well, we can do it by the book or we can come home alive. Which do you prefer?" The other pilots in the squadron swore by my cousin, as if he were some kind of guru who would get them out alive from anywhere. I can see a pattern for possible conflict. I do know that the squadron did not invite McCain to reunions. This was all told to me by mother (the relationship is on her side), and she voted for Obama, so you can make of that what you will. I'm pretty sure my cousin voted for McCain.
03-17-2019 07:56 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(03-17-2019 07:56 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I don't know John McCain, met him once briefly, on the tarmac when he was flown back with other POWs. I had an E-6 working for me who had worked for McCain's dad, and he set that up. That was very brief, not enough to form any impression, except that he looked like he had had the crap beaten out of him--just like all the rest looked.

He was Hambone's father's roommate at Annapolis, and both Hambone and his father say good things about him.

I have a distant cousin who was his squadron commander when he was shot down. My cousin does not say good things about McCain. But my cousin was something of a renegade who threw out the book when in is opinion that was not the proper way to fly the mission, and I get the impression that McCain was the kind who would say, "Well, my daddy is an admiral, and he would say we'd better do it by the book." To which my cousin would reply something like, "Well, we can do it by the book or we can come home alive. Which do you prefer?" The other pilots in the squadron swore by my cousin, as if he were some kind of guru who would get them out alive from anywhere. I can see a pattern for possible conflict. I do know that the squadron did not invite McCain to reunions. This was all told to me by mother (the relationship is on her side), and she voted for Obama, so you can make of that what you will. I'm pretty sure my cousin voted for McCain.

The lefts view of him in 2008

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/po...ck-202004/

Today, its how dare the orange man speak ill of the dead.

M cCain was butt hurt and tried to damage a duly elected President at every turn out of spite. It is what it is.

Its all ridiculous
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2019 11:21 PM by shere khan.)
03-17-2019 11:19 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-17-2019 11:19 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(03-17-2019 07:56 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I don't know John McCain, met him once briefly, on the tarmac when he was flown back with other POWs. I had an E-6 working for me who had worked for McCain's dad, and he set that up. That was very brief, not enough to form any impression, except that he looked like he had had the crap beaten out of him--just like all the rest looked.

The lefts view of him in 2008

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/po...ck-202004/

Today, its how dare the orange man speak ill of the dead.

M cCain was butt hurt and tried to damage a duly elected President at every turn out of spite. It is what it is.

Its all ridiculous

McCain was a bitter unforgiving man. He was trying to get back at Trump for his comment about McCain being a POW. McCain was the same way with the Bushes for having beat him in the primaries.
03-18-2019 08:17 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I dont speak ill of the dead

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
03-18-2019 06:20 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://outline.com/nrRYrE

WSJ not very complimentary of McCain either.

"...“I think it’s a very strong issue,” McCain told POLITICO about his focus on Obamacare.
It turned out to be strong enough to get him re-elected, but not strong enough to make him keep his promise.

As long as Americans remember the bravery of our military, they will recall the courage of John McCain during his captivity in the infamous “Hanoi Hilton” prison operated by the communist government of North Vietnam.

But Americans should also recognize that Mr. McCain’s role in promoting unverified conspiracy theories generated by the President’s political opponents was not the late senator’s finest hour. And neither was his breaking of a signature campaign pledge...."
03-19-2019 10:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.