Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

O/T Happy for CMU and UB
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
O/T Happy for CMU and UB
They are playing a DH in CLE today for their WBB and MBB teams.

Great for the schools, fans, band and pep squad, etc. etc. A 'day night' DH.

CMU's #1 rival today isn't the Broncos but the Bulls.

Good crowd in CLE for the 1st women's game.

(I believe the way the MAC does it: The two highest seeds in the two WBB and MBB games get fan tickets behind the player benches. So CMU fans has one home bench side. Ohio fans gets the other home bench side for the 2nd game)
03-15-2019 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: O/T Happy for CMU and UB
CMU is doing Michigan MAC proud vs Buffalo! Keno March Madness! Entertaining game no matter what happens. So fun watching good coaching.
03-15-2019 06:50 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(03-15-2019 06:50 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  CMU is doing Michigan MAC proud vs Buffalo! Keno March Madness! Entertaining game no matter what happens. So fun watching good coaching.

Keno STILL BELOW .500 in the MAC throughout his career. Not as good as Murphy but Rob has to go! Keno is great! What am I missing here?
03-15-2019 07:28 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
Glad to see Central's men and women bite the dust. Made my day.
03-15-2019 07:44 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

"Good coach" Keno has a losing record against Murphy. And against the MAC as a whole.
03-15-2019 07:53 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

(03-15-2019 07:44 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
Glad to see Central's men and women bite the dust. Made my day.

I rooted for Central. I want a 2-bid conferene.

MAC women could even be a 3-bid conference.

For all the mindless posts, WBB might be the MAC's best sport.
03-15-2019 07:55 PM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

Did not catch the game, but the final score does sound like an impressive performance for CMU to come that close to invincible Buffalo. I am hoping N Illinois gets another upset tonight. It would be good to see the traditionally most hapless team in MAC men’s basketball at least get to the finals.
03-15-2019 08:14 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(03-15-2019 07:28 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(03-15-2019 06:50 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  CMU is doing Michigan MAC proud vs Buffalo! Keno March Madness! Entertaining game no matter what happens. So fun watching good coaching.

Keno STILL BELOW .500 in the MAC throughout his career. Not as good as Murphy but Rob has to go! Keno is great! What am I missing here?
Was National Coach of the Year at Drake. Won 21 games this year and his coaching was outstanding tonight against a much more talented Buffalo team. All these jealous fans boo-hooing because our team and coach SUCK. It's like a middle school kid's perspective on sports and life.
03-15-2019 09:21 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

(03-15-2019 09:21 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Was National Coach of the Year at Drake. Won 21 games this year and his coaching was outstanding tonight against a much more talented Buffalo team. All these jealous fans boo-hooing because our team and coach SUCK. It's like a middle school kid's perspective on sports and life.

Sorry, but I prefer the UB coach.... :)
03-15-2019 10:02 PM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

O/T Happy for CMU and UB

Shut up Bob, you have always loved Keno for no reason. Records speak for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-16-2019 12:56 AM
Mike1989 Offline
Water Engineer

I think Keno enjoys coaching-not just a job, he respects and treats his players with respect, his team respects him , positive body language when under pressure during the game, and he has a better personality.

Maybe coaches years ago could treat their team more harshly, but this generation does not respond to that type of coaching as well.

Murphy has poor language control during games, yelling and embarrassing them in front of fans, negative body language when under pressure. When you see him and other team coach on sidelines or TV, he is tough to watch, and other coach seems to handle situation better. (Except Toledo coach, he always an a-hole).

So Keno maybe under 500 overall so far, but he only has upwards direction to go. If Central will stay with him , I think they, Buffalo and possibly BGSU will continue to do very well.

Murphy is on a downward spiral, that will not get better. He's lost respect of team, fans, parents of the bench players, and other MAC coaches. He would not go through the years of selling Cheetos, etc., that Oates did to get to where he is today. Murphy has no coat tails to ride on. He should be a scout, and leave coaching altogether.
03-16-2019 06:14 AM
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Mike1989,
Coach Keno has been around as much as Coach Murphy. He has not accomplished anything to get excited about. Just because they play one good game against Buffalo and still lost means nothing. If, that were going to be the case for charging forward, then Northern Illinois will be the team on the rise because they defeated Buffalo.
Coach Keno plays a very weak out of conference schedule, recruits only three point shooters, and so his team wins or loses if his three point shooters do well. So, I have to disagree with you when it comes to Keno and Central.
03-16-2019 07:56 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(03-16-2019 07:56 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Mike1989,
Coach Keno has been around as much as Coach Murphy. He has not accomplished anything to get excited about. Just because they play one good game against Buffalo and still lost means nothing. If, that were going to be the case for charging forward, then Northern Illinois will be the team on the rise because they defeated Buffalo.
Coach Keno plays a very weak out of conference schedule, recruits only three point shooters, and so his team wins or loses if his three point shooters do well. So, I have to disagree with you when it comes to Keno and Central.

Lot of truth to your post. I don't understand Bob's posts at all (surprised???).

I see Keno as an average MAC coach. He made it to the semis and lost a tough game; we made it to the semis and lost a tough game last year.

They were 10 - 8 in the MAC this year; we 9 - 9.

They played one real tough OOC team, TCU and lost by 27.

We played a lot of top 100 (Sagarin) teams: Duke, Rutgers, TCU, Northeastern, and Kansas. UB and TOL twice each within conference. CMU played UB once.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...-chippewas

Here is Keno's record at CMU. Minus 20 in the MAC. Even tossing out say his first year, he is still in the red.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keno_Davis
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019 08:24 AM by emu steve.)
03-16-2019 08:11 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(03-15-2019 10:02 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

Sorry, but I prefer the UB coach.... :)
I prefer the UB players.
03-16-2019 08:36 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(03-16-2019 06:14 AM)Mike1989 Wrote:  

I think Keno enjoys coaching-not just a job, he respects and treats his players with respect, his team respects him , positive body language when under pressure during the game, and he has a better personality.

Maybe coaches years ago could treat their team more harshly, but this generation does not respond to that type of coaching as well.

Murphy has poor language control during games, yelling and embarrassing them in front of fans, negative body language when under pressure. When you see him and other team coach on sidelines or TV, he is tough to watch, and other coach seems to handle situation better. (Except Toledo coach, he always an a-hole).

So Keno maybe under 500 overall so far, but he only has upwards direction to go. If Central will stay with him , I think they, Buffalo and possibly BGSU will continue to do very well.

Murphy is on a downward spiral, that will not get better. He's lost respect of team, fans, parents of the bench players, and other MAC coaches. He would not go through the years of selling Cheetos, etc., that Oates did to get to where he is today. Murphy has no coat tails to ride on. He should be a scout, and leave coaching altogether.
Mike, outstanding post. The board is better with your unbiased opinions. Thanks for that!
03-16-2019 08:38 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Ken, your personal ax to grind against CMU and WMU (but mostly CMU) colors every single opinion you have about them. You have to be able to separate your personal biases from your opinions, otherwise you just come off as jealous. If you truly believe in EMU, there would be no reason to be jealous.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019 08:44 AM by Bob Wickersham.)
03-16-2019 08:42 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

(03-16-2019 08:42 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
Ken, your personal ax to grind against CMU and WMU (but mostly CMU) colors every single opinion you have about them. You have to be able to separate your personal biases from your opinions, otherwise you just come off as jealous. If you truly believe in EMU, there would be no reason to be jealous.

Ken and I made the same points (I even supplied reference sources).

Bob, pls. look at the Wikipedia page for Keno and tell me how he has been a wunder coach at CMU.

He had one good year (12 - 6) and a decent year (2018-9) and the rest were averagish or below average.

Keno has been up and down at CMU. Up slightly this year. Down previously.

Rumor has it that on the CMU board last year that were praising Murphy and calling for Keno's scalp. 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

And this year the opposite is happening...
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019 08:55 AM by emu steve.)
03-16-2019 08:54 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

If there is ANY data (or datum) that Keno might be better than an ordinary coach it was in 2008 when he apparently took over for Dr. Tom Davis and won big and then the team went down after he left after that year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dr...ll_seasons
03-16-2019 09:04 AM
Mike1989 Offline
Water Engineer

(03-16-2019 08:54 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(03-16-2019 08:42 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Ken and I made the same points (I even supplied reference sources).

Bob, pls. look at the Wikipedia page for Keno and tell me how he has been a wunder coach at CMU.

He had one good year (12 - 6) and a decent year (2018-9) and the rest were averagish or below average.

Keno has been up and down at CMU. Up slightly this year. Down previously.

Rumor has it that on the CMU board last year that were praising Murphy and calling for Keno's scalp. 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

And this year the opposite is happening...
I'm not trying to say he's an awesome coach, just that he seems to have a more positive overall approach to coaching. He seems to actually enjoy his job, the team seems able to approach him without hesitation. I just think his overall personality might allow his team to play without fear of being benched after one mistake.

I think that may be a difference in the overall direction of his team and Murphy's. Maybe CMU can get better than they are with his approach, than Murphy's team and his style of coaching. It may not, just a theory.

Not that it is a weakness, but this newer generation doesn't seem to grow with the same style as previous older ones. I tune people out when they're yelling, harsh, etc. I think Groce might tune Murphy out.
03-16-2019 09:36 AM
broncojohnny Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Without the transfer from Vanderbilt, Larry Austin, or his juco transfer, Shawn Roundtree this would have been a sub 500 team..Both of these young men will be gone next year, where does the 2019 team get it's points????
They also don't have a starter over 6'7", which is a huge liability.....
Not a big fan of Davis..I'd almost rather stick with Hawkins, said while biting my lip
03-16-2019 09:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.