Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News The latest from the anti-Semitic left
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
The latest from the anti-Semitic left
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cn...ockroaches

Quote:During a discussion about the new book, "Kushner, Inc.," Tapper and his panel discussed whether or not President Trump would ever kick his daughter and son-in-law to the curb and questioned how the couple has kept their gig while the White House faces frequent turnover.

“Of course they survived. I mean, cockroaches are going to survive a nuclear war,” Begala said.

The panel’s token Trump supporter, Dave Urban, shook his head in disgust upon hearing the derogatory remark.

Tapper quickly asked, “You’re not calling Ivanka and Jared cockroaches?”

The CNN commentator said, “No, no I’m talking about a separate class of species.”

CNN did not immediately respond when asked if Begala will be disciplined or apologize.

Quote:Last month, CNN was accused of using the Omar rhetoric as the impetus to attack Trump and other Republicans, prompting Cornell Law School professor William A. Jacobson to tell Fox News that it’s time for CNN to acknowledge it has a far-left, anti-Trump agenda.

Meanwhile, the “cockroaches” comment reminds critics of other hateful rhetoric used to target Jewish people.

“Considering the wide debate about anti-Semitism on the left and in America more broadly, Begala’s comments could be taken by some as anti-Semitic since Kushner is Jewish and Ivanka converted to Judaism,” Media Research Center contributor Ryan Foley wrote. “Begala’s comparison of the Jewish Kushners to insects closely mirrors the rhetoric of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who denied that he was anti-Semitic; instead arguing that he was ‘anti-termite.’”

CNN pundits recently expressed outrage when President Trump referred to MS-13 gang members as “animals,” but the “cockroaches” comment about members of the president’s family has received little attention from the network’s media watchdogs.
03-14-2019 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JerryJeff Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: The latest from the anti-Semitic left
This is what everybody is always accusing the left of. Just looking for something to be offended by.
03-14-2019 02:34 PM
Kaplony Offline

(03-14-2019 02:34 PM)JerryJeff Wrote:  This is what everybody is always accusing the left of. Just looking for something to be offended by.

If this comment were made in a vacuum maybe, but with the repeated examples of anti-Semitic comments coming from the left these days I disagree.

Not to mention the absolute hypocrisy displayed by the left. They condemned the President for calling members of a criminal gang known for their brutal murders animals and not a peep about calling two people cockroaches simply because they belong to a different political party.
03-14-2019 03:27 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
How in the holy **** does them being Jewish have any bearing on them being called cockroaches?

He called them that because not matter what happens or what they do in this administration, they will always be there because they're trump family. Exhibit A why you don't hire your kids and relatives for such positions!

Good grief are you looking for anything to be outraged by! 01-wingedeagle
03-14-2019 03:35 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-14-2019 03:27 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(03-14-2019 02:34 PM)JerryJeff Wrote:  This is what everybody is always accusing the left of. Just looking for something to be offended by.

If this comment were made in a vacuum maybe, but with the repeated examples of anti-Semitic comments coming from the left these days I disagree.

Not to mention the absolute hypocrisy displayed by the left. They condemned the President for calling members of a criminal gang known for their brutal murders animals and not a peep about calling two people cockroaches simply because they belong to a different political party.

And they probably are Democrats.
03-14-2019 03:36 PM
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-14-2019 03:35 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  How in the holy **** does them being Jewish have any bearing on them being called cockroaches?

He called them that because not matter what happens or what they do in this administration, they will always be there because they're trump family. Exhibit A why you don't hire your kids and relatives for such positions!

The same way saying one of the Williams sisters is using "guerilla" tactics while playing tennis. Which is an actual way of playing tennis. See how it works?
03-14-2019 03:54 PM
Kaplony Offline

(03-14-2019 03:54 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  
(03-14-2019 03:35 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  How in the holy **** does them being Jewish have any bearing on them being called cockroaches?

The same way saying one of the Williams sisters is using "guerilla" tactics while playing tennis. Which is an actual way of playing tennis. See how it works?

Now, now.....the leftists hate it when you hold them to the same standards they hold you to.
03-14-2019 04:02 PM
Advertisement

appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.

You never fail to entertain.
03-14-2019 04:18 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Begala is a useless p.o.s. Always has been.
03-14-2019 04:26 PM
Advertisement

dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Meh, this one is a nothing burger to me. Everyone knows the saying about cockroaches being able to survive a nuclear blast.
03-14-2019 04:28 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(03-14-2019 03:54 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  

And I complained about that where exactly?
03-18-2019 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.