Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which bye team most likely loses tommorow?
Bookmark and Share
HERDDDDD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: HERD
Among the rested 4, Who’s the most likely to take the L tommorow? Discuss
03-13-2019 11:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
RE: Which bye team most likely loses tommorow?
Marshall is kinda hot right now. If Southern Miss starts slow after the extra rest, they could be in big trouble. UNT also appears to be getting healthy. I dont know if that's enough to beat Western, but it wont be a typical 10/2 matchup.
03-13-2019 11:41 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
To be perfectly honest, I'm wouldn't be terribly surprised to see any of the lower seeds win tomorrow. I think La Tech is one of the teams ODU doesn't want to see out of the gate, UAB has current scoreboard on UTSA, a hot North Texas team is ripe to get a somewhat meandering WKU team, and Southern Miss vs. Marshall is a game that I think may very well be the de facto championship game of the tournament.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019 11:50 PM by CoachMaclid.)
03-13-2019 11:49 PM
HERDDDDD Offline
Special Teams

(03-13-2019 11:41 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  Marshall is kinda hot right now. If Southern Miss starts slow after the extra rest, they could be in big trouble. UNT also appears to be getting healthy. I dont know if that's enough to beat Western, but it wont be a typical 10/2 matchup.

These are the two I was torn between also. I think WKU is in the most jeopardy due to their inconsistency, Marshall looked good but USM has been great here lately.
03-13-2019 11:52 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
I’ll go ahead and say we go out. I certainly don’t want to. We could win. But this team has not shown me anything to ever feel like our next game is a win. A lot depends on if UNT coach learned anything from Middle and UTSA and USM which means to 2-3 zone us from the tip. Do that and you beat Western. (Middle didn’t actually win but it kept it very close most of the way)

We play late so one of the others could take it on the chin before us. God knows Jeff Jones could Jeff Jones it tomorrow but I think them facing La Tech instead of FAU is a big help for them.

I’m pretty confident we have the best shot at it.
03-13-2019 11:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HERDDDDD Offline
Special Teams

(03-13-2019 11:53 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  I’ll go ahead and say we go out. I certainly don’t want to. We could win. But this team has not shown me anything to ever feel like our next game is a win. A lot depends on if UNT coach learned anything from Middle and UTSA and USM which means to 2-3 zone us from the tip. Do that and you beat Western. (Middle didn’t actually win but it kept it very close most of the way)

We play late so one of the others could take it on the chin before us. God knows Jeff Jones could Jeff Jones it tomorrow but I think them facing La Tech instead of FAU is a big help for them.

I’m pretty confident we have the best shot at it.

Agreed
03-13-2019 11:54 PM
Advertisement

goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
I think UTSA will lose first. That being said, I also believe that USM doesn't know whats about to hit them. They played us once and may come in thinking we beat these guys by 50, and dig a hole because this ain't the same team they faced then. But then again, maybe that wasn't just fatigue and we get hammered. I do know that Elmore is just one of those guys when the lights are then brightest, he plays his best, and if he continues to play like Tournament Elmore, no one is going to stop us, especially if Burks and the other guys do their part.

This is exciting times. I love tournament time.
03-14-2019 12:40 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
I think we should just cxl the rest of the tournament and send Marshall to the NCAAs. Clearly, they are the best team in the country. Head and shoulders above the rest of the conference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
03-14-2019 05:39 AM
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-14-2019 05:39 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  I think we should just cxl the rest of the tournament and send Marshall to the NCAAs. Clearly, they are the best team in the country. Head and shoulders above the rest of the conference.

Glad you finally saw the light! Lol!

Why even go there. You won the regular season. Obviously ODU is the favorite. Feeling jilted?

I don’t think our legs will allow us to play 4 complete games.
03-14-2019 05:53 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
We haven't played in a month, North Texas was hitting everything last night, they have 1k fans, our players could care less, we lose...If somehow we win tonight, I would have more confidence facing Marshall in semifinals then I do right now vs. North Texas.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019 07:14 AM by WKUFan518.)
03-14-2019 07:13 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I'm just happy Marshall is on the other side of the bracket. Elmore only needed to play 28 min last night. Rice didn't even put up a fight. USM is also the hottest team in the conference entering the tournament, so needless to say I think that's the game of the night.

I watched La Tech vs FAU unsure of who to root for. Both teams gave us trouble in the regular season. Looks like LT brought a good crowd, as expected. Crowd should be even better tonight. FAU certainly looked like the better team early, and I missed the 14-2 run or whatever it was that LT took to get closer. I was rooting for OT! So close too, I feel pretty bad for the FAU kid who just needed 2 free throws to get there.

To answer the question, I would feel most worried about us (am I allowed to reverse-jinx us?) but if I'm not to pick my own team, I would be concerned for UTSA or USM. I think WKU should handle UNT just fine. Remember, WKU players like to play in hostile environments :) and UNT just isn't that good. I think WKU is the safest out of the 4 tonight.
03-14-2019 07:34 AM
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I think WKY got the best draw for the 2nd round in North Texas so they are unlikely to lose.

The second worst team is LA Tech, but Bracey still keeps me up at night. The kid is a stud and always seems to play well vs. ODU.

USM probably got the worst draw having to face a Marshall team that got a warm up game. USM has been playing well, but I could see that going down to the wire.

UAB/UTSA are 2 pretty even teams so that will be a tough one for UTSA.

I would say USM is the most likely to lose just because they have the toughest matchup.
03-14-2019 07:37 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(03-14-2019 07:34 AM)odu09 Wrote:  To answer the question, I would feel most worried about us (am I allowed to reverse-jinx us?) but if I'm not to pick my own team, I would be concerned for UTSA or USM. I think WKU should handle UNT just fine. Remember, WKU players like to play in hostile environments :) and UNT just isn't that good. I think WKU is the safest out of the 4 tonight.

I agree. If we play like we did the last two games, LT will win. If we get back to our previous form then it should be a good game but I like our chances. Beyond that I would rank them from most likely to lose to least likely:

USM
UTSA
WKU

I like UAB but saw that Bryant was cramping up at the end of their game. Fresh legs might give UTSA the edge. Didn't see UNT play but they've not impressed me lately. Bassey should eat it up inside.
03-14-2019 07:42 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
If Nick Allen suits up tonight, I think it'll be close, but we'll pull off a win against UAB. He has missed our last couple games though with a bad (broken?) toe, and I'm not sure what his status is. If he's out again, I think UAB wins a close one.
03-14-2019 08:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if any or all of the lower seeds win honestly.
03-14-2019 08:18 AM
Herd6993 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marshall
I could see all of the lower seeds win, but since I said that top seeds will hold serve.

As to the topic:

1. UTSA- I think this is a pretty even match up and UAB has the inside edge especially if Allen is out.
2. USM- This should be a good game. Doc seems to know how to coach against Danny's system, but this is a revenge game for Marshall.
3. WKU- Talent against the home team. IF WKU shows up its a blow out, if not, hmmm.
4. ODU- This is a good match up for ODU.
03-14-2019 08:30 AM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(03-14-2019 05:53 AM)SVHerd Wrote:  
(03-14-2019 05:39 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  I think we should just cxl the rest of the tournament and send Marshall to the NCAAs. Clearly, they are the best team in the country. Head and shoulders above the rest of the conference.

Glad you finally saw the light! Lol!

Why even go there. You won the regular season. Obviously ODU is the favorite. Feeling jilted?

I don’t think our legs will allow us to play 4 complete games.

I take that back, we should absolutely finish out this tournament. The way I see it is with a complete tournament, Marshall has 9 games left this season. Figure Elmore or 50 per game and 450 more points, which would put him over 3,000 and in the top 10 of all time.
03-14-2019 08:32 AM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Won't surprise me one bit if Marshall beats us. I honestly think this game is a toss-up w/ the way Marshall has been playing lately (6 W's in a row) and the fact that those guys got embarrassed by us last time we met (101-51).
03-14-2019 08:38 AM
Herd-in-ATL Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marshall, UGA
These second round match-ups are some of the best that I can remember, in a longtime. Anyone of them can stand on their own as the marquee match-up of the day!

Well done conference mates! 04-cheers

Now if only we didn't have to use a Ouija board to try and find-out which media platform is carrying each rounds games.
03-14-2019 08:43 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(03-14-2019 08:43 AM)Herd-in-ATL Wrote:  These second round match-ups are some of the best that I can remember, in a longtime. Anyone of them can stand on their own as the marquee match-up of the day!

Well done conference mates! 04-cheers

Now if only we didn't have to use a Ouija board to try and find-out which media platform is carrying each rounds games.

Good news, the games today are free. Well done Judy! You just have to watch them huddled around a laptop or mobile device.
03-14-2019 08:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.