Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pollution from whites disproportionately affects blacks, Hispanics
BEARCATDALE Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Unequal air:

Quote:The air that Americans breathe isn't equal.

Blacks and Hispanics disproportionately breathe air that's been polluted by non-Hispanic whites, according to a study. This new research quantifies for the first time the racial gap between who causes air pollution – and who breathes it.

"Pollution is disproportionately caused by whites, but disproportionately inhaled by black and Hispanic minorities," the study said.

The science is settled?
03-11-2019 08:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Pollution from whites disproportionately affects blacks, Hispanics
Air pollution is racist 03-lmfao
03-11-2019 08:42 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
I thought I'd heard it all until this one....

oxygen just exited what's left of my brain....
03-11-2019 08:44 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(03-11-2019 08:36 PM)BEARCATDALE Wrote:  Unequal air:

Blacks and Hispanics disproportionately breathe air that's been polluted by non-Hispanic whites, according to a study. This new research quantifies for the first time the racial gap between who causes air pollution – and who breathes it.

"Pollution is disproportionately caused by whites, but disproportionately inhaled by black and Hispanic minorities," the study said.

The science is settled?

That's only because weed is legal now and burning it doesn't count as air pollution. And damn, what about all those folks of those two minorities that bypass the catalytic converters on their 70's and 80's cars, burn oil, and never replace the mufflers.

I say another government grant is needed here to verify the research and check all of the factors mentioned.
03-11-2019 09:52 PM
stinkfist Online

(03-11-2019 09:52 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

The science is settled?

That's only because weed is legal now and burning it doesn't count as air pollution. And damn, what about all those folks of those two minorities that bypass the catalytic converters on their 70's and 80's cars, burn oil, and never replace the mufflers.

I say another government grant is needed here to verify the research and check all of the factors mentioned.

I once had a '79 scrambler....the first thing I did after purchase was rip out every dayum sensor in the guy....

and don't be messin' with my hair and weed... 03-wink
03-11-2019 10:03 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
This is quite possibly the dumbest waste of time a scientist has ever undertaken.

Take color completely out of it and say "people who live in more rural areas deal with less pollution than those that live in large urban areas" because this is really what this study says. Did anyone need a scientific study to confirm that?
03-11-2019 10:07 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(03-11-2019 10:03 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

The science is settled?

I once had a '79 scrambler....the first thing I did after purchase was rip out every dayum sensor in the guy....

Had to get rid of an emission pump in a 76 CJ5. Lol. That old beast. Drove it through the Rockies adjusting the carb for altitude. Carbs, points and clutchs would MAGA
03-11-2019 10:11 PM
stinkfist Online

(03-11-2019 10:11 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

The science is settled?

Had to get rid of an emission pump in a 76 CJ5. Lol. That old beast. Drove it through the Rockies adjusting the carb for altitude. Carbs, points and clutchs would MAGA

the 256 straight 6 was a pos.....but it was a 100.00/monthly repair blast for a few years during the college days...
03-11-2019 10:28 PM
stinkfist Online

(03-11-2019 10:07 PM)banker Wrote:  This is quite possibly the dumbest waste of time a scientist has ever undertaken.

Take color completely out of it and say "people who live in more rural areas deal with less pollution than those that live in large urban areas" because this is really what this study says. Did anyone need a scientific study to confirm that?

XACLY!

the laureates are completely oblivious to 'quality'....

wtf could possibly go wrong when you toss millions in the gunga 'den' of inequity....
03-11-2019 10:30 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

The science is settled?

Yeah as long as the carburetor isn't on VW Beetle.
03-11-2019 10:43 PM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
[Image: NyO97td.jpg]
03-12-2019 12:17 AM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
So what's the motivation behind USA Today pushing this non-sense?
03-12-2019 06:15 AM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

The science is settled?

84 CJ7 Laredo.

Inline 6 and drove it til the tires fell off.

Lol, now that I think about it, almost literally. Had the rear axle (spider-gear.. wtf?) go out while in college, had to buy a new one and pick it up, deliver it myself on my 175 scooter. Quite the sight.

Thousand bucks. Set me back about 3 months. Made it back pulling people out of ditches and snowbanks over the winter.

Cold with only the soft top though.
03-12-2019 06:24 AM
stinkfist Online

(03-12-2019 06:24 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

The science is settled?

84 CJ7 Laredo.

Inline 6 and drove it til the tires fell off.

Lol, now that I think about it, almost literally. Had the rear axle (spider-gear.. wtf?) go out while in college, had to buy a new one and pick it up, deliver it myself on my 175 scooter. Quite the sight.

Thousand bucks. Set me back about 3 months. Made it back pulling people out of ditches and snowbanks over the winter.

Cold with only the soft top though.

mine was a hard top...that was one heavy pc. of fiber...

I also drove it until the driver side front was at a 45....sold it to a guy out in the shop on the spot...

ye ol' spindle gear and bearings were shattered...

that thing 100 dollared my arse to pu$$y heaven...was money well spent back then...
03-12-2019 06:32 AM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
We spent SOOO much good time mud bogging our way to trout streams and occasional coed skinny dipping holes, remote beaches in search of either waves or bluefish runs in the fall.
Ski trips when damn near no one else could go anywhere.

4 wheel in mid 80’s was rare.

Now? Every ditch wrecking idiot in the world has 4wd or AWD and thinks they can go 65 through a whiteout.

I just snicker and flip a finger when I see them nose first in the ditch standing there wondering Wha happin’d?
03-12-2019 06:40 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND

The science is settled?

Must be caused by all of us "white folks" driving to work every day.....
03-12-2019 06:42 AM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(03-12-2019 06:15 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  So what's the motivation behind USA Today pushing this non-sense?

It's "science" that supports their editorial narrative.
03-12-2019 06:59 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Sad white people are sad. SAD 05-stirthepot
03-12-2019 07:11 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Yet another episode of "Hence Trump".
03-12-2019 07:16 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

The science is settled?

Screw those points, I have a 1949 Ford 8N on which the points are constantly having to be fiddle farted with or replaced.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019 07:21 AM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
03-12-2019 07:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.