Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Parents withdraw 600 kids from Parkfield School over ‘LGBT' row
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Parents withdraw 600 kids from Parkfield School over ‘LGBT' row
Quote:Furious Muslim parents reportedly withdrew 600 children from Parkfield Community School today after claiming they were being 'brainwashed' over gay lifestyles.

The pupils were taken out of classes as the row surrounding LGBT lifestyles being taught openly in the classroom escalated.

Some reports suggest as many as 80 per cent of the children at Parkfield Community School in Saltley have been removed - around 600.

Kids have been withdrawn over the school's "undermining of parental rights and aggressively promoting homosexuality", according to Alum Rock Community Forum.

The forum adds: "Dialogue, petitioning and protests by parents have been repeated and arrogantly ignored.

"Our children, Our Choice - Work with parents not against them."

The school has sent out a letter to parents appealing with them to stop the weekly protests for fears it is disrupting and upsetting the children, teachers and families.

The No Outsiders programme was started by the school's gay assistant head teacher Andrew Moffat.

Mr Moffat MBE has been criticised by parents for piloting the programme, which is run alongside sex and relationship education (SRE) lessons.

Its ethos promotes LGBT equality and challenges homophobia in primary schools.

Books now being read by pupils at Parkfield Community School include Mommy, Mama and Me and King & King - stories about same-sex relationships and marriages.

But Mr Moffat and the No Outsiders programme have come under fire from some Muslim parents who condemn such teachings, as homosexuality is strictly forbidden in Islam.

Dad Abdul Ma, 46, told the Sun : “This is a brainwash.

"We bring our children here so they can later work as a solicitor or a teacher, not to be taught about being gay or a lesbian.”

Razina Mahmood, 40 added: “This is nothing but indoctrination of our children.

“You are using our children as an experiment.”

Amanda Spielman, chief inspector of Ofsted, previously explained how it is vital children know about "families that have two mummies or two daddies".

The Ofsted head has condemned the dozens of parents who have been picketing outside Parkfield Community School in Saltley in recent weeks against the No Outsiders programme - a curriculum started by its assistant head teacher Andrew Moffat.

Mr Moffat previously said he felt threatened by actions outside of the school gates, but vowed Parkfield "is the best school for me".

Mrs Spielman, in light of angry protests against teachings of same-sex couples, told the BBC : "It's making sure [children] know just enough to know that some people prefer not to get married to somebody of the opposite sex and that sometimes there are families that have two mummies or two daddies.

"It's about making sure that children who do happen to realise that they themselves may not fit a conventional pattern know that they're not bad, they're not ill.

"And, at the end of the day, it's something that the vast majority of faith schools, even those which clearly teach that homosexuality is not right in their faith, still manage to do in a sensitive and careful way that absolutely does fulfil the law and we report on that very regularly in our inspection reports.

"This is something where we've got to have sane, rational discussion to say, 'Are there places where it's not working well enough that we can find better ways?'

"But it's proper conversation that will change it, not protests."

She added: "The essence of democracy is we don't all get our way.

"The essence of democracy is that we accept majority decision which means there will always be things that some of us don't like.

Link
03-03-2019 06:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Parents withdraw 600 kids from Parkfield School over ‘LGBT' row
If 80% of your students withdraw I have a hard time relating that to majority rule in a democracy comment. When did they hold a vote to see if this should be taught in that school?
03-03-2019 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
This is in England.
03-03-2019 08:10 PM
Advertisement

q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
In the last thread about this school, here: https://csnbbs.com/thread-869283.html
Tom gave all his classic Anti-Christian comments.

Expect them here as well. You have been warned. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2019 09:26 PM by q5sys.)
03-03-2019 09:26 PM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
Be interesting to see where each of these "protected groups" end up on the PC totem pole.

Is the social justice meter more Pro Muslim or Pro LGBT?

Which side's supporters have more claim to being "woke"?

Fun & Entertaining!!!
03-04-2019 09:22 AM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(03-04-2019 09:22 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  Be interesting to see where each of these "protected groups" end up on the PC totem pole.

Is the social justice meter more Pro Muslim or Pro LGBT?

Which side's supporters have more claim to being "woke"?

Fun & Entertaining!!!

Will be very interesting. In the USA, both groups contain about 2%, but I think the gheys have a chance of winning because they have more money and lobbyist. In the UK, however,the mooslims definitely have more votes.
03-04-2019 09:38 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Rarely does somebody arguing in defense of democracy accidentally offer such a rebuttal of their own doctrine in the process.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2019 12:51 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
03-04-2019 12:51 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
This settles it.

03-05-2019 10:59 AM
UofMTigerTim Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-05-2019 10:59 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  This settles it.

That really does say it all.
03-05-2019 11:10 AM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(03-05-2019 11:10 AM)UofMTigerTim Wrote:  

That really does say it all...in England

fixed
03-05-2019 11:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Sorry LGBTQWXYZ folks. Muslims are higher on the leftist victim totem pole than you are so you'll just have to grin and bear it.
03-05-2019 11:46 AM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators

Kinda sure that's satire???
03-05-2019 02:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.