Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My takes on the CMU game
Bookmark and Share
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
My takes on the CMU game
Positives: Sanford back to being Sanford, excellent shooting. M.Jackson excellent floor game, running the point. Littleson coming off the bench and providing a spark. Edu and big Luke blocking shots. Luke's scoring

Negatives: should have gotten the ball into Luke more often against a smaller opponent. That inside shot was their all game. This is could have even easily been 28-30 point game for him.

Comments: Glad CMU guards Roundtree and Austin are graduating. They are two tough hombres. Didn't see much other talent from CMU. Keno has done an excellent job with this limited talented team.
03-03-2019 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: My takes on the CMU game
(03-03-2019 01:51 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  Positives: Sanford back to being Sanford, excellent shooting. M.Jackson excellent floor game, running the point. Littleson coming off the bench and providing a spark. Edu and big Luke blocking shots. Luke's scoring

Negatives: should have gotten the ball into Luke more often against a smaller opponent. That inside shot was their all game. This is could have even easily been 28-30 point game for him.

Comments: Glad CMU guards Roundtree and Austin are graduating. They are two tough hombres. Didn't see much other talent from CMU. Keno has done an excellent job with this limited talented team.

Except that he’s largely responsible for the talent limitations. Seems like CMU always has two quick little black-hole guards and three guys who try to rebound missed shots. Austin hurt them badly in Game 1 as he refused to find a shooter off penetration and got shot after shot swatted in the
first half. They look to be not so good next year.
03-03-2019 02:07 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Their fans hate the lack of recruiting Keno has done. Most think this season has been a pleasant surprise but if he continues not to recruit good high school talent that this year is smoke and mirrors.
03-03-2019 05:28 PM
Screwball Offline
All American

Playing in that place isn't a good sales pitch, IMO.

Should have dominated CMU, and for the most part, they did.

Western is bad, should win that one. EMU, not so sure. Still a bye to Cleveland.

Jay talked about being considered for an at large bid after the game.

Well, maybe, if.

Even if they win those two, and a couple in Cleveland, to face the other side of the bracket (Buffalo most likely), they go in at 27-6. Lose to Buffalo (can't beat them on their best day, sorry); do they get an at large? A case could be made, IMO

But that's four wins from now. Take care of business and see what happens.

No matter what happens; this has been a lot of fun. These guys are fun to watch.
03-03-2019 07:02 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(03-03-2019 07:02 PM)Screwball Wrote:  Playing in that place isn't a good sales pitch, IMO.

Western is bad, should win that one. EMU, not so sure. Still a bye to Cleveland.

Well, maybe, if.

Even if they win those two, and a couple in Cleveland, to face the other side of the bracket (Buffalo most likely), they go in at 27-6. Lose to Buffalo (can't beat them on their best day, sorry); do they get an at large? A case could be made, IMO

No matter what happens; this has been a lot of fun. These guys are fun to watch.

We'd be better off having BG beat them and get the 1 seed. Then knocking off UB in the semis... Then losing to BG. Being a case for a three bid league??? Basically we need a win over UB. We blew it at home. That was our shot. We blew it even more losing to EMU. Having 5 losses and three to UB would have been one heck of a story. 6 losses and three to UB meh. No meaty wins but UCI.
03-03-2019 08:18 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(03-03-2019 08:18 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(03-03-2019 07:02 PM)Screwball Wrote:  Playing in that place isn't a good sales pitch, IMO.

Well, maybe, if.

We'd be better off having BG beat them and get the 1 seed. Then knocking off UB in the semis... Then losing to BG. Being a case for a three bid league??? Basically we need a win over UB. We blew it at home. That was our shot. We blew it even more losing to EMU. Having 5 losses and three to UB would have been one heck of a story. 6 losses and three to UB meh. No meaty wins but UCI.

The 3 instantances where the Rockets had sizable leads and let the games slip away(UB, Kent, and Eastern) could have put UT at 26-3...
Win out in the regular season, then to the finals in Cleveland and lose to UB finishing 30-4, you would think that resume would give Toledo an at large bid...
What might have been !!!03-banghead
03-03-2019 08:32 PM
Screwball Offline
All American

No doubt. I think Toledo and Buffalo are the class of the MAC, and third might not even be close.

We were the better team on the floor in every game except 2, both of which, were against Buffalo. We puked the others away.

Win the games. Get to the MAC final, and another chance against Buffalo.

If you win, you're in. If not, we get an at-large bid, or get to complain how we got hosed.

I don't see the MAC getting two teams in "the dance" under any circumstances; I hope I am proven wrong.
03-03-2019 08:55 PM
Advertisement

Basketball Jones Online
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I think the only way Toledo gets in to the Big Dance is win the MAC Tournament. Their current "NET" Rating of 61 is not strong enough and not having any Quad 1 Wins will hurt their chances as well. They would pick up a Quad 1 Win if they beat Buffalo, but that would most likely be in the MAC Finals and they would get the Automatic Berth with the win. On the other hand, according to everything I've heard and read the past few weeks, Buffalo with a current "Net" Ranking of 14 is pretty much a lock to get an at large bid if they get upset in the MAC Tournament because of a very "soft" bubble this year.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2019 10:39 PM by Basketball Jones.)
03-03-2019 10:36 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

UB must lose either in the semi’s or finals for the MAC to get 2 teams. Next year I would like to see the Rockets play tough power 5 teams either at their place or in a holiday tourney. They use to do that against the likes of Kansas, X, UC, NW, OSU, Duke and others.
03-04-2019 01:23 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-03-2019 08:32 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  
(03-03-2019 08:18 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Well, maybe, if.

The 3 instantances where the Rockets had sizable leads and let the games slip away(UB, Kent, and Eastern) could have put UT at 26-3...
Win out in the regular season, then to the finals in Cleveland and lose to UB finishing 30-4, you would think that resume would give Toledo an at large bid...
What might have been !!!03-banghead

I believe I read that no 28 win team has ever been left out of the NCAAs. No one but ourselves to blame if we don’t get there. Again.
03-04-2019 04:49 PM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

That’s good to know, but I don’t trust the committee who goes and who doesn’ t
03-04-2019 05:57 PM
Screwball Offline
All American

You will see an Ohio State before a Toledo. They travel better. $$$$

Makes me wonder what this Toledo team would do in the Big 10.
03-04-2019 07:05 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Without Wesson? I think Toledo could handle OSU. I saw the ESPN wank had OSU in a 10 seed. This kind of proves we live in the B10 dimension. Even with Wesson, they're a 15-16 at best. Unless they win the B10 tournament, they do not belong in the NCAA's.
03-04-2019 07:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.