Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big Luke downward trend
Bookmark and Share
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Big Luke downward trend
I look at the last 10 MAC games to see Big Luke's stat sheet and the slide this ball player has taken.

Team FG 3 Pt TP RB PF

KSU (OT) 9-18 2-4 22 6 4
CMU 9-11 0-0 21 13 3
Miami 6-9 1-3 13 9 1

Now the big drop off:

NIU 3-5 1-2 7 5 4
Akron 4-8 1-4 9 6 2
BG 3-6 1-4 11 4 5
UB 5-8 1-1 11 8 4
EMU 1-5 0-2 2 4 5
NIU 3-6 0-1 7 13 2
BSU 3-6 0-1 6 4 5

He needs to get back in the flow of the game by shooting more, either low in blocks or a jump shot from 10-15 feet out. Wouldn't hurt to see him take at least 5 3 point FG attempts/game. Lost his desire to shoot the ball.
03-01-2019 11:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Big Luke downward trend
He needs to do what his coaches and teammates expect of him. That's the flow of the game. I think that's where any evaluation starts, with evidence that he's doing what is expected or not. Any evidence of that either way? Coach say anything about his maybe shooting more?

If he's all over the court as more mid-range and distance shooting would put him, then the complaint might become, not enough rebounds or some other sacrifice. If he's going undefended then I'd easily agree, his production is down. As long as he's drawing a defender then I'd suspect he's accomplishing what is expected and his positioning is putting that defender where OUR coaches want that defender. At the least it would be evidence the opposing coaches value Knapke's contribution.
03-02-2019 01:54 AM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

His scoring production is down, so I asking what is the root cause of the problem? Coaches are mis informed if they are not utilizing his height or bulk. Others on this site have also agree, that instead of the effort to finger rolled baskets, slam the ball into the nets, show your authority around the basket Getting in quick foul trouble has not help his cause. I believe EDU will even become more of a factor down the road.
03-02-2019 10:48 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-02-2019 10:48 AM)Springboromark Wrote:  His scoring production is down, so I asking what is the root cause of the problem? Coaches are mis informed if they are not utilizing his height or bulk. Others on this site have also agree, that instead of the effort to finger rolled baskets, slam the ball into the nets, show your authority around the basket Getting in quick foul trouble has not help his cause. I believe EDU will even become more of a factor down the road.

I would hope so. The point of being a teammate isn't to make the others irrelevant. As Edu gains experiences and as others matriculate I would hope and also expect Edu to become more of a factor. That's why he was recruited.
03-02-2019 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.