Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Junior Colleges Cloudy Future Could Mean Trouble for FBS
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Junior Colleges Cloudy Future Could Mean Trouble for FBS
Junior College Football's Cloudy Future

There have been several JC dropped football in recent years. Arizona western produce several FBS players. This article shows how bad the financial woes in Junior Colleges which could hurt any transfer to FBS,.
03-01-2019 02:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
RE: Junior Colleges Cloudy Future Could Mean Trouble for FBS
Nah, just relax the grades and test scores to get into the P5/G5 programs across the board and all is still good. Raise the standards for those kids pursuing academic scholarships and for those whose primary purpose is to get the degree and play intramural sports on their spare time. Let the suckers jump thru the extra hoops so that the schools can get the best athletes to play for their teams and still keep the overall composite student stats high.
03-01-2019 08:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
The pressure will be felt more as you move down the totem poll.

The difference between the G5 and FCS will increase as the G5 build up walk on programs an the FCS will be pushed further down the recruiting ladder trying to fight for a smaller pool of recruits.
03-01-2019 08:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
(03-01-2019 08:03 AM)miko33 Wrote:  Nah, just relax the grades and test scores to get into the P5/G5 programs across the board and all is still good. Raise the standards for those kids pursuing academic scholarships and for those whose primary purpose is to get the degree and play intramural sports on their spare time. Let the suckers jump thru the extra hoops so that the schools can get the best athletes to play for their teams and still keep the overall composite student stats high.

This is an underrated post.

The worst part is that it will cause further distancing between the two branches of the school. Alumni are going to struggle to relate with the athletes - and at some schools that's a recipe for disaster.
03-01-2019 09:48 AM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(03-01-2019 09:48 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  
(03-01-2019 08:03 AM)miko33 Wrote:  Nah, just relax the grades and test scores to get into the P5/G5 programs across the board and all is still good. Raise the standards for those kids pursuing academic scholarships and for those whose primary purpose is to get the degree and play intramural sports on their spare time. Let the suckers jump thru the extra hoops so that the schools can get the best athletes to play for their teams and still keep the overall composite student stats high.

This is an underrated post.

The worst part is that it will cause further distancing between the two branches of the school. Alumni are going to struggle to relate with the athletes - and at some schools that's a recipe for disaster.

This is key. College football is only popular because of the alumni's & students' connection with the athletes. They're drawn to these athletes who are walking the same halls, living in the same dorms, attending the same classes, and loving the same rituals as the students.

If it had anything to do with watching the best football, they'd watch the NFL, CFL, Arena Football, or AFL. All have better football players than CFB.
03-01-2019 10:54 AM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
It means Alabama can't get another Cam Newton.
03-01-2019 11:55 AM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
When did they get their first Cam Newton?
03-01-2019 12:28 PM
Advertisement

EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(03-01-2019 10:54 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  This is key. College football is only popular because of the alumni's & students' connection with the athletes. They're drawn to these athletes who are walking the same halls, living in the same dorms, attending the same classes, and loving the same rituals as the students.

If it had anything to do with watching the best football, they'd watch the NFL, CFL, Arena Football, or AFL. All have better football players than CFB.
I disagree. There wouldn't be so many games on national TV if teams were only watched by their students and alumni. I'm sure plenty of people not near Notre Dame or Penn State who have no connection to them root for them because of their history, and the same goes for Duke Men's Basketball. Some alumni are old enough that they're not thinking about what it was like for them as students when they're watching games. The rich people who donate a lot are thinking about their career that allowed them to be rich, not their college grades even if they had a 4.0.
Furthermore, watching college football doesn't stop you from watching the NFL the next day. In fact, Boise State ranked 70th of 120 FBS teams in attendance when then went undefeated in 2009. That shows that people watch the top conference because of their quality even over much better teams in worse conferences. Boise State's attendance was 74 percent of Maryland's that season, when Maryland was 2-10.
I was a fan of Hofstra Men's Basketball before I attended. I went to my first games as a freshman, but I didn't fell any more connected while I attended than before or after.
03-02-2019 08:36 AM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
The upcoming Pacific Pro league debuting in the summer of 2020 could help Juco programs and be a negative for NCAA teams because they will be focusing on HS graduating players and those with either 1 or 2 years of college ball who want to work with NFL scouts who will be given full access to Pac Pro league Practices and scrimmages.

pacificprofootball.com

players who want to get paid after 1 or 2 years of college football will have that option availble to them starting in 2020 and be able to attend college (paid for by the league) as the league will be a summer based league
03-04-2019 12:45 AM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
This will not be a problem for Clemson because Clemson does not recruit JUCO players.
03-04-2019 08:00 AM
Shox Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Wichita State

Can't believe I am responding to one of your post since they are usually so overdone and tired on here. Yet, here you go again and surprise us. Great take on the situation, you are spot on!
03-04-2019 10:50 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(03-04-2019 10:50 AM)Shox Wrote:  

Can't believe I am responding to one of your post since they are usually so overdone and tired on here. Yet, here you go again and surprise us. Great take on the situation, you are spot on!

Respectfully, it's likely because you are the type of person who will use the words "journalist" and "sports" together in the same sentence...
03-04-2019 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.