WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school
02-27-2019 06:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
RE: WKU gets transfer QB from SEC school
Well from the UNT vs Arky game I watched he was... not good.
02-27-2019 07:35 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Probably be a good fall camp competition between him and Steven Duncan. Don’t see any other qb winning the spot.
02-28-2019 11:20 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(02-28-2019 11:20 AM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  Probably be a good fall camp competition between him and Steven Duncan. Don’t see any other qb winning the spot.

More on this. I didn't know WKU plays the Hogs next year.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019...20/?sports
02-28-2019 12:01 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(02-27-2019 07:35 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Well from the UNT vs Arky game I watched he was... not good.

Was thrown into a system where he was not a fit similar to our QBs last season under clown junior....He is not mobile and the pigs HC wants a mobile QB....I think he will be a really good fit for what Helton wants to do....I think he will be our starting QB this season....
02-28-2019 02:21 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(02-28-2019 02:21 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(02-27-2019 07:35 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Well from the UNT vs Arky game I watched he was... not good.

Was thrown into a system where he was not a fit similar to our QBs last season under clown junior....He is not mobile and the pigs HC wants a mobile QB....I think he will be a really good fit for what Helton wants to do....I think he will be our starting QB this season....

I saw him play in high school. He was a great player. He had offers from Alabama and Auburn coming out of high school. He was in a bad situation at Ark. Beilema was a disaster as a HC and then Morris comes in and he was just as bad last year. I think he will be very good for you guys.
02-28-2019 03:41 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2019 03:41 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 02:21 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

I saw him play in high school. He was a great player. He had offers from Alabama and Auburn coming out of high school. He was in a bad situation at Ark. Beilema was a disaster as a HC and then Morris comes in and he was just as bad last year. I think he will be very good for you guys.

I agree, I don’t think competition will be close between him and Duncan...Lots of WKU fans are in love with Duncan, I think he has a ways to go ...Duncan has arm but he makes a lot of bad decisions, a season learning new offense he could be the answer year his final two seasons...
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 05:45 PM by WKUFan518.)
02-28-2019 05:44 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
We had a transfer QB from the SEC who was our starter this past season before he got hurt. Of course our Vandy transfer hadn't played nearly as much as the WKU transfer. Sometimes they work out, and sometimes they don't.

How many grad transfers has everyone announced thus far? We have 4 (3 OL and a QB), but the difference between this year's and last year's is that all of the guys coming in (a) have actually played for their former teams, and (b) in 3 of the 4 cases were highly decorated players for their former teams. We still could get 1 or 2 more, but I get the sense that both players (running backs from UT and Stanford) are still trying to figure out if they will get playing time for their current schools before deciding whether or not to transfer to a different school. That seems to be how it works these days in the college game.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 08:59 PM by Fort Bend Owl.)
02-28-2019 08:58 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Man, we have this stud transfer from FCS Wagner..... oh, wait...
02-28-2019 09:50 PM
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says this is a click bait chat page title
03-01-2019 07:44 AM
SouthernMiss3613 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
It is good that he has some solid starting experience.
03-01-2019 12:39 PM
Lizard Breath Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
Not a good qB
03-01-2019 12:46 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(03-01-2019 12:46 PM)Lizard Breath Wrote:  Not a good qB

I’ve never watched him play a down. I will accept that our head coach who I do like thinks he can produce here. He has more riding on it than I do.

From the folks that seem to know a lot about him they describe him being in a system ill suited for his strengths. I watched that happen here for the last two years with our squirreldick coach tryna make RPO RPO RPO qbs out of dropback passers so I understand what these folks are describing.

Many people but mostly Middle fans said Mike White sucked because of his numbers at USF and would never be able to replace Brandon Doughty. As usual (Middle fans) they were wrong. They’re used to that though.

Hell, Mike White might have been better than Brandon to be honest.

A whole lot of it for any player is fit. Square peg, round hole. Not bueno. Square peg, square hole. Bueno.

I like Duncan. At worst this guy pushes him. And maybe Duncan pushes this guy. At the end of the day I’m just thrilled to not have Squirreldick Jr as our head coach. I’ll let Helton make the QB decisions.
03-01-2019 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Was this Arkansas' starting QB vs UNT? If so you should try to get your money back.
03-02-2019 09:25 AM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(03-02-2019 09:25 AM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  Was this Arkansas' starting QB vs UNT? If so you should try to get your money back.

LOL! 03-lmfao
03-03-2019 11:08 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

(03-02-2019 09:25 AM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  Was this Arkansas' starting QB vs UNT? If so you should try to get your money back.
That was Cole Kelley, they played 3 QB's against North Texas and Storey was not one of them.
03-03-2019 11:19 AM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(03-03-2019 11:19 AM)Franko Wrote:  
That was Cole Kelley, they played 3 QB's against North Texas and Storey was not one of them.

I'm not so sure that's a good sign either. If Storey was only 4th on THAT QB depth chart, it's not a good sign. 07-coffee3
03-03-2019 12:11 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
Since this is the speculation and fantasy page; how about this? Former "scrambling" MT QB star Joe Craddock, now Offensive Coordinator at Arkansas, decided to dump the Arky QB and "persuaded" the "non-scrambling" "immobile" QB, (who was not going to start for the Razorbacks anyway) to transfer to MT's arch enemy 03-nutkick so we can sack the dude frequently in the next chapter of "100 miles of Hate". 03-lmfao
03-03-2019 12:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.