Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Subpoenas for LSU, Arizona hoops coaches
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Subpoenas for LSU, Arizona hoops coaches
I assume the ADs at Arizona and LSU already have a working list of guys they want to interview for their head coaching jobs for next season...

Sources: Arizona's Sean Miller, LSU's Will Wade notified they will be subpoenaed in federal hoops corruption trial
Quote:Preliminary notifications have been sent out to representatives of both Arizona basketball coach Sean Miller and LSU basketball coach Will Wade that they will be subpoenaed for the April 22 federal basketball corruption trial, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports. These notifications are essentially a courtesy to avoid a public spectacle for the coaches, like getting served in the middle of a game or a practice.
Quote:Both coaches have long been known to be on federal wiretaps talking to Christian Dawkins, the former low-level agent runner who was found guilty of multiple felony fraud charges in the first basketball corruption trail in October. The impending subpoenas also increase the likelihood that those tapes would be played at trial, as defense attorneys are likely to want to walk the jury through the realities of recruiting in college basketball’s underworld.
02-25-2019 04:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Subpoenas for LSU, Arizona hoops coaches
Well LSU will have that testimony after March madness.
02-25-2019 06:44 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
VCU beats Texas and leaves LSU to the FBI vultures. Smiles abound at the Commonwealth.
02-25-2019 07:19 PM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
More on the LSU coach and a recorded conversation that apparently involves payments and one of LSU's current players:

Wiretap reveals LSU coach Will Wade discussed recruiting 'offer' with hoops scandal middleman

Quote:A 2017 phone conversation intercepted by the FBI between LSU coach Will Wade and basketball middleman Christian Dawkins features Wade speaking freely about a “strong-ass offer” he made in the recruitment of a prospect, Yahoo Sports has learned.
Quote:“I was thinking last night on this Smart thing,” Wade said. “I’ll be honest with you, I’m [expletive] tired of dealing with the thing. Like I’m just [expletive] sick of dealing with the [expletive]. Like, this should not be that [expletive] complicated.”

There is no elaboration on what the “Smart thing” is. Javonte Smart is currently a freshman guard at LSU and formerly a top-50 recruit from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Dawkins is known to be on FBI wiretaps during the late spring and summer of 2017. ESPN, citing court records, previously reported that Dawkins had “at least three calls with a cellphone number belonging to LSU coach Will Wade, each of which occurred between June 19, 2017, and June 30, 2017.” Smart announced his commitment to LSU via Twitter on June 30, 2017.
03-07-2019 02:01 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-07-2019 02:01 PM)Wedge Wrote:  More on the LSU coach and a recorded conversation that apparently involves payments and one of LSU's current players:

Wiretap reveals LSU coach Will Wade discussed recruiting 'offer' with hoops scandal middleman

Quote:A 2017 phone conversation intercepted by the FBI between LSU coach Will Wade and basketball middleman Christian Dawkins features Wade speaking freely about a “strong-ass offer” he made in the recruitment of a prospect, Yahoo Sports has learned.
Quote:“I was thinking last night on this Smart thing,” Wade said. “I’ll be honest with you, I’m [expletive] tired of dealing with the thing. Like I’m just [expletive] sick of dealing with the [expletive]. Like, this should not be that [expletive] complicated.”

There is no elaboration on what the “Smart thing” is. Javonte Smart is currently a freshman guard at LSU and formerly a top-50 recruit from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Dawkins is known to be on FBI wiretaps during the late spring and summer of 2017. ESPN, citing court records, previously reported that Dawkins had “at least three calls with a cellphone number belonging to LSU coach Will Wade, each of which occurred between June 19, 2017, and June 30, 2017.” Smart announced his commitment to LSU via Twitter on June 30, 2017.

Saw a scroll on espn (for about a second so I wouldn’t take it to the bank) that LSU suspended their coach
03-09-2019 12:30 AM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
(03-09-2019 12:30 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(03-07-2019 02:01 PM)Wedge Wrote:  More on the LSU coach and a recorded conversation that apparently involves payments and one of LSU's current players:

Saw a scroll on espn (for about a second so I wouldn’t take it to the bank) that LSU suspended their coach

They did. Will Wade is currently suspended indefinitely.
03-09-2019 06:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.