doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
AAC Top 4 final 4
UH 13-1 @#11 ECU, #3 UCF, #9 SMU, @ #2 UC

UC 12-2 @#9 SMU, #5 MEM, @#3 UCF, #1 UH

UCF 10-4 @#6 USF, @#1 UH, #2 UC, @#4 TEM

TEM 10-4 @#5 MEM, #12 TULANE, @#10 UCONN, #3 UCF

Temple has the easiest route, then UH, then UC, then UCF.

The final game of UH v UC hopefully is for #1

The final game of UCF @ Temple may decide #3 and #4

Man the scheduler really nailed this.

02-24-2019 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BrooklynRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardozo HS
RE: AAC Top 4 final 4
If UCF loses this week @USF then I think that puts them on the fast track for the 4/5 seed and put a huge dent in their NCAA hopes. If UCF wins and Temple loses @Memphis then their final match-up on 3/9 will likely have a lot more at stake.

Obviously it's either win or settle for a 2 seed for UC.

02-25-2019 07:00 AM
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
Too lazy to look it up...

For the sake of argument, let's assume UC wins out and UH wins everything but the game here at 5/3.

What are the tie-breakers?

02-25-2019 07:54 AM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(02-25-2019 07:54 AM)JPBearcat3 Wrote:  Too lazy to look it up...

For the sake of argument, let's assume UC wins out and UH wins everything but the game here at 5/3.

Cats are the one seed. Go down the standing and UC’s record versus Temple is better.

02-25-2019 07:59 AM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

We're beating Houston at home.

That's our senior day and Houston's not as good outside of their little cracker box gym.

02-25-2019 09:05 AM
Jchuges7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, Reds, FCC
(02-25-2019 09:05 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  We're beating Houston at home.

That's our senior day and Houston's not as good outside of their little cracker box gym.

I agree. Sadly I think it will be a poor March for the AAC again. I have a feeling that Houston will be like the Cats last year and not make it out of the opening weekend.

02-25-2019 09:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(02-25-2019 09:38 AM)Jchuges7 Wrote:  

I agree. Sadly I think it will be a poor March for the AAC again. I have a feeling that Houston will be like the Cats last year and not make it out of the opening weekend.

Probably...

One possibility though is that due to underseeding, one or more of these AAC schools is going to upset somebody. It will happen eventually.

02-25-2019 09:41 AM
vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:

Disagree. UC will have its hands full beating Houston in the final regular season game. But Houston is an elite team. They will make some real noise in the NCAA tournament. They have an excellent coach, and he has slowly but surely built a winning culture there. I also think he is recruiting at a level that will enable UH to sustain their success, thus giving this Conference, along with UC, Memphis, UConn, Temple and Wichita, a very competitive future. I'm also not ruling out UCF and USF. Gregory definitely has USF trending in the right direction, and they will bring everybody back next year.

02-25-2019 01:17 PM
TheShoeFits Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Bearcats
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...-two-weeks

Only 4 games listed.

"Power Rankings: Circle these games over the final two weeks"

Houston at Cincinnati (March 10): The Cougars don't and won't have the profile of some of the other teams in this discussion, but one can consider how high they might go. If they are able to run the table -- including winning at Cincinnati on the final day of the regular season -- and then win the conference tournament, they're likely going to end the season with a 33-1 record, a top-five NET and 18 wins against Quadrant 1 and 2 teams.

02-25-2019 02:36 PM
Jchuges7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, Reds, FCC
(02-25-2019 01:17 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  

Disagree. UC will have its hands full beating Houston in the final regular season game. But Houston is an elite team. They will make some real noise in the NCAA tournament. They have an excellent coach, and he has slowly but surely built a winning culture there. I also think he is recruiting at a level that will enable UH to sustain their success, thus giving this Conference, along with UC, Memphis, UConn, Temple and Wichita, a very competitive future. I'm also not ruling out UCF and USF. Gregory definitely has USF trending in the right direction, and they will bring everybody back next year.

I would have said the same thing about the Bearcats last year. No disrespect to Houston, they are a great team, they just don't seem to have that spark to put them over the edge to make a deep run.

02-25-2019 03:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(02-24-2019 10:26 PM)doss2 Wrote:  UH 13-1 @#11 ECU, #3 UCF, #9 SMU, @ #2 UC

UC 12-2 @#9 SMU, #5 MEM, @#3 UCF, #1 UH

UCF 10-4 @#6 USF, @#1 UH, #2 UC, @#4 TEM

TEM 10-4 @#5 MEM, #12 TULANE, @#10 UCONN, #3 UCF

Temple has the easiest route, then UH, then UC, then UCF.

The final game of UH v UC hopefully is for #1

The final game of UCF @ Temple may decide #3 and #4

Man the scheduler really nailed this.

Thanks for posting, Doss. Or, at least hiring someone to post this for you. Nice job.

02-25-2019 03:26 PM
Advertisement

Mademen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UH
(02-25-2019 07:59 AM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  

Cats are the one seed. Go down the standing and UC’s record versus Temple is better.

This actually is not the case. The tie breaker comes down to record in games played against another team where both teams had the opportunity to earn the same record. UC only played Temple once and UH played them twice. Both teams will have played ECU twice once the Cougars play them on Wednesday. If both teams win out, UH will earn the #1 seed before the UC game by virtue of a 2-0 record vs ECU while UC is 1-1.

"Two-Team Tie

1. Regular season head-to-head results (one or two games). If the tied teams split their two games, then proceed to Step 2.

2. Each team’s record vs. the team or tied teams occupying the highest position in the standings. Continue down through the standings until one team gains an advantage. When comparing records against a single team or collective tied teams (before ties are broken), the following may apply:

a. If the games played against the team or group are equal, winning percentage prevails.

b. If the games played against the team or group are unequal, the following scenarios apply:

i. Most wins do prevail only if the team with fewer wins could not equal that win total if they played the same number of games. Two examples of many scenarios that do provide an advantage:
1) Team A 2-0 2) Team A 3-0
Team B 0-1 Team B 1-1

ii. Most wins do not prevail if the team with fewer wins could equal or surpass the win total of the other team. Two examples of many scenarios that do not provide an advantage:
1) Team A 1-1 2) Team A 2-0
Team B 0-1 Team B 1-0

iii. Fewer losses do not prevail if the teams have the same number of wins and if the team with fewer games could equal or surpass the loss total of the other team. Two examples of many scenarios that do not provide an advantage:
1) Team A 1-0 2) Team A 0-1
Team B 1-1 Team B 0-2

c. If an advantage is not determined, proceed to the next team or group in the standings for comparison."

02-26-2019 12:20 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(02-26-2019 12:20 PM)Mademen Wrote:  
(02-25-2019 07:59 AM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  

This actually is not the case. The tie breaker comes down to record in games played against another team where both teams had the opportunity to earn the same record. UC only played Temple once and UH played them twice. Both teams will have played ECU twice once the Cougars play them on Wednesday. If both teams win out, UH will earn the #1 seed before the UC game by virtue of a 2-0 record vs ECU while UC is 1-1.

"Two-Team Tie

1. Regular season head-to-head results (one or two games). If the tied teams split their two games, then proceed to Step 2.

2. Each team’s record vs. the team or tied teams occupying the highest position in the standings. Continue down through the standings until one team gains an advantage. When comparing records against a single team or collective tied teams (before ties are broken), the following may apply:

a. If the games played against the team or group are equal, winning percentage prevails.

b. If the games played against the team or group are unequal, the following scenarios apply:

i. Most wins do prevail only if the team with fewer wins could not equal that win total if they played the same number of games. Two examples of many scenarios that do provide an advantage:
1) Team A 2-0 2) Team A 3-0
Team B 0-1 Team B 1-1

ii. Most wins do not prevail if the team with fewer wins could equal or surpass the win total of the other team. Two examples of many scenarios that do not provide an advantage:
1) Team A 1-1 2) Team A 2-0
Team B 0-1 Team B 1-0

iii. Fewer losses do not prevail if the teams have the same number of wins and if the team with fewer games could equal or surpass the loss total of the other team. Two examples of many scenarios that do not provide an advantage:
1) Team A 1-0 2) Team A 0-1
Team B 1-1 Team B 0-2

c. If an advantage is not determined, proceed to the next team or group in the standings for comparison."

Actually UC would be 0-1 against ECU, but you are right. Houston would win the tiebreaker by virtue of 2-0 against ECU because of that unequal games criteria.

02-26-2019 12:47 PM
liebermans Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-26-2019 12:20 PM)Mademen Wrote:  Both teams will have played ECU twice once the Cougars play them on Wednesday. If both teams win out, UH will earn the #1 seed before the UC game by virtue of a 2-0 record vs ECU while UC is 1-1.

UC will have only played ECU once, so the team that matters will be Temple and the rules that matters are, a)"Each team's record vs. the team or tied teams occupying the highest position in the standings." AKA Temple and b) "If the games played against the team or group are equal, winning percentage prevails."

UC would be the 1 seed.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2019 12:50 PM by liebermans.)
02-26-2019 12:49 PM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

Honestly the two seed is s better draw. Avoids the noon game, Memphis is likely the 5 seed. UCF could be the 4

02-26-2019 01:05 PM
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
Beat UH for tourney seeding, or lose the protected seed. It's that simple.

It would also be the 1st time we've beaten a ranked team on our schedule.

02-26-2019 03:13 PM
Advertisement

vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
[quote='converrl' pid='15933185' dateline='1551211990']
Beat UH for tourney seeding, or lose the protected seed. It's that simple.

Don't understand this "protected seed" narrative in the NCAA tourney. You still need to beat teams. How did UC's "protected seed" work out last year.

02-26-2019 04:23 PM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

UC can still beat Houston and get the two seed in the conference tournament. I don’t see the Bearcats earning a four unless they finish with 30 wins. Even with a four seed your are looking at playing far from home.

02-26-2019 04:37 PM
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-26-2019 04:23 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  
(02-26-2019 03:13 PM)converrl Wrote:  Beat UH for tourney seeding, or lose the protected seed. It's that simple.
Don't understand this "protected seed" narrative in the NCAA tourney. You still need to beat teams. How did UC's "protected seed" work out last year.

It's easy...over the history of the NCAA, high seeds advance further on average than low seeds...thus you perform during the regular season to garner a high (protected) seed. It's not assurance of a deep run, but it increases the likelihood.

02-27-2019 01:39 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
the only game that doesn't scare me is houston. a loss wouldn't be surprising. i say the bearcats go two and one leading up to houston. a twenty point win somewhere here would be pleasant

02-27-2019 02:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.