Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

NTR - Ole Miss back on their bullsh*t again
Bookmark and Share
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Ole Miss basketball players knelt during the national anthem pregame before a home game v. Georgia.

They were protesting a pro-Confederate rally going on this afternoon in Oxford and on campus.

Layers. Layers upon layers here.

Move this thread to NTR if you need to, but I wanted as much exposure for this thread as possible. What a joke of a university.
02-23-2019 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Yeah like anyone notices what they do

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
02-23-2019 08:25 PM
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

RE: NTR - Ole Miss back on their bullsh*t again
bowl ban coming
02-23-2019 08:25 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Did they play Dixie
02-23-2019 08:40 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
So, to protest a group that is disrespectful, the players were themselves disrespectful. Nice job on both side on being a bunch of babies, smh.
02-23-2019 08:43 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Why would you play for the Rebels..then protest anything Confederate?

(Black bears, land sharks whatever they want to call themselves it's still the Rebels...Rebel Radio Network etc..)
02-23-2019 08:44 PM
Advertisement

Hoots Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(02-23-2019 07:55 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Ole Miss basketball players knelt during the national anthem pregame before a home game v. Georgia.

Parroting Kap with no clue--or caring--of the meaning. Grandstanding.
02-23-2019 08:47 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(02-23-2019 08:47 PM)Hoots Wrote:  
(02-23-2019 07:55 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Ole Miss basketball players knelt during the national anthem pregame before a home game v. Georgia.

Let the kids make their statement...Misguided or not

They didn't hurt anyone...
02-23-2019 09:00 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
(02-23-2019 08:43 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  So, to protest a group that is disrespectful, the players were themselves disrespectful. Nice job on both side on being a bunch of babies, smh.

The players were not being disrespectful.
02-23-2019 09:08 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

Nonsense.

They were understated and were protesting something really racist and really ugly.

Just stop.
02-23-2019 09:08 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2019 09:08 PM)Mimi Wrote:  

Nonsense.

They were understated and were protesting something really racist and really ugly.

Just stop.

I mean, what he says is no nonsense. Think about it. They are protesting the country, flag, and national anthem. Where exactly is their greivance?

The confederate statues? Well that country and flag they are protesting was the same that defeated the confederacy.

The other protests that were taking place today? What do the country, flag, or anthem have to do with that. Other than allowing protests, just like they were doing on the court.

Generic "racism"? What are the specifics of this claim, and what does the country, flag, or anthem have to do with it.

It does seem like a grandstanding, parrot protest. Rather than kneel, why not protest their nickname of Rebels?
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019 09:41 PM by Tiger87.)
02-23-2019 09:40 PM
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

04-wine
02-23-2019 09:42 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

(02-23-2019 09:40 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  

Nonsense.

Just stop.

I mean, what he says is no nonsense. Think about it. They are protesting the country, flag, and national anthem. Where exactly is their greivance?

The confederate statues? Well that country and flag they are protesting was the same that defeated the confederacy.

The other protests that were taking place today? What do the country, flag, or anthem have to do with that. Other than allowing protests, just like they were doing on the court.

Generic "racism"? What are the specifics of this claim, and what does the country, flag, or anthem have to do with it.

It does seem like a grandstanding, parrot protest. Rather than kneel, why not protest their nickname of Rebels?

You cannot be that unaware can you?
02-23-2019 09:44 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

Nonsense.

Just stop.

They are bringing attention to the fact that they disagree with what is going on...

That is all they are doing.
02-23-2019 09:44 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

Crap.
Great hustle but fought each other for the rebound.
Now they shoot more free throws,

Dam
02-23-2019 09:45 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

0-7 run
02-23-2019 09:46 PM
Advertisement

Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2019 09:44 PM)Mimi Wrote:  

Nonsense.

Just stop.

You cannot be that unaware can you?

Assume I am, and break it down for me. What logic is there in protesting during the national anthem?
02-23-2019 09:53 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2019 09:44 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

Nonsense.

Just stop.

They are bringing attention to the fact that they disagree with what is going on...

What is going on? That's what I'm asking. What are they protesting that is related to the country, flag, or national anthem?
02-23-2019 09:54 PM
ddramone Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-23-2019 09:54 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  
(02-23-2019 09:44 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(02-23-2019 08:47 PM)Hoots Wrote:  Parroting Kap with no clue--or caring--of the meaning. Grandstanding.

Nonsense.

Just stop.

What is going on? That's what I'm asking. What are they protesting that is related to the country, flag, or national anthem?

So....what would you want the players to do?

Unless, your primary point is that the Confederacy rally should NOT be considered racist and therefore what the players are doing is grandstanding?
02-23-2019 10:20 PM
aTxTIGER Online
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
**** the racist pieces of **** that were on their campus. If the worst they got was some college students kneeling then they got off lucky.
02-23-2019 10:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.