Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liz Warren: The Security Issue And Emergency At The Southern Border Is “Fake”
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Liz Warren: The Security Issue And Emergency At The Southern Border Is “Fake”
Says the fake Indian....

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2019 11:49 AM by usmbacker.)
02-21-2019 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Elizabeth Warren: The Security Issue And Emergency At The Southern Border Is “Fake”
well.. this won't help her... this can be trotted out anytime an illegal immigrant kills. rapes, or assaults a US citizen..
02-21-2019 05:37 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: Elizabeth Warren: The Security Issue And Emergency At The Southern Border Is “Fake”
LOL, she actually went on TYT? Desperate.

I'm actually rooting for her. Ideally, she splits the "progressive" vote right down the middle with crazy bernie.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2019 05:53 PM by Kronke.)
02-21-2019 05:49 PM
TheOrigamiJimmyChin Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: My wife
(02-21-2019 05:37 PM)No Bull Wrote:  well.. this won't help her... this can be trotted out anytime an illegal immigrant kills. rapes, or assaults a US citizen..

So...when a US Citizen kills, rapes or assaults a US Citizen, is it also an emergency? Or is it cool cause we're all fam? Just curious which murders are emergencies. Murder with a gun -- emergency? Maybe not under this President, but...there could be a Democrat President again someday.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2019 06:05 PM by TheOrigamiJimmyChin.)
02-21-2019 06:04 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(02-21-2019 06:04 PM)TheOrigamiJimmyChin Wrote:  
(02-21-2019 05:37 PM)No Bull Wrote:  well.. this won't help her... this can be trotted out anytime an illegal immigrant kills. rapes, or assaults a US citizen..

So...when a US Citizen kills, rapes or assaults a US Citizen, is it also an emergency? Or is it cool cause we're all fam? Just curious which murders are emergencies. Murder with a gun -- emergency? Maybe not under this President, but...there could be a Democrat President again someday.

pfft. Do you really not get it or are you being intentionally obtuse for political reasons?

First, you realize that whether we like it or not, we have a document that affords protections to citizens of this country that do not apply to non-citizens... so in a way, yes it's 'cool' because we're family... but I suspect that you'll take that to an absurd end so I'll continue....

When a US citizen kills, rapes or assaults a US citizen, they are fully subject to US laws and jurisdiction. We have a record of them and who they are and any previous illegal acts dating back to their birth or naturalization. We probably know their job, home and family members. We have access to their bank accounts and history.

When someone undocumented enters the country, we know nothing about their past history. They can commit crimes and then (just as easily as they came here) leave and leave our jurisdiction and since we don't know who they are, we can't reach them.

I'm all for vigilantly enforcing rape and murder laws in this country against citizens.

If you have a solution as simple (and Constitutionally protected) as vigilantly enforcing a border (something that is already the law and has been for generations) that would make a meaningful dent in murder or rape by citizens for citizens, then feel free to suggest it.
02-21-2019 06:26 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

This is a really good point and is destined to be seen as such in 2020.
02-21-2019 06:29 PM
Advertisement

Special Teams

(02-21-2019 06:26 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  If you have a solution as simple (and Constitutionally protected) as vigilantly enforcing a border (something that is already the law and has been for generations) that would make a meaningful dent in murder or rape by citizens for citizens, then feel free to suggest it.

Meaningful dent? How many murders a year will the wall prevent? This must be one bad MF'ing wall!!!

I just don't get why this is suddenly an emergency. It wasn't an emergency until after the November elections?

Here's a simple solution -- suggested by philosopher Chris Rock many years ago. Bullet control.

“You don’t need no gun control, you know what you need? We need some bullet control. Men, we need to control the bullets, that’s right. I think all bullets should cost five thousand dollars… five thousand dollars per bullet… You know why? Cause if a bullet cost five thousand dollars there would be no more innocent bystanders.
Yeah! Every time somebody get shot we’d say, ‘Damn, he must have done something ... ****, he’s got fifty thousand dollars worth of bullets in his ass.’
And people would think before they killed somebody if a bullet cost five thousand dollars. ‘Man I would blow your ******* head off…if I could afford it.’ ‘I’m gonna get me another job, I’m going to start saving some money, and you’re a dead man. You’d better hope I can’t get no bullets on layaway.’
So even if you get shot by a stray bullet, you wouldn't have to go to no doctor to get it taken out. Whoever shot you would take their bullet back, like "I believe you got my property.”
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2019 06:39 PM by TheOrigamiJimmyChin.)
02-21-2019 06:35 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
It's a whole lot more real than Jussie Smollett's beating at the hands of MAGA racists. 03-lmfao
02-21-2019 06:43 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(02-21-2019 06:35 PM)TheOrigamiJimmyChin Wrote:  
(02-21-2019 06:26 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  If you have a solution as simple (and Constitutionally protected) as vigilantly enforcing a border (something that is already the law and has been for generations) that would make a meaningful dent in murder or rape by citizens for citizens, then feel free to suggest it.

Meaningful dent? How many murders a year will the wall prevent? This must be one bad MF'ing wall!!!

Wow... Again, don't know if you're being intentionally obtuse or not. If you're not, be careful not to make yourself look bad here.

The primary purpose of the wall isn't to prevent murder. It's to prevent people from attempting to cross the border illegally, which often ends up with (mostly) women and children being exploited, people dying trying to cross and families being separated.

Quote:I just don't get why this is suddenly an emergency. It wasn't an emergency until after the November elections?

Really? Where were you when Trump campaigned on it? When DACA was passed? When Reagan addressed the issue? When Clinton called it a major problem? When Obama said:

But today, our immigration system is broken — and everybody knows it.

Families who enter our country the right way and play by the rules watch others flout the rules. Business owners who offer their workers good wages and benefits see the competition exploit undocumented immigrants by paying them far less. All of us take offense to anyone who reaps the rewards of living in America without taking on the responsibilities of living in America. And undocumented immigrants who desperately want to embrace those responsibilities see little option but to remain in the shadows, or risk their families being torn apart.

The difference is, 'regular' politicians would rather fight over getting the workers to vote (the left) or getting the companies who hire them to give money (the right). Trump is neither... so he can expend personal capital

Quote:Here's a simple solution -- suggested by philosopher Chris Rock many years ago. Bullet control.

“You don’t need no gun control, you know what you need? We need some bullet control. Men, we need to control the bullets, that’s right. I think all bullets should cost five thousand dollars… five thousand dollars per bullet… You know why? Cause if a bullet cost five thousand dollars there would be no more innocent bystanders.

Surely you aren't serious. So much 'wrong' with this I don't know where to start
02-21-2019 07:54 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-21-2019 07:54 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

Wow... Again, don't know if you're being intentionally obtuse or not. If you're not, be careful not to make yourself look bad here.

The primary purpose of the wall isn't to prevent murder. It's to prevent people from attempting to cross the border illegally, which often ends up with (mostly) women and children being exploited, people dying trying to cross and families being separated.

Quote:I just don't get why this is suddenly an emergency. It wasn't an emergency until after the November elections?

Really? Where were you when Trump campaigned on it? When DACA was passed? When Reagan addressed the issue? When Clinton called it a major problem? When Obama said:

But today, our immigration system is broken — and everybody knows it.

Families who enter our country the right way and play by the rules watch others flout the rules. Business owners who offer their workers good wages and benefits see the competition exploit undocumented immigrants by paying them far less. All of us take offense to anyone who reaps the rewards of living in America without taking on the responsibilities of living in America. And undocumented immigrants who desperately want to embrace those responsibilities see little option but to remain in the shadows, or risk their families being torn apart.

The difference is, 'regular' politicians would rather fight over getting the workers to vote (the left) or getting the companies who hire them to give money (the right). Trump is neither... so he can expend personal capital

Quote:Here's a simple solution -- suggested by philosopher Chris Rock many years ago. Bullet control.

Surely you aren't serious. So much 'wrong' with this I don't know where to start

Ham......they get their news from comedians, why not government policies? SMH
02-21-2019 08:40 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Crisis for 4 decades.
02-21-2019 08:48 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

I just don't get why this is suddenly an emergency. It wasn't an emergency until after the November elections?

Here's a simple solution -- suggested by philosopher Chris Rock many years ago. Bullet control.

Yeah! Every time somebody get shot we’d say, ‘Damn, he must have done something ... ****, he’s got fifty thousand dollars worth of bullets in his ass.’
And people would think before they killed somebody if a bullet cost five thousand dollars. ‘Man I would blow your ******* head off…if I could afford it.’ ‘I’m gonna get me another job, I’m going to start saving some money, and you’re a dead man. You’d better hope I can’t get no bullets on layaway.’
So even if you get shot by a stray bullet, you wouldn't have to go to no doctor to get it taken out. Whoever shot you would take their bullet back, like "I believe you got my property.”

aw hell yeah....the board has another troll....

the dem primaries are gonna be tony the tiger stylin'....

I can only hope you're funded by the dnc....

#morebuttercupsthebetter
02-21-2019 09:37 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
Chief Cheek Bones speaks with forked tongue.
02-21-2019 09:55 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis

We know that not having a wall doesn't solve the problem, don't we?

I am in favor of doing something. It really is that simple. We've tried it without the wall. It isn't working.
02-21-2019 09:56 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
(02-21-2019 09:56 PM)Claw Wrote:  

I am in favor of doing something. It really is that simple. We've tried it without the wall. It isn't working.

How about enforcing the laws on our books? We actually have a very good immigration policy in this country. We just elect to not enforce it out of 50% ignorance and 50% malice.

We can solve this tomorrow if we want to. We don't.
02-21-2019 10:00 PM
Special Teams

But you act as though the wall is the only option.

Where do all these illegals work? Why don't we hear about criminal prosecutions and jail time for those that have permitted this emergency to continue? Would that be a more effective solution? We haven't tried that either.

I am not opposed to border security. I'm opposed to the tremendous waste of money that is the wall. I'm opposed to the government taking property from citizens on the border to build a wall they don't want. You would think if there is an emergency that they'd welcome the wall, but they don't. And it's not just residents, it's the law enforcement too. Sheriffs and police chiefs of border communities by and large don't want the wall. They want something that will be effective.

The wall is a half baked simplistic idea that's being forced on border residents that don't want it by politicians on the other side of the country who don't understand the situation.

I think there is a place for walls, it should be a tool in the tool box in certain strategic locations. But a wall through Presidio County and Brewster County and Terrell County, just to name a few locations, is a ludicrous waste of money. Let's use our money responsibly.
02-21-2019 10:14 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-21-2019 10:14 PM)TheOrigamiJimmyChin Wrote:  

Where do all these illegals work? Why don't we hear about criminal prosecutions and jail time for those that have permitted this emergency to continue? Would that be a more effective solution? We haven't tried that either.

I am not opposed to border security. I'm opposed to the tremendous waste of money that is the wall. I'm opposed to the government taking property from citizens on the border to build a wall they don't want. You would think if there is an emergency that they'd welcome the wall, but they don't. And it's not just residents, it's the law enforcement too. Sheriffs and police chiefs of border communities by and large don't want the wall. They want something that will be effective.

The wall is a half baked simplistic idea that's being forced on border residents that don't want it by politicians on the other side of the country who don't understand the situation.

I think there is a place for walls, it should be a tool in the tool box in certain strategic locations. But a wall through Presidio County and Brewster County and Terrell County, just to name a few locations, is a ludicrous waste of money. Let's use our money responsibly.

Are you insane or willfully ignorant? Illegal immigration is a massive loss leader for the USA and border fencing construction costs are tiny.
02-21-2019 10:17 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis

You can't bribe a wall.

You can't ignore a wall.

You don't pay a wall a salary.

Walls are cheap. Labor is expensive. A one time expense on a wall decreases ALL the other expenses. ALL of them.

A wall is the foundation on which the rest of a security approach is built.

A wall is also the place where doors are built. If you build the wall, and really control the traffic in and out of this country, you will see millions of people change their minds on amnesty. Until then, we aren't. If you want to really incorporate illegals into this country, build the wall. Then you may be able to do it.

If you don't build it now, the next thing you will see is widespread support to simply deport all illegals by force. This is your chance. Don't miss it.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2019 10:25 PM by Claw.)
02-21-2019 10:24 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

The fact is---the wall will stop most of the illegal entries along the southern border. Yes--some people will find a way to scale the wall. Some will find a way under the wall. So what? Do you also want to stop funding the police because robberies and murders still happen? i mean---we pay all this money for a police force and we still have crime---so I guess a police force doesnt work and there's no reason to keep funding it--right?

That said---I agree there are places where a wall doesnt make sense. Im fine with using other options. But the idea that a border wall will not be effective anywhere is just as ludicrous as the idea its needed everywhere--perhaps even more so. At least a wall where its not needed does no harm. On the other hand, fighting wall construction where it is needed does significant harm.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2019 12:39 AM by Attackcoog.)
02-22-2019 12:38 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

To take a page from you liberal loons, what is one life is saved?
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2019 09:49 AM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
02-22-2019 09:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.