Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Idiot vandals attack and burn statue of 'General Lee' - but it was a monument dedicat
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Idiot vandals attack and burn statue of 'General Lee' - but it was a monument dedicat
Vandals have set fire to a statue of a World War II veteran they mistook for Confederate Army Commander Robert E. Lee.

On Friday morning museum workers were stunned to find a marble statue dedicated to U.S. Army Airborne founder Major General William C. Lee singed black and badly burned after vandals set it alight on Thursday February 14.

The statue is erected at the front of the William C. Lee Airborne Museum in Dunn, North Carolina.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...E-Lee.html
02-21-2019 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: Idiot vandals attack and burn statue of 'General Lee' - but it was a monument dedicat
(02-21-2019 04:29 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Vandals have set fire to a statue of a World War II veteran they mistook for Confederate Army Commander Robert E. Lee.

On Friday morning museum workers were stunned to find a marble statue dedicated to U.S. Army Airborne founder Major General William C. Lee singed black and badly burned after vandals set it alight on Thursday February 14.

The statue is erected at the front of the William C. Lee Airborne Museum in Dunn, North Carolina.

And people wonder why I harp on our so called pubic education system. Ignorance is a toxin that will poison the nation. This incident shows they have no comprehension of history, can't properly identify and distinguish between leaders who are from two different eras, so how in the hell can they function as voters, let alone vandals.
02-21-2019 04:52 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Idiot vandals attack and burn statue of 'General Lee' - but it was a monument dedicat
maybe it's time they torched this one....fk'n idiots...

[Image: Dz3egx7V4AAS-Wx.jpg]
02-21-2019 04:54 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-21-2019 04:52 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(02-21-2019 04:29 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Vandals have set fire to a statue of a World War II veteran they mistook for Confederate Army Commander Robert E. Lee.

And people wonder why I harp on our so called pubic education system. Ignorance is a toxin that will poison the nation. This incident shows they have no comprehension of history, can't properly identify and distinguish between leaders who are from two different eras, so how in the hell can they function as voters, let alone vandals.

it's sad watching the idiots finally take over....and the ones that 'control', just give it away due to self interest....

there's times when I pine about wasted effort....then it turns into "wtfe"

oh wellzy....
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2019 04:57 PM by stinkfist.)
02-21-2019 04:56 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(02-21-2019 04:56 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

it's sad watching the idiots finally take over....and the ones that 'control' just give it away....

there's times when I pine about wasted effort....

oh wellzy....

My family's mantra for more than several generations has been, "Stay away from stupid people. Stupid people get you killed." Well if you extrapolate that to the nation the same applies. This nation will kill itself with terminal stupidity if the taxpayers don't move to only private schools. The crap coming out of the government ones is insufficient to maintain a dynamic economy, too ignorant of our actual laws to maintain order, too laden with so called "cultural instruction" to know the truth, and is fomenting violence rather than citizenship.

But SF that's what happens in many industrialized nations and tech nations where the brightest and best move into industry and dullards and slugs are left to teach. Once tenured they are free to air their gripes and revision of real life as they see fit and the parents are too damned busy (or are products of public education themselves and therefore too stupid) to intervene, hold schools accountable, and make a difference.

The time is going to come when good people are forced to defend themselves against throngs of ignorant and angry young people. It won't end well for the nation, but nobody sees the rise of ignorance to be threat that it will most assuredly become. Stupid people can be convinced to do anything by someone intelligent enough to manipulate them, like the damned corporate media.
02-21-2019 05:04 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

I don't how you'd do it, but somehow you have to get more kids in school to have some interest in history. I was always interested - at least in modern history, not so much ancient history - but most are not.
02-21-2019 05:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.