Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New court setup for CUSA Tourney
Bookmark and Share
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
[Image: 123338.png]

Last year the courts were side to side and temporary seats on both sides. This year as you can see by the picture, the courts will be moved closer to the permanent seats. The permanent seats will be GA seating on one sideline and temp seating on the other side. The temp seating is for tickets you buy through the schools...all tourney books.

I personally like last year setup better...the permanent seats are too high off the court. But it should look more like a basketball arena on TV. Last year these seats were baseline seats/end of the court but about 20 yards away. With moving the courts closer that will help...but still lose that closeness and feel from last year

last years setup

[Image: wire-2456072-1520495436-85_634x362.jpg]
02-19-2019 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WhatIsThisFeeling Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
RE: New court setup for CUSA Tourney
This new setup is what I thought they should have done last year. Glad to see they will give it a chance. Didn't mind last years setup but it just felt like the game was so far away from everything unless you were in the sideline bleachers.
02-19-2019 01:32 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(02-19-2019 01:32 PM)WhatIsThisFeeling Wrote:  This new setup is what I thought they should have done last year. Glad to see they will give it a chance. Didn't mind last years setup but it just felt like the game was so far away from everything unless you were in the sideline bleachers.

Last year this was the setup I thought they should have done...before I was there. The bleacher setup last year let you get right up on the action. Basically like sideline to 7 rows up seating at Diddle.

I agree the these permanent seats at the end of the court was too far away. So it's 10x better for those fans that sit in those seats last year. I just like the closeness that the bleachers on both side gave. I will probably do GA Tickets this year and head home if Western loses. So who knows, I might like this setup once I sit down...permanent seats will be a lot more comfortable than bleachers. Especially with a back problem
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019 01:47 PM by WKUYG.)
02-19-2019 01:40 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

This looks like an improvement to me.
02-19-2019 02:23 PM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Nice to see them making tweaks to improve the fan experience. And it should look a little bit better on tv too, at least during NT games
02-19-2019 03:09 PM
Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls
+1. This will be better
02-19-2019 10:38 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I think they still have the seat backwards....more tickets will be sold by each school than the GA tickets. The TV Cameras are behind the temporary seating so most of the time the seats being shown on TV will be the GA section...less people.

Plus the GA section has better seats.... temporary seating is very uncomfortable plastic chairs in the institutional seats.

I get why they have it like they do, the higher priced ($180) institutional seats are closer to the court. But for TV you should want the section with the most fans shown on TV.

Either way it should play out better on the Net or TV screens. BTW if you dont want to buy a booklet in the section your school is selling (institutional seats). I would bet they will have tickets at the door in that section.

If you are new to going to the CUSA tourney in Frisco....it's kid/family, friendly, at least it was last year. With activities out front, free parking, good, clean, reasonable priced hotels.

We used Priceline and used their EXPRESS DEALS...you really do save 40 to 60% on rooms. If you never used this before..its like a blind pick out of a hat with 3 or 4 hotels in it. It's really easy to find out which hotels you are getting before you choose. Look at the area it's in and the Hotel Amenities and the star rating and the number of reviews...then when you find the hotel with the same star rating and review (at regular price) take the 40 to 60% off and see if it matches the express deal price.

We ended up paying I believe $58 for a $145 brand new 3 star hotel 3/4 of a mile to The Star...Hotel Indigo Frisco. Then the last nigh $79 for Sheraton Hotel 4 star, it was a few miles away...close to where the 50 million dollar high school stadium was built. Save $100, on a $180 a night hotel.

It really is easy to figure out which hotel you are getting once you cross check the hotels...huge savings. One other thing, if you are going over to Dallas...paid the toll its faster and you wont be sitting for long periods of time. If you haven't seen this area, take a drive towards Denton and if you have the time take a back road/ bypass type. Probably more new homes being build or built with in the last 8 to 10 years than almost any place in the USA. Now that's just a guess on my part but 10s of thousands in that 30 minute drive. Some people are not into things like this...

I like seeing how the country is being built....very clean area and the first thing that came to my mind. Where in the hell is all this money coming from....most are close to or above the median price home in America of 190k
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019 11:52 PM by WKUYG.)
02-19-2019 11:11 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
(02-19-2019 01:40 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(02-19-2019 01:32 PM)WhatIsThisFeeling Wrote:  This new setup is what I thought they should have done last year. Glad to see they will give it a chance. Didn't mind last years setup but it just felt like the game was so far away from everything unless you were in the sideline bleachers.

Last year this was the setup I thought they should have done...before I was there. The bleacher setup last year let you get right up on the action. Basically like sideline to 7 rows up seating at Diddle.

I agree the these permanent seats at the end of the court was too far away. So it's 10x better for those fans that sit in those seats last year. I just like the closeness that the bleachers on both side gave. I will probably do GA Tickets this year and head home if Western loses. So who knows, I might like this setup once I sit down...permanent seats will be a lot more comfortable than bleachers. Especially with a back problem

I’ll be down close for my team’s games and up in the comfy seats again with my popcorn watching two games simultaneously for the other twin bills.

Better than a sports bar!

New setup looks even better than last year. You’ll be able to actually be close enough to follow two games simultaneously if you want
02-19-2019 11:20 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Doesn't matter, nobody will be there anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
02-20-2019 07:10 AM
MonarchManiac Online
Heisman

(02-19-2019 02:23 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  This looks like an improvement to me.

Looks like a high school volleyball tournament to me.
02-20-2019 09:37 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Do we even know if CUSA tournament will be on TV besides championship game? I wouldn't count Facebook as TV at this point....
02-20-2019 09:42 AM
Advertisement

Punk Offline
1st String

(02-20-2019 09:42 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Do we even know if CUSA tournament will be on TV besides championship game? I wouldn't count Facebook as TV at this point....

First round is ESPN+
Quarters are Stadium and Facebook
Semi and Final are CBS SportsNet
02-20-2019 09:46 AM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

(02-20-2019 09:37 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  

Oh no doubt. The curtain is laughably amateurish.
02-20-2019 10:37 AM
MonarchManiac Online
Heisman

(02-20-2019 10:37 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  

Oh well...to far away for our fans to travel to anyway... I guess I shouldnt care what it looks like in there.
02-20-2019 11:11 AM
49ShadesOfGreen Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
We're really bad and that's really far away so per usual you will see no Charlotte fans other than maybe parents in the building for our women's team.
02-20-2019 11:46 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

No more so than the 400 that showed up in B'ham for a 13k arena. Then a usher come down from the top and check tickets to make sure it matched the seat number.

The last thing you want is 400 fans spread out...400 is stretching it for the early round games. Probably closer to 250. I could hear Middle's players talking on the other side of the court...during game action. When they showed up to watch the UTSA vs Western game.

Lets not forget the first year when UAB sold their students, tickets for $5, might been $3, and other schools had to pay full price. Or the $15 to park and have signs of a wino being beside your car. A nasty jacket that smelled like puke and 2 empty wine bottles right at the front door. Or the $125, for a nasty ass Days Inn 5 miles from the arena. I guess that's my fault for not paying the $300 for a out of date room next to the arena.

Lets not forget about what really makes the CUSA look amateurish and a high school event...the 50 or less fans, mostly parents of players, that most schools bring...including a few so called basketball schools.

Last years tourney was run head and shoulders better than the previous three. The only people that would probably question that...UAB fans. Most of the fans, my guess, 90%, on this board that complains about where the tourney is or how its ran, or the setup of it. Has not been to the CUSA tourney since their team joined (3.0). But hey, let me ***** anyways.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2019 12:04 PM by WKUYG.)
02-20-2019 11:53 AM
Advertisement

MonarchManiac Online
Heisman

(02-20-2019 11:53 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  

No more so than the 400 that showed up in B'ham for a 13k arena. Then a usher come down from the top and check tickets to make sure it matched the seat number.

The last thing you want is 400 fans spread out...400 is stretching it for the early round games. Probably closer to 250. I could hear Middle's players talking on the other side of the court...during game action. When they showed up to watch the UTSA vs Western game.

Lets not forget the first year when UAB sold their students, tickets for $5, might been $3, and other schools had to pay full price. Or the $15 to park and have signs of a wino being beside your car. A nasty jacket that smelled like puke and 2 empty wine bottles right at the front door. Or the $125, for a nasty ass Days Inn 5 miles from the arena. I guess that's my fault for not paying the $300 for a out of date room next to the arena.

Lets not forget about what really makes the CUSA look amateurish and a high school event...the 50 or less fans, mostly parents of players, that most schools bring...including a few so called basketball schools.

Last years tourney was run head and shoulders better than the previous three. The only people that would probably question that...UAB fans. Most of the fans, my guess, 90%, on this board that complains about where the tourney is or how its ran, or the setup of it. Has not been to the CUSA tourney since their team joined (3.0). But hey, let me ***** anyways.
Well, when the damn thing is 1400 miles from your campus, which equals a 21 hour drive or a 600$ + flight, it makes it a little tough to be a spectator
02-20-2019 12:16 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(02-20-2019 12:16 PM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  

Well, when the damn thing is 1400 miles from your campus, which equals a 21 hour drive or a 600$ + flight, it makes it a little tough to be a spectator

I understand that but if you wanted to be there you could. Most people plan for known events months in advance. If you wanted it to look better on TV....

buy a booklet of tickets and donate them to a Boys Club or some group in Frisco. Send a ODU cap or shirt. There's may ways to support something. But it's easier to just complain.

BTW B'ham was only a 11 hour drive and $300 round trip flight....about as many ODU fans will make it to Dallas as B'ham. I cant speak about the time ODU made the championship game...I had already left
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2019 12:29 PM by WKUYG.)
02-20-2019 12:28 PM
MonarchManiac Online
Heisman

(02-20-2019 12:28 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(02-20-2019 12:16 PM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  
(02-20-2019 09:37 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  Looks like a high school volleyball tournament to me.

I understand that but if you wanted to be there you could. Most people plan for known events months in advance. If you wanted it to look better on TV....

buy a booklet of tickets and donate them to a Boys Club or some group in Frisco. Send a ODU cap or shirt. There's may ways to support something. But it's easier to just complain.

BTW B'ham was only a 11 hour drive and $300 round trip flight....about as many ODU fans will make it to Dallas as B'ham. I cant speak about the time ODU made the championship game...I had already left

If I wanted to be on an island in Fiji I could too. But cost becomes a phobitive factor sometimes...When you are already in for season tickets for football, tailgating pass, cost of 6 tailgates, basketball season tickets, travel to local away games for basketball, and gift to athletic foundation it starts to add up. Gotta draw the line somehwere, and I draw it at several day long drives, expensive ticket booklets, and hotel stays for a crappy tournament in a crappy warehouse hangar with 200 fans. I'm not shelling out $1K plus for that. Until we get something a little more centrally located you can count me out.

Plus if we make the NCAA I would rather go to that. At least it will be in an exciting venue.
02-20-2019 01:11 PM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I like this idea, but I feel like they should have put courts on the opposite sides, as in one court uses one sides’ permanent seats, and the other uses the other sides’. But I guess this lets them use only one side’s concessions and bathrooms?
02-20-2019 02:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.