NFL settles with Colin Kaepernick
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
Exclamation NFL settles with Colin Kaepernick
http://fortune.com/2019/02/15/colin-kaep...h-the-nfl/

https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/statu...3548564480

he'll never play again but 60 to 80 million dollars makes it all OK.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019 03:21 PM by UofMemphis.)
02-15-2019 03:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: NFL settles with Colin Kaepernick
I’m sure whatever it is he’s gonna start a charity or donate some to his cause.
02-15-2019 03:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-15-2019 03:19 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  http://fortune.com/2019/02/15/colin-kaep...h-the-nfl/

"Due to a confidentiality agreement, the terms of the settlement were not disclosed"
02-15-2019 03:29 PM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
It's all about the hustle. Well played Kaepernick well played.
02-15-2019 03:31 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Man, that ******* is set for life. I wonder how long it will last before he sues someone else again. Companies better watch out for him he might just trip on an imaginary crack in someones building and sue.
02-15-2019 03:33 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
If you're an NFL fan (tickets, gear, etc), you're paying for this.
02-15-2019 03:36 PM
Advertisement

Claw Online
Hall of Famer

Look for a lot more kneelers next season.
02-15-2019 03:37 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(02-15-2019 03:19 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  http://fortune.com/2019/02/15/colin-kaep...h-the-nfl/

Yet another reason why after watching the NFL faithfully from the early 60's through mid 80's I left them. The house won against the spread 85% of the time by the mid 80's so the game seemed fixed. The players weren't a bunch of grizzled guys who loved football, since they were becoming millionaires afraid of rough play and more interested in their commercial appeal than in doing what it takes to win. Then the kneeling thing simply convinced me that the NFL had lost its mind, and now they prove to me they have no balls.

This was first year I've watched the super bowl since the 90's and it sucked as well and the half time show was crap.

So to the NFL I say, I loved you when you were the NFL and AFL. I loved you when guys like Otis Sistrunk, Ben Davidson, Ed Podolak, and Johnny Unitas were playing. I'm glad I knew you then through the 70's and the days of the Snake and Bradshaw.

I don't recognize you anymore. You have forgotten who you were and who you represented.

I'm just concerned that college ball is headed the same way. We'll see.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019 03:43 PM by JRsec.)
02-15-2019 03:41 PM
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

Maybe he’ll get arrested and “trip and fall” while in custody.
02-15-2019 03:55 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(02-15-2019 03:41 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Yet another reason why after watching the NFL faithfully from the early 60's through mid 80's I left them. The house won against the spread 85% of the time by the mid 80's so the game seemed fixed. The players weren't a bunch of grizzled guys who loved football, since they were becoming millionaires afraid of rough play and more interested in their commercial appeal than in doing what it takes to win. Then the kneeling thing simply convinced me that the NFL had lost its mind, and now they prove to me they have no balls.

This was first year I've watched the super bowl since the 90's and it sucked as well and the half time show was crap.

So to the NFL I say, I loved you when you were the NFL and AFL. I loved you when guys like Otis Sistrunk, Ben Davidson, Ed Podolak, and Johnny Unitas were playing. I'm glad I knew you then through the 70's and the days of the Snake and Bradshaw.

I don't recognize you anymore. You have forgotten who you were and who you represented.

GET OFF MY LAWN!
02-15-2019 04:07 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(02-15-2019 04:07 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

GET OFF MY LAWN!

I would love to meet the dumb azz that would say that to my face. I'm really more of a "Don't Speed Down My Street" kind of guy. We've got kids under school age who play in the front yard and some of the really elderly backing out of their drives (slowly). So to your credit I do at least resemble the remark. Today I would have kept you off my lawn because I was taking down a tree.

I was really just saying the NFL is just a shadow of what it once was, and now they are so corporate in nature that they've lost touch with their fan bases. Caving in on a matter of employee behavior, and that is what this was, is gutless.

They would have earned a lot more credibility by simply asserting their right to expect a certain level of conduct out of those that they pay.

I am assuming that you are a millennial or slightly older. Your generation doesn't yet have the scope of life to realize how very much things have changed. When you hit 70, think about the "Get Off My Lawn" remarks because change is happening faster now than it did when I was in my 30's and 40's. There are going to be a great many things that you will comment on that the younger will see only as an old man issue. Everything in life is about the vantage point from which you observe it.

You guys are so very much more constrained in your freedoms already than I was. The impact of population growth is something I've witnessed first hand. In the 60's it was 2.5 miles in between beach houses at Mexico Beach, Florida. 10 years after that pristine and private experience was had by our family it was wall to wall and the beach houses were gone. My point being you have no idea of the scope of the comparison if you didn't live it. So when you think you insult those who are older and who have a greater vantage point to see the scope of change because their views don't line up with yours, just remember if I'm griping now about the rapid change that has occurred in the range of 55 adult years or more, just imagine how fragile what you have now really is. The NFL was once fun. The game then was imminently better than today. But so too were State Parks, living conditions within cities, and many other facets of life including education, crime, and overall cooperation within society as a whole. We did have our issues. Every generation does, but relying more on governmental control isn't the way to solve them. That goes for corporate control as well.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019 04:38 PM by JRsec.)
02-15-2019 04:12 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
This started with a cell phone video of him sitting at a meaningless preseason game. Today, it ended it a ton of cash. Wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app
02-15-2019 04:48 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(02-15-2019 04:12 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

GET OFF MY LAWN!

I would love to meet the dumb azz that would say that to my face. I'm really more of a "Don't Speed Down My Street" kind of guy. We've got kids under school age who play in the front yard and some of the really elderly backing out of their drives (slowly). So to your credit I do at least resemble the remark. Today I would have kept you off my lawn because I was taking down a tree.

I was really just saying the NFL is just a shadow of what it once was, and now they are so corporate in nature that they've lost touch with their fan bases. Caving in on a matter of employee behavior, and that is what this was, is gutless.

They would have earned a lot more credibility by simply asserting their right to expect a certain level of conduct out of those that they pay.

I am assuming that you are a millennial or slightly older. Your generation doesn't yet have the scope of life to realize how very much things have changed. When you hit 70, think about the "Get Off My Lawn" remarks because change is happening faster now than it did when I was in my 30's and 40's. There are going to be a great many things that you will comment on that the younger will see only as an old man issue. Everything in life is about the vantage point from which you observe it.

You guys are so very much more constrained in your freedoms already than I was. The impact of population growth is something I've witnessed first hand. In the 60's it was 2.5 miles in between beach houses at Mexico Beach, Florida. 10 years after that pristine and private experience was had by our family it was wall to wall and the beach houses were gone. My point being you have no idea of the scope of the comparison if you didn't live it. So when you think you insult those who are older and who have a greater vantage point to see the scope of change because their views don't line up with yours, just remember if I'm griping now about the rapid change that has occurred in the range of 55 adult years or more, just imagine how fragile what you have now really is. The NFL was once fun. The game then was imminently better than today. But so too were State Parks, living conditions within cities, and many other facets of life including education, crime, and overall cooperation within society as a whole. We did have our issues. Every generation does, but relying more on governmental control isn't the way to solve them. That goes for corporate control as well.

Here, here! "Progress" isn't always an improvement on things. Remember the days when you could get gas for your car without ever opening the door - and get the oil checked, tires checked, and windshield cleaned all for the price of the gas? It used to be nice to call a business to ask a question or make a comment and have someone pick up the phone and say, "Hello". Guys like Joe Namath, Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, Gayle Sayers, Bart Starr, Charley Taylor, Roger Staubach, etc. are a lost breed from the guys playing today. Like you said .... If you weren't there to experience it, you really don't know how much you missed. 04-cheers
02-15-2019 04:48 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I sure would like to be able to do something on the job that embarrasses my employer and causes them financial harm, and then get to sue to make enough money to never have to work again dozens of times over after I can't work with them again.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019 05:12 PM by EigenEagle.)
02-15-2019 05:08 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
hair care for life???

[Image: giphy.webp]
02-15-2019 05:22 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(02-15-2019 04:48 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(02-15-2019 04:12 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Here, here! "Progress" isn't always an improvement on things. Remember the days when you could get gas for your car without ever opening the door - and get the oil checked, tires checked, and windshield cleaned all for the price of the gas? It used to be nice to call a business to ask a question or make a comment and have someone pick up the phone and say, "Hello". Guys like Joe Namath, Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, Gayle Sayers, Bart Starr, Charley Taylor, Roger Staubach, etc. are a lost breed from the guys playing today. Like you said .... If you weren't there to experience it, you really don't know how much you missed. 04-cheers

[Image: 41180014-angry-senior-man-with-a-cane-sc....jpg?ver=6]
02-15-2019 05:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Curumim Offline
1st String

I Root For: Navy
Respeck to the old guys in this thread. I hope the league gets a new star player in the future, someone who can sincerely give a good example. Athletes aren't half the men they used to be.
02-15-2019 05:50 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

I still remember the year in the late 70s (77 or 78) where the Bengals were playing the Steelers in the next to the last game of the season in Riverfront Stadium on a sheet of ice. The Bengals needed to win by 9 to win the tiebreak vs. the Steelers for the Division Title. Bengals won 17-7. They were jumping up and down on the sidelines like a college team.

Bengals got stomped by the Oilers who weren't in the playoffs the next week and missed the playoffs. Guess there is a reason for even keel in the NFL. I never liked the Oilers after that. They put the hated Steelers in the playoffs, again.
02-15-2019 08:24 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-15-2019 05:50 PM)Curumim Wrote:  Respeck to the old guys in this thread. I hope the league gets a new star player in the future, someone who can sincerely give a good example. Athletes aren't half the men they used to be.

once upon, they were revered as role models....

those days are dead....
02-15-2019 11:02 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(02-15-2019 11:02 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-15-2019 05:50 PM)Curumim Wrote:  Respeck to the old guys in this thread. I hope the league gets a new star player in the future, someone who can sincerely give a good example. Athletes aren't half the men they used to be.

once upon, they were revered as role models....

those days are dead....

The president used to be a role model before he became a pussygrabber. Sad. 05-stirthepot
02-16-2019 09:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.