Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Takes from the BG game
Bookmark and Share
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Takes from the BG game
Plus's: great team game, very good team defense, Darrington best overall game, Sanford's rebounding, team rebounding.

Minuses: Sanford still in an offensive slump, too many unforced turnovers, Edu's not getting any blocks, please stay away from shooting 3"s (no confidence in his game). Would like to see him down low in the blocks and not make that many moves, but go up straight up, and shoot that jumper. Nice if he could develop a hook shot.
02-10-2019 02:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

RE: Takes from the BG game
Springboro...... You’re comments are IMHO pretty much spot on! I cringe when I see Edu shoot 3’s. I always wonder if coach K green lights this idea. If he does then why and if he does not then why is Edu still launching low percentage shots. He should be under the basket fighting for boards, setting picks, etc. I am sometimes bewildered by big guys shooting obvious stupid shots!!!!

Go Rockets!
02-10-2019 04:15 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
I think Edu made one of his first two or three attempts and fell in love. He purportedly had the outside shot when he was recruited. He needs to use it very judiciously.
02-10-2019 04:37 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
EDU has the potential to be a remembered name in the greats of UT all time. Maybe not an offensive threat yet? But he will hit a big three sometime in his career and he will go down in Rockets lore. We should also win the MAC in the next 3 seasons so he will be remembered for that as well. His feet could be quicker but his long arms are top block master GREAT in the conference. He also seems to get energized in the way that Darrington, Willy Jackson, and Marreon after he makes a 3 does....
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019 04:55 PM by UofToledoFans.)
02-10-2019 04:54 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-10-2019 04:15 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Springboro...... You’re comments are IMHO pretty much spot on! I cringe when I see Edu shoot 3’s. I always wonder if coach K green lights this idea. If he does then why and if he does not then why is Edu still launching low percentage shots. He should be under the basket fighting for boards, setting picks, etc. I am sometimes bewildered by big guys shooting obvious stupid shots!!!!

Go Rockets!

If you look at Edu's high school/international video, he has an excellent offensive game including as an outside shooter. Not sure why it has disappeared, but it's there.
02-10-2019 05:06 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

I have watched all his prior videos and I am well aware of his potential but he currently is shooting bricks and that doesn’t advance UT’s cause at present. I’d reel him in if I was coach K since this level of competition may not allow him to be a 3 ball guy. These are the coaching decisions that affect the W-L record. He can grow into his 3 in non critical situations IMHO.

Go Rockets!
02-10-2019 05:13 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-10-2019 04:15 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Springboro...... You’re comments are IMHO pretty much spot on! I cringe when I see Edu shoot 3’s. I always wonder if coach K green lights this idea. If he does then why and if he does not then why is Edu still launching low percentage shots. He should be under the basket fighting for boards, setting picks, etc. I am sometimes bewildered by big guys shooting obvious stupid shots!!!!

Go Rockets!

At least one of those was off a backwards pass from the PG. Coming up court, Edu had set up outside the arc. PG passed him and without turning, flipped the ball backwards. Possible a skill Edu has shown in practice and they're hoping to develop into game reliable?

I thought Sanford turned in some good paint time. A few lay-ups off the backboard, rebounds when no one else seem motivated and attempted steal when BG got under the basket.

Navigato appears to be adding to his repertoire; nice hook, backing down the D and a couple floaters. He also can be seen picking up the perimeter man, forgotten by his defender.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019 05:21 PM by eastisbest.)
02-10-2019 05:19 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

Edu needs to take that in the paint jumper and have convidence in making those. Love to see him put on 20 - 25lbs in the off season.
02-10-2019 05:45 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

Good comments on Navigato East! He has developed a more diversified game. No doubt about it and I believe these added skill sets have resulted in at least 3 to 4+ wins for UT this season.

Go Rockets!
02-10-2019 06:36 PM
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

I was loving the fact that Navigato was being guarded by Dylan Frye. Frye is one heck of a player, but, he had no luck with Navigato and his new game. The game was OK, but, the atmosphere was even better than I expected and better than when BGSU played Buffalo. Now we have to mimic that when we play Buffalo. One final question. How did we NOT recruit Wiggins from right in our own back yard of Springfield? Granted, Springfield is also in Bowling Green's back yard.
02-11-2019 10:27 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-11-2019 10:27 AM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  I was loving the fact that Navigato was being guarded by Dylan Frye. Frye is one heck of a player, but, he had no luck with Navigato and his new game. The game was OK, but, the atmosphere was even better than I expected and better than when BGSU played Buffalo. Now we have to mimic that when we play Buffalo. One final question. How did we NOT recruit Wiggins from right in our own back yard of Springfield? Granted, Springfield is also in Bowling Green's back yard.

Good question about Wiggins. Springfield HS is 15 minutes from UT. It's not often that a 6-10 kid is available in the Toledo area. I don't know if coach K recruited him, but Wiggins didn't sign early. BG's coach was hired late in Wiggins' senior year (probably March) and he was able to sign him. Always thought it was curious.
02-11-2019 10:39 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(02-11-2019 10:39 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(02-11-2019 10:27 AM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  I was loving the fact that Navigato was being guarded by Dylan Frye. Frye is one heck of a player, but, he had no luck with Navigato and his new game. The game was OK, but, the atmosphere was even better than I expected and better than when BGSU played Buffalo. Now we have to mimic that when we play Buffalo. One final question. How did we NOT recruit Wiggins from right in our own back yard of Springfield? Granted, Springfield is also in Bowling Green's back yard.

Good question about Wiggins. Springfield HS is 15 minutes from UT. It's not often that a 6-10 kid is available in the Toledo area. I don't know if coach K recruited him, but Wiggins didn't sign early. BG's coach was hired late in Wiggins' senior year (probably March) and he was able to sign him. Always thought it was curious.

When Jans left and a recruit decommitted, a spot open up for Wiggins. Wiggins was a late bloomer and didn't make the Springfield Varisity team until his Jr. season. The guy has worked hard to get where he's at. Definitely a project coming out of HS, but one a new Coach Huger could take a risk on.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019 11:14 AM by Boca Rocket.)
02-11-2019 11:13 AM
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

Thank you for the information. It sure seems like Springfield has their fair share of D1 Athletes. Besides Wiggins, Eric Page, Tyler Long and Bryan Koback come to mind.
02-11-2019 11:37 AM
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

BRYANT Koback.
02-11-2019 11:38 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Even taking into account the listed athletes, Rick Upchurch is likely the greatest athlete from Springfield. He played 9 years in the NFL.
02-11-2019 12:05 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(02-11-2019 12:05 PM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Even taking into account the listed athletes, Rick Upchurch is likely the greatest athlete from Springfield. He played 9 years in the NFL.

He beat me in the 100 yds dash. Ran a 9.9 in sweats. I did beat him out of the blocks though.
02-11-2019 12:15 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(02-11-2019 12:15 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(02-11-2019 12:05 PM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Even taking into account the listed athletes, Rick Upchurch is likely the greatest athlete from Springfield. He played 9 years in the NFL.

He beat me in the 100 yds dash. Ran a 9.9 in sweats. I did beat him out of the blocks though.

He beat everybody in the 100.
02-11-2019 12:30 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(02-11-2019 12:30 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(02-11-2019 12:15 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

He beat everybody in the 100.

Wouldn't have beat Bobby Lawson, but it would have been an interesting race.
02-11-2019 12:47 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
At first I was scratching my head about Edu taking three point shots; then realized this is part of UT's offense with Luke so the opportunities are there. Guess he has the potential to make them so it's part of the game plan ... well at least to shoot them. He rebounding, defense , blocked shots, and occasional offense have been pluses for the Rockets. Provides quality minutes while still adjusting to the speed and strength of the game.

What jumped out was the team defense. Hustle, hustle, hustle layered with communications. Falcons shot less than 40% primarily because they were not getting open shots. The ugliness of 18 turnovers should have sunk the Rockets. Imagine if they took better care of the ball ..... Despite turning the ball over, it did not detract from their stellar defensive effort.
02-11-2019 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(02-11-2019 02:12 PM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  At first I was scratching my head about Edu taking three point shots; then realized this is part of UT's offense with Luke so the opportunities are there. Guess he has the potential to make them so it's part of the game plan ... well at least to shoot them. He rebounding, defense , blocked shots, and occasional offense have been pluses for the Rockets. Provides quality minutes while still adjusting to the speed and strength of the game.

What jumped out was the team defense. Hustle, hustle, hustle layered with communications. Falcons shot less than 40% primarily because they were not getting open shots. The ugliness of 18 turnovers should have sunk the Rockets. Imagine if they took better care of the ball ..... Despite turning the ball overr, it did not detract from their stellar defensive effort.

The defense is the difference this year. That, and having no real star. After Pearson,Juice, Boothe, Taylor/John John and Fletcher absorbed much of the offense. It’s spread around much better now so aguy can havee an off night and someone else picks up.
02-11-2019 05:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.