Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News EA got woke, now they're going ....
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
EA got woke, now they're going ....
... broke.

Female Nazi major characters? Because the face of diversity and equality is ... literal women fighting for Hitler? And people who say this is historically inaccurate and jarring and brings you out of the gameplay immersion, well, they're all clearly part of the patriarchy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...game-flops
02-06-2019 10:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: EA got woke, now they're going ....
Possibly, but think Fortnite is the biggest factor.
02-06-2019 11:07 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Not just a wahmen, but one with a (lol) prosthetic arm.

EA said not to buy it if they didn't like it. Their former customers took them up on the offer.

[Image: battlefield-v-female-soldier-claw.jpg.optimal.jpg]
02-06-2019 11:07 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(02-06-2019 11:07 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  Possibly, but think Fortnite is the biggest factor.

Fortnite is in decline. While I never played it, many of my friends who use to no longer do.
02-06-2019 11:10 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(02-06-2019 11:07 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  Possibly, but think Fortnite is the biggest factor.

Nah. Battlefield is a AAA title, Fortnite is free. They aren't competitors.

Gamers spent their $59.99 on RDR2, Spiderman, and COD over Battlefield, because Battlefield was a garbage game that wasn't worth the money, and their developers told them not to buy it.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2019 11:18 AM by Kronke.)
02-06-2019 11:17 AM
Advertisement

BuffaloTN Offline
All American

(02-06-2019 11:10 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

Fortnite is in decline. While I never played it, many of my friends who use to no longer do.

Yes. I think its peaked as well as I can see from my 14 year old, but I believe it was a such a disrupting force that it has changed how EA, Take Two, Blizzard, etc will have to develop games going forward. And obviously video game titles are produced well in advance so that summer of 2018 through say Christmas when Fortnite was eating their lunch was a major factor in their earnings miss.
02-06-2019 11:17 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

(02-06-2019 11:17 AM)Kronke Wrote:  

Gamers spent their $59.99 on RDR2 and COD over Battlefield, because Battlefield was a garbage game that wasn't worth the money, and their developers told them not to buy it.

I can assure you they are competitors. They are competitors for your time and money. While Fortnite is "free" you wouldn't believe the cash they made from add ones and in game purchases. Crazy what kids and adults throw money away at it.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2019 11:19 AM by BuffaloTN.)
02-06-2019 11:18 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(02-06-2019 11:18 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  

Gamers spent their $59.99 on RDR2 and COD over Battlefield, because Battlefield was a garbage game that wasn't worth the money, and their developers told them not to buy it.

I can assure you they are competitors. They are competitors for your time and money. While Fortnite is "free" you wouldn't believe the cash they made from add ones and in game purchases. Crazy what kids and adults throw away at it.

I probably shouldn't have said they aren't competitors, because you're right, they do compete for time.

I still think RDR2 and COD were bigger factors, along with EA getting woke and pissing off a significant percentage of their loyal fan base. This guy is the king of video game news, and he agrees. Battlefield's release was sandwiched between those other 2. I bought Battlefield 1 in 2016, and didn't even look at Battlefield 5 because of RDR2.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2019 11:28 AM by Kronke.)
02-06-2019 11:24 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
I think it has less to do with EA being "woke" and more to do with them losing touch with their fan base and littering their games with micro-transactions...

I remember during the initial rollout of Star Wars Battlefront II, they made it so you had to put in like 30 hours of playtime to unlock special characters like Darth Vader. Either that, or you pay money on top of the $60+ you put into buying the game to unlock Darth Vader and Princess Leia. EA's response to customers complaining about the micro-transactions lead to one of the most down voted comments in reddit history:

Quote:"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes......

No.... the intent is to milk every dime out of people who bought your game... If you don't shell out extra money to buy loot boxes, you're at a competitive advantage to those who bought said loot boxes.

Game developers need to listen to their fan bases or risk losing market share to their competition.... Bethesda's recent release of Fallout 76 is a great example. Many of us who have been playing the Fallout series for the past 10+ years felt completely turned off by Fallout 76... Hopefully they right the ship with Elder Scrolls 6.
02-06-2019 11:26 AM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(02-06-2019 10:57 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  ... broke.

Female Nazi major characters? Because the face of diversity and equality is ... literal women fighting for Hitler? And people who say this is historically inaccurate and jarring and brings you out of the gameplay immersion, well, they're all clearly part of the patriarchy.

You should blame it on Trump's unemployment numbers. Obviously there is a lot less free time with which to play.
02-06-2019 11:45 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

(02-06-2019 11:24 AM)Kronke Wrote:  

I can assure you they are competitors. They are competitors for your time and money. While Fortnite is "free" you wouldn't believe the cash they made from add ones and in game purchases. Crazy what kids and adults throw away at it.

I probably shouldn't have said they aren't competitors, because you're right, they do compete for time.

I still think RDR2 and COD were bigger factors, along with EA getting woke and pissing off a significant percentage of their loyal fan base. This guy is the king of video game news, and he agrees. Battlefield's release was sandwiched between those other 2. I bought Battlefield 1 in 2016, and didn't even look at Battlefield 5 because of RDR2.

Did you like RDR2?
02-06-2019 11:52 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
I don't get the gaming culture TBH. I think it's a huge waste of time. That's JMO. My kids aren't into the gaming scene; however, it doesn't mean that they're cut off from the smartphone/notepad culture either.
02-06-2019 11:52 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

The movies are going that way with the female bad asses.

You can explain it if they are a superhero with special powers. You even can if they use "the force." But a lot of these are women built like Cameron Diaz beating up a gang of guys twice their size. Really hard to suspend disbelief.
02-06-2019 12:01 PM
Advertisement

q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(02-06-2019 11:26 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  Bethesda's recent release of Fallout 76 is a great example. Many of us who have been playing the Fallout series for the past 10+ years felt completely turned off by Fallout 76... Hopefully they right the ship with Elder Scrolls 6.

We all hope that... the question is if Todd Howard is actually the secret leader of the real life Volkihar Clan.
02-06-2019 12:18 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
EA got woke, now they're going ....
(02-06-2019 11:24 AM)Kronke Wrote:  

Lol

Dude needs to go learn how a hammer works or mow a lawn.

Wow. He ever ridden a bike or skateboard, say?
02-07-2019 05:41 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-06-2019 11:45 AM)JRsec Wrote:  

You should blame it on Trump's unemployment numbers. Obviously there is a lot less free time with which to play.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

I was thinking along these lines...

[Image: tenor.gif]
02-07-2019 08:57 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Please get desperate and bring back your #2 selling title, NCAA Football.

Please don't add female football players.
02-07-2019 03:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.