Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Update: 3 Hours Untilthe Trade Deadline - What Do You Think?
Bookmark and Share
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
Update: 3 Hours Untilthe Trade Deadline - What Do You Think?
Does AD get traded by Thursday?
[/b]
Mike or Marc? And where?

How much do we get for JMyke and Garrett? Would help if Garrett could play tomorrow night, our last game before the deadline.[b]
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019 11:58 AM by Tigx.)
02-04-2019 04:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
RE: Exactly 3 Days to the Trade Deadline - What Do You Think?
yes

at least one of the two, not sure where

no clue
02-04-2019 04:06 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I think Grizz are getting a little lucky. Charlotte and the Pels apparently have no interest in trading Kemba or Jrue Holiday. So Mike is the only premier PG on the trade market. And from all you can read, Utah and Detroit are very motivated to make a deal.

Have read the local SLC paper and their SB blog, slcdunk.com Listened to a Jazz pod, SLC Punks. General thought is that their GM, Dennis Lindsey, so far will not include Exum in a Grizz deal, and the Grizz want Exum. Jazz fans seem to love Dante, and are afraid he goes somewhere else and becomes a star. They tanked that year to get the 5th draft pick to draft him, so maybe too emotionally invested. Anyway, the Jazz pod guys thinks at the end the Jazz will cave an include Exum in deal.

Also Jazz nation seems to think that Grayson Allen pretty much sucks. 4 year guy at Duke, but seems a long way away from contributing.

So Grizz might send Mike and Garrett, maybe Shelvin. And Jazz send back Rubio, Favors, Exum and a 1st. Rubio pretty worthless to us as an expiring contract, but need his contract to make the deal work.
02-04-2019 04:15 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-04-2019 04:02 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Does AD get traded by Thursday?

Mike or Marc? And where?

How much do we get for JMyke and Garrett? Would help if Garrett could play tomorrow night, our last game before the deadline.

I don't think AD gets traded. New Orleans didn't even acknowledge the Lakers first offer with any sort of response or counter.

I think it's both Mike and Marc or neither. The awkwardness that would unfold if they only trade Mike would be unreal.

I'm hoping for Utah with Mike and Marc i'm hoping for Charlotte. If it's Charlotte for Marc I just don't want Monk, which might be hard to accomplish.

I would love a JMyke and Garrett to Houston for Brandon Knight and maybe a pick
02-04-2019 04:15 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I am really curious if the Lakers will have any players left if they trade for AD. Looks like New Orleans has the upper hand since they know AD wants to go there and they know the Lakers want him badly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Grizz stand pat or do a bad trade with someone.
02-04-2019 04:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-04-2019 04:15 PM)Tigx Wrote:  I think Grizz are getting a little lucky. Charlotte and the Pels apparently have no interest in trading Kemba or Jrue Holiday. So Mike is the only premier PG on the trade market. And from all you can read, Utah and Detroit are very motivated to make a deal.

Have read the local SLC paper and their SB blog, slcdunk.com Listened to a Jazz pod, SLC Punks. General thought is that their GM, Dennis Lindsey, so far will not include Exum in a Grizz deal, and the Grizz want Exum. Jazz fans seem to love Dante, and are afraid he goes somewhere else and becomes a star. They tanked that year to get the 5th draft pick to draft him, so maybe too emotionally invested. Anyway, the Jazz pod guys thinks at the end the Jazz will cave an include Exum in deal.

Also Jazz nation seems to think that Grayson Allen pretty much sucks. 4 year guy at Duke, but seems a long way away from contributing.

So Grizz might send Mike and Garrett, maybe Shelvin. And Jazz send back Rubio, Favors, Exum and a 1st. Rubio pretty worthless to us as an expiring contract, but need his contract to make the deal work.

The bad part about the pick is that it's just an awful slot. It will be interesting to see if the Grizz move off the rumored additional 1st request.
02-04-2019 04:17 PM
Advertisement

Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-04-2019 04:15 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  

Mike or Marc? And where?

How much do we get for JMyke and Garrett? Would help if Garrett could play tomorrow night, our last game before the deadline.

I don't think AD gets traded. New Orleans didn't even acknowledge the Lakers first offer with any sort of response or counter.

I think it's both Mike and Marc or neither. The awkwardness that would unfold if they only trade Mike would be unreal.

I'm hoping for Utah with Mike and Marc i'm hoping for Charlotte. If it's Charlotte for Marc I just don't want Monk, which might be hard to accomplish.

Charlotte makes so much sense for Marc. Monk is good with me, just don't want to get stuck with the Batum contract. Would take Biyombo. What do you not like about Monk?
02-04-2019 04:18 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-04-2019 04:18 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

Mike or Marc? And where?

Charlotte makes so much sense for Marc. Monk is good with me, just don't want to get stuck with the Batum contract. Would take Biyombo. What do you not like about Monk?

He never impressed me much while at Kentucky and I don't think he's that great of a shooter. Grizz badly need guys who can shoot if they are going to try to make this not a prolonged rebuild.

Again maybe a change of scenery will help.
02-04-2019 04:24 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(02-04-2019 04:24 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  

Mike or Marc? And where?

He never impressed me much while at Kentucky and I don't think he's that great of a shooter. Grizz badly need guys who can shoot if they are going to try to make this not a prolonged rebuild.

Monk is shooting close to what Conley is from 3. Conley is at 35.9% and Monk is 34.2%.
02-04-2019 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

Guessing the Grizz would love to have Miles Bridges since he and JJJ are buds. But doubt the Hornets will include him.

But I like Monk. From Arkansas, so might be excited to come here. Will always be seen as a disappointment in Charlotte, since they passed on Donovan Mitchell to take Monk. Only playing 18 minutes a game, but getting up 4 3's a game and shooting 35% from three. 90% free throw shooter. Concern would be his defense since he is small for a two guard.

Other than that for young guys I guess you have Kaminsky, who is very available. Fallen almost out of the rotaion, only getting 11 minutes a game.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019 04:46 PM by Tigx.)
02-04-2019 04:36 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-04-2019 04:30 PM)mairving Wrote:  
(02-04-2019 04:24 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  

Mike or Marc? And where?

Monk is shooting close to what Conley is from 3. Conley is at 35.9% and Monk is 34.2%.

Outside of his rookie year and last season, Mike has shot 36% or better from three throughout his career and he's basically at that 36% clip this year.
02-04-2019 04:47 PM
Advertisement

tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-04-2019 04:36 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Guessing the Grizz would love to have Miles Bridges since he and JJJ are buds. But doubt the Hornets will include him.

But I like Monk. From Arkansas, so might be excited to come here. Will always be seen as a disappointment in Charlotte, since they passed on Donovan Mitchell to take Monk. Only playing 18 minutes a game, but getting up 4 3's a game and shooting 35% from three. 90% free throw shooter. Concern would be his defense since he is small for a two guard.

Other than that for young guys I guess you have Kaminsky, who is very available. Fallen almost out of the rotaion, only getting 11 minutes a game.

Bridges would be the guy I'd ask for, but yeah Charlotte isn't giving up the rookie. Again a change of scenery might be good for him.

I wouldn't be angry with getting Monk, but just a personal preference of not wanting him.
02-04-2019 04:51 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-04-2019 04:51 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  
(02-04-2019 04:36 PM)Tigx Wrote:  Guessing the Grizz would love to have Miles Bridges since he and JJJ are buds. But doubt the Hornets will include him.

Bridges would be the guy I'd ask for, but yeah Charlotte isn't giving up the rookie. Again a change of scenery might be good for him.

I wouldn't be angry with getting Monk, but just a personal preference of not wanting him.

Fair enough. Not like I've watched a ton of Hornet's games. Monk did put 20 on us on Friday, so I might have some recency bias.
02-04-2019 05:21 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

This guy is the Jazz beat writer for The Athletic. Also says Detroit has made a 'very competitive' offer for Conley.

02-04-2019 06:26 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
I think Conley is gone to Detroit or Utah.

Gasol to the highest bidder but it looks to be Charlotte.

I'll be shocked if Davis isn't a Laker, maybe a 3 team trade with Phoenix, NO, and LA.

Grizz may get lucky in the draft with 2 top ten picks both this year and next season.
02-04-2019 07:09 PM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
(02-04-2019 07:09 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  I think Conley is gone to Detroit or Utah.

Gasol to the highest bidder but it looks to be Charlotte.

I'll be shocked if Davis isn't a Laker, maybe a 3 team trade with Phoenix, NO, and LA.

Grizz may get lucky in the draft with 2 top ten picks both this year and next season.

The Hawks are playing better and will surely pass the Grizz ... so that gives us a few extra ping pong balls.
02-05-2019 08:57 AM
Advertisement

MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Tonight is likely goodbye to both Marc and Mike. Maybe Green as well.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019 09:05 AM by MemphisTigerPawr.)
02-05-2019 09:05 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

Lakers kept Lavar muzzled for months, which is better than most thought they could. Now Lavar is back spouting nonsense and blowing up trades.

02-05-2019 11:28 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(02-05-2019 11:28 AM)Tigx Wrote:  Lakers kept Lavar muzzled for months, which is better than most thought they could. Now Lavar is back spouting nonsense and blowing up trades.

That would make me want to trade Ball to New Orleans.
02-05-2019 01:18 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Wizards just lost Wall for rest of season and likely most of next season also
02-05-2019 01:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.