Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bailey Curry
Bookmark and Share
UTNORTH Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Bailey Curry
Softball starts in about a week. I was disapointed to discover Bailey Curry who set the UT homerun record and was 2018 MAC freshman of the year is no longer on the team. She transferred to U Louisiana, which is in the preseason top 20. I wish her well there, but hopefully the new coach will get us to the point where we can retain talent like that.
01-31-2019 11:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Bailey Curry
(01-31-2019 11:20 AM)UTNORTH Wrote:  Softball starts in about a week. I was disapointed to discover Bailey Curry who set the UT homerun record and was 2018 MAC freshman of the year is no longer on the team. She transferred to U Louisiana, which is in the preseason top 20. I wish her well there, but hopefully the new coach will get us to the point where we can retain talent like that.

They also lost a really good local pitcher who was committed. Never understood why they didn't pick one of the assistants. Of course they have a horrible facility that doesn't help.
01-31-2019 12:27 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
(01-31-2019 12:27 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(01-31-2019 11:20 AM)UTNORTH Wrote:  Softball starts in about a week. I was disapointed to discover Bailey Curry who set the UT homerun record and was 2018 MAC freshman of the year is no longer on the team. She transferred to U Louisiana, which is in the preseason top 20. I wish her well there, but hopefully the new coach will get us to the point where we can retain talent like that.

They also lost a really good local pitcher who was committed. Never understood why they didn't pick one of the assistants. Of course they have a horrible facility that doesn't help.

Is the new SB facility on the drawing board and planned?
01-31-2019 02:39 PM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

That's too bad, but it seems you always lose some players when a coach leaves - especially a good coach. Not sure the coaching change is why she left, but it certainly could have been a factor.
01-31-2019 06:54 PM
inductchuck16 Online
Heisman

(01-31-2019 06:54 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  That's too bad, but it seems you always lose some players when a coach leaves - especially a good coach. Not sure the coaching change is why she left, but it certainly could have been a factor.

Losing the league’s freshman of the year isn’t just losing some player. It goes to show the shape of the program, and quite honestly none of us ever need a reminder of how poor it has been the majority of its existence. Can’t expect success when there’s no investment.
01-31-2019 08:47 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-31-2019 08:47 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(01-31-2019 06:54 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  That's too bad, but it seems you always lose some players when a coach leaves - especially a good coach. Not sure the coaching change is why she left, but it certainly could have been a factor.

Losing the league’s freshman of the year isn’t just losing some player. It goes to show the shape of the program, and quite honestly none of us ever need a reminder of how poor it has been the majority of its existence. Can’t expect success when there’s no investment.

They went to the college softball world series once, but the coach wanted a $5,000 raise, the AD said no and she went to the ACC.
01-31-2019 10:02 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

(01-31-2019 10:02 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(01-31-2019 08:47 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  

They went to the college softball world series once, but the coach wanted a $5,000 raise, the AD said no and she went to the ACC.

I understand how good Curry is, but the reality is when a coach leaves, it is the best players who have the best chance to land the best spots elsewhere. I assume Curry came here largely because of Coach Butler, and I doubt UT was ever going to keep the coach for long. So, once she left, not surprising to me that some players might choose to leave to. That is not a UT thing. Not having to sit out a year in the non-revenue sports makes transferring a lot easier too.

Look at Louisiana's lineup. They have 4 transfers coming in this year, and Curry is the least lauded. There are 2 players from Texas A&M who followed their former coach to ULL - one was on the all-SEC defensive team, and the other was a candidate for national freshman player of the year. And then there is a pitcher from Oregon who was a 2 time All-American. If schools like that can't keep their best players from transferring, I don't think a little extra investment by UT will make a difference.

When you see stories like this about one school getting 4 lauded transfers in 1 season, or like Ohio State's WBB team getting 3 grad transfers from MAC and Horizon schools in the same year, I do have to wonder if any recruiting goes on behind the scenes sometimes. Not that I know of any evidence of anything like that, it just makes one wonder.
02-01-2019 05:20 PM
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

So when softball comes to play Purdue Fort Wayne I should just skip it? Nah I will probably go. Bring a boom box with the fight song maybe
02-01-2019 05:37 PM
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2019 05:37 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  So when softball comes to play Purdue Fort Wayne I should just skip it? Nah I will probably go. Bring a boom box with the fight song maybe

04-rock
02-01-2019 08:31 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(02-01-2019 05:37 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  So when softball comes to play Purdue Fort Wayne I should just skip it? Nah I will probably go. Bring a boom box with the fight song maybe

04-bow
02-02-2019 06:45 AM
UTNORTH Offline
Water Engineer

This former Rocket is batting 4th for 15th ranked ULL and in her first 3 games hit 5 for 8 with a double, homerun and 6 RBI. Apparently her skills are transferring pretty well.
02-09-2019 12:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.