Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Leaked Pricing Details Licensing Costs Per Channel For Live OTT Services
Bookmark and Share
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Leaked Pricing Details Licensing Costs Per Channel For Live OTT Services
Quote:Pretty interesting as Streaming Media Blog's Rayburn published leaked info on what an unnamed "major live" OTT service is paying in per channel carriage fees (per month, per sub). Most important for us: ESPN ($6.00), ESPN2 ($1.16), ABC ($1.85), CBS ($2.00), Fox ($1.62), NBC ($1.46), BTN ($0.20), FS1 ($1.35), FS2 ($0.48), ESPNU ($0.25), NBC Sports ($0.90), NFL Network ($1.45), MLB Network ($2.00). Rayburn: "Even at scale, I don’t know of any live OTT service that isn’t losing money which is why all of the major services are owned by MVPDs, ISPs, or others that can afford to lose money on the service, since their offering is part of a bigger product ecosystem."

Link
01-27-2019 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
RE: Leaked Pricing Details Licensing Costs Per Channel For Live OTT Services
I don’t want to steal your thunder for your effort, but can you post this thread on the main board? It would be a good conversation regarding the subject.
01-27-2019 11:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
This gives more evidence that cord cutters are becoming true cord cutters. Which is why the growth in OTA households is increasing and that OTT users may become true cutters also.
01-27-2019 11:28 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
How can FS2 be 48 cents and ESPNU be 25? FS2 is garbage and shows nothing. ESPNU is worth at least a $1 if FS2 is 48 cents.
01-29-2019 12:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.