Sen Jones introduces bill to reimburse fed workers with interest
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
https://mynbc15.com/news/local/sen-doug-...h-interest

Here is his reasoning.

“If the federal government can charge you interest for being late on your taxes, then it should be paying interest on late paychecks,” said Senator Doug Jones, who has also requested his paycheck be withheld until federal workers receive their back pay.
01-25-2019 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
RE: Sen Jones introduces bill to reimburse fed workers with interest
(01-25-2019 07:55 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  https://mynbc15.com/news/local/sen-doug-...h-interest

Here is his reasoning.

“If the federal government can charge you interest for being late on your taxes, then it should be paying interest on late paychecks,” said Senator Doug Jones, who has also requested his paycheck be withheld until federal workers receive their back pay.

What an idiot. I luv muh gubmint job!
01-25-2019 07:58 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Funny, I could have sworn taxes aren’t due for another 3 months, plus they’re typically taken out of each paycheck, so in all reality you shouldn’t be paying anything extra come April 15 anyway.
01-25-2019 07:59 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Give the rich more money. A ok. Give regular people more money. He's an idiot. I'm glad you Republicans are against the people.
01-25-2019 08:18 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(01-25-2019 08:18 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Give the rich more money. A ok. Give regular people more money. He's an idiot. I'm glad you Republicans are against the people.

Workers unite! Is that your cattle call?
I’m not for “giving” anything to able bodied people. Much less free money. And especially gubmint workers.
01-25-2019 09:05 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Doug Jones a POLITICAL CLOWN, if they were out $10,000 for one missed paycheck the interest would be about $25. Wow! How impressive.
01-25-2019 09:11 PM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
If they were out 10K for 1 paycheck, that would be a yearly income of 260K. No TSA workers are making 260K a year. I doubt very few of the workers period were making that much unless they were leading a particular office.
01-25-2019 09:45 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-25-2019 09:45 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  If they were out 10K for 1 paycheck, that would be a yearly income of 260K. No TSA workers are making 260K a year. I doubt very few of the workers period were making that much unless they were leading a particular office.

Meaning that the actual impact would be substantially less than in the above example to show how small the impact was.
01-25-2019 09:53 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(01-25-2019 07:55 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  https://mynbc15.com/news/local/sen-doug-...h-interest

Here is his reasoning.

Well then shouldn't I be able to charge the government interest on my money that it withheld throughout the year when I get a tax refund?
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019 12:02 AM by q5sys.)
01-26-2019 12:01 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-25-2019 09:53 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(01-25-2019 09:45 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  If they were out 10K for 1 paycheck, that would be a yearly income of 260K. No TSA workers are making 260K a year. I doubt very few of the workers period were making that much unless they were leading a particular office.

Meaning that the actual impact would be substantially less than in the above example to show how small the impact was.

The interest will be less than the amount it will cost to calculate it.
01-26-2019 01:09 AM
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
they should first be forced to take their PTO and vacation days and then be paid once those are expired. I'm sure they all enjoyed their time off while those of us in the real world have been working.
01-26-2019 07:21 AM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-26-2019 07:21 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  they should first be forced to take their PTO and vacation days and then be paid once those are expired. I'm sure they all enjoyed their time off while those of us in the real world have been working.

Nah. PTO and vacations are what employees are due their employment. Not forced time off because their bosses are incapable/refuse to do their jobs....

I understand that as a taxpayer it involves paying a worker for in some cases no work, but these people didn’t choose this.......
01-26-2019 08:12 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(01-26-2019 07:21 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  they should first be forced to take their PTO and vacation days and then be paid once those are expired. I'm sure they all enjoyed their time off while those of us in the real world have been working.

Coast guard?
01-26-2019 08:36 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
He was being sarcastic........
01-26-2019 09:31 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-26-2019 09:31 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  He was being sarcastic........

Well, as you know, it isn’t always readily discernible from the printed word alone...
01-26-2019 10:43 AM
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(01-26-2019 10:43 AM)Crebman Wrote:  
(01-26-2019 09:31 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  He was being sarcastic........

Well, as you know, it isn’t always readily discernible from the printed word alone...

Especially considering the things that poster has said/claimed in seriousness.
01-26-2019 12:22 PM
Advertisement

Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
(01-25-2019 08:18 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Give the rich more money. A ok. Give regular people more money. He's an idiot. I'm glad you Republicans are against the people.

Pretty sure he is a dim from Alabama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
01-26-2019 07:20 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Perfectly reasonable proposal and I support it. They did the work, and the government held their money for a month. It should owe interest.
01-26-2019 10:21 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(01-26-2019 07:20 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  

He is the Dim that benefited from the cyber attack and false accusations against Roy Moore and in his campaign promised the Alabama voters that he didn't side lockstep with the Democrats in Washington which so far he hasn't failed to support them. That seat's up again in 2020 I believe. The Alabama voters who supported him fell into two camps. First, those who hate Roy Moore, (and he has high negatives) and those who believed that Jones would be a moderate filling Jeff Sessions seat (and they would be wrong and were morons for believing it since Jone's voting record has always been left, not far left like the nation, but left for Alabama).

Picking Sessions was a mistake that bit Trump twice. He was as mealy mouthed as A.G. as he was in the Senate, and it cost the Republicans a Senate seat since Roy Moore probably isn't electable for high office.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019 10:35 PM by JRsec.)
01-26-2019 10:32 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-26-2019 10:32 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(01-26-2019 07:20 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  

He is the Dim that benefited from the cyber attack and false accusations against Roy Moore and in his campaign promised the Alabama voters that he didn't side lockstep with the Democrats in Washington which so far he hasn't failed to support them. That seat's up again in 2020 I believe. The Alabama voters who supported him fell into two camps. First, those who hate Roy Moore, (and he has high negatives) and those who believed that Jones would be a moderate filling Jeff Sessions seat (and they would be wrong and were morons for believing it since Jone's voting record has always been left, not far left like the nation, but left for Alabama).

Picking Sessions was a mistake that bit Trump twice. He was as mealy mouthed as A.G. as he was in the Senate, and it cost the Republicans a Senate seat since Roy Moore probably isn't electable for high office.

I sat out that special election because I couldn’t support either guy
01-26-2019 11:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.