Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trevor Moore
Bookmark and Share
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Trevor Moore
I hope the light comes on for this kid, seems like a good dude that tries hard but you can tell he is way overthinking when he plays, especially his shots. I never expected a tom from him, as he was rated about 350 coming out of HS, and more often than not rankings tend to be accurate.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019 06:48 PM by jarr.)
01-19-2019 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Trevor Moore
His defense has been pretty good of late, not counting today, though I'm not sure if some of that was covering for teammates or just being late rotating. Mick mentioned he gets so bummed when he misses and he needs to try to get his confidence going. The kid rarely misses in warm ups, so it all appears mental.

01-19-2019 06:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tymanh99 Offline

I Root For: .
Donators
i watched him sink 10 3's in a row during game warms up last month. vince banks 2.0

01-19-2019 07:08 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-19-2019 07:08 PM)Tymanh99 Wrote:  i watched him sink 10 3's in a row during game warms up last month. vince banks 2.0

I thought that Keith Williams looked like a bust his freshman year and he looks like a future nba pick now. Terry Nelson and others have said he is the purest shooter in practice and struggles in games. Maybe next year, his junior season, he breaks out of the slump. He is playing better defense this season and not a turnover machine. I am so happy with Keith Williams sophomore season that its hard to believe at times.

01-19-2019 07:15 PM
dj3600 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Uc
If Moore can find his shot it will really help this team him and Broome have been disappointing this year.

01-19-2019 07:36 PM
crex043 Offline
All American

(01-19-2019 07:15 PM)bearcat54 Wrote:  
(01-19-2019 07:08 PM)Tymanh99 Wrote:  i watched him sink 10 3's in a row during game warms up last month. vince banks 2.0

I thought that Keith Williams looked like a bust his freshman year and he looks like a future nba pick now. Terry Nelson and others have said he is the purest shooter in practice and struggles in games. Maybe next year, his junior season, he breaks out of the slump. He is playing better defense this season and not a turnover machine. I am so happy with Keith Williams sophomore season that its hard to believe at times.

Yes, it was quite disappointing that Keith Williams played like it was his first year of college basketball last year. 07-coffee3

01-19-2019 07:38 PM
Advertisement

jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

Trevor had the ball open in the corner with time, and it took about 3 or 4 seconds for him to get the ball out of his hands. Its definitely mental.

01-19-2019 07:44 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

Trevor is a good defender and busts his ass, but until he gets over the mental hurdle that is affecting his shot, he's not beneficial as anything other than a guy who can give Cumberland and Williams an occasional breather for 8-10 minutes. He isn't as effective as our other guards with the ball in his hands, so we really need him to start fulfilling his potential as a catch-and-shoot guy. I hope he gets it figured out because he would be a great role player for us if he could shoot the 3 in the high 30s/low 40s.

01-20-2019 02:41 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(01-20-2019 02:41 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Trevor is a good defender and busts his ass, but until he gets over the mental hurdle that is affecting his shot, he's not beneficial as anything other than a guy who can give Cumberland and Williams an occasional breather for 8-10 minutes. He isn't as effective as our other guards with the ball in his hands, so we really need him to start fulfilling his potential as a catch-and-shoot guy. I hope he gets it figured out because he would be a great role player for us if he could shoot the 3 in the high 30s/low 40s.

When he's expected to receive the ball on offense out toward mid-court (non-shooting situation), he looks so uncomfortable with it he's immediately looking to pass or just hand it off. He's really struggling right now and your point is well taken--he provides a breather off the bench. But this offense needs more than that from his position.

Did Logan Johnson play at all Saturday? Seems he could be more helpful on offense right now than Moore if he comes in and makes some crisp passes and gets an assist or two. He needs minutes if he's the starting point guard in ten months.

01-21-2019 08:56 AM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
(01-20-2019 02:41 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Trevor is a good defender and busts his ass, but until he gets over the mental hurdle that is affecting his shot, he's not beneficial as anything other than a guy who can give Cumberland and Williams an occasional breather for 8-10 minutes. He isn't as effective as our other guards with the ball in his hands, so we really need him to start fulfilling his potential as a catch-and-shoot guy. I hope he gets it figured out because he would be a great role player for us if he could shoot the 3 in the high 30s/low 40s.

Hit the nail on the head. He is basically Field Williams without the ice cold shooters mentality. He has 0 ability to put the ball on the floor and get his own shot. He just needs to stop thinking about it and hoist it up when he gets the ball. We have seen brief glimpses of his shooting ability... but mainly between the ears something is wrong. Hope he figures it out.

01-21-2019 09:01 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(01-21-2019 08:56 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  

When he's expected to receive the ball on offense out toward mid-court (non-shooting situation), he looks so uncomfortable with it he's immediately looking to pass or just hand it off. He's really struggling right now and your point is well taken--he provides a breather off the bench. But this offense needs more than that from his position.

Did Logan Johnson play at all Saturday? Seems he could be more helpful on offense right now than Moore if he comes in and makes some crisp passes and gets an assist or two. He needs minutes if he's the starting point guard in ten months.

Logan was a DNP I believe. I would like to see Logan get some more run for sure. I know he will make some mistakes, but I don't think Moore is giving us enough right now to justify not giving some of his minutes to Logan.

01-21-2019 11:03 AM
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
At least he's shooting the ball again as for a while there he was afraid to pull the trigger. It's all between the ears. He's thinkin about it way to much. Reminds me of Keith Gregor when he got to Uc. He became so afraid of missing shots, he quite shooting.

01-21-2019 12:58 PM
ucbandguy Offline
Special Teams

(01-21-2019 12:58 PM)dsquare Wrote:  At least he's shooting the ball again as for a while there he was afraid to pull the trigger. It's all between the ears. He's thinkin about it way to much. Reminds me of Keith Gregor when he got to Uc. He became so afraid of missing shots, he quite shooting.

Against Tulsa he was 1 for 3.

The commentator said that he was a shooter and would not remember his misses. Just watching on TV, however, I was not convinced. He has not yet impressed me with the "I am going to put it up (and in) whenever I am open" mentality. I hope he gets there. We could use a shooter off the bench for March.

01-25-2019 09:54 AM
skyblade Online
1st String

(01-25-2019 09:54 AM)ucbandguy Wrote:  
(01-21-2019 12:58 PM)dsquare Wrote:  At least he's shooting the ball again as for a while there he was afraid to pull the trigger. It's all between the ears. He's thinkin about it way to much. Reminds me of Keith Gregor when he got to Uc. He became so afraid of missing shots, he quite shooting.

The commentator said that he was a shooter and would not remember his misses. Just watching on TV, however, I was not convinced. He has not yet impressed me with the "I am going to put it up (and in) whenever I am open" mentality. I hope he gets there. We could use a shooter off the bench for March.

The commentator also called Broome "the sniper" and talked about how skilled of a 3-point shooter Broome is and how it was rare for Broome to drive to the basket...

01-25-2019 10:17 AM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-19-2019 06:48 PM)jarr Wrote:  I hope the light comes on for this kid, seems like a good dude that tries hard but you can tell he is way overthinking when he plays, especially his shots. I never expected a tom from him, as he was rated about 350 coming out of HS, and more often than not rankings tend to be accurate.

terry nelson keeps saying how Trevor Moore is the best pure shooter in practice but boy, he must tense up badly during games. I kinda grimace when he shoots an open 3. HOPES his light turns on like it did for Keith Williams this year.

01-25-2019 11:19 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator

Too often he doesn't seem ready to shoot and I think that has affected him mentally. I remember late in the shot clock he caught the ball with room and a good look...he held it, made a late pass and UC ended up with a shot clock violation. Given the time on the shot clock when he caught it and the room he had it was a shot he had to take. He needs to have the mentality that if he's open he's going to bury it and be ready when he catches it. If he doesn't have that mentality he's a big liability.

01-25-2019 11:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cpawstoney Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.C.
(01-25-2019 11:31 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Too often he doesn't seem ready to shoot and I think that has affected him mentally. I remember late in the shot clock he caught the ball with room and a good look...he held it, made a late pass and UC ended up with a shot clock violation. Given the time on the shot clock when he caught it and the room he had it was a shot he had to take. He needs to have the mentality that if he's open he's going to bury it and be ready when he catches it. If he doesn't have that mentality he's a big liability.

Watching Moore last night, there was on time that sticks out when he received the ball. Just by his body language I could tell he didn't know what to do with the ball: shoot, dribble, pass... Once he gains a little confidence Moore should be an asset to the team.

01-25-2019 11:52 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2019 11:52 AM)cpawstoney Wrote:  
(01-25-2019 11:31 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Watching Moore last night, there was on time that sticks out when he received the ball. Just by his body language I could tell he didn't know what to do with the ball: shoot, dribble, pass... Once he gains a little confidence Moore should be an asset to the team.

Yep, I know exactly what pleay you guys are describing. He is thinking through everything he does. All it takes is a split se ond of hesitation and you are screwed.

01-25-2019 12:28 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

Still hoping the light comes on for Trevor this season. I respect Mick for standing by his players and I too see potential in Moore. But nearing the midpoint of his collegiate career one has to wonder if this program is a "fit" for his style of play and if it's in his best interest at some point to start fresh in another program. Often, transferring can be mutually benefit-- a "win-win" as some say.

01-25-2019 03:17 PM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

"I am going to put it up (and in) whenever I am open" mentality. I hope he gets there. We could use a shooter off the bench for March.

Agree completely. Moore plays hesitant out of his mind when he's on the court. If he's a great shooter like people behind the scenes say, he needs to put it up any time he gets any kind of an open look and eventually he's going to start nailing them and hopefully develop the confidence he totally lacks at this point in his career.

01-25-2019 03:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.