Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNISWAG Uniform of the Year Voting
Bookmark and Share
jmufbequip Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JMU
UNISWAG Uniform of the Year Voting
https://www.uniswag.com/sub-award-voting

In case you guys haven't seen this yet. We are up for the uniform of the year award for the third year in a row, having won it the last two. You can vote as many times as you would like. So vote, refresh, and vote again! I have been asked a couple times around the offices how they chose this uniform, and my best guess is they only choose uniforms that they nominated for weekly awards at some point during the season. This was actually our only uniform to be nominated for a weekly award by uniswag. So its pretty much all their decision, we did not submit this uniform for this award, rather they chose it themselves.

Also, if you haven't seen our twitter account, we are holding a tournament style vote to determine your favorite uniform of the year! Oddly enough, the crown logo whiteout combo was already elminated :). So vote for your Dukes to win a national award while getting your vote in for your favorite combo of the year. We've had over 500 votes on each matchup so far and are very pleased with the turnout!

Go Dukes!
01-17-2019 09:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: UNISWAG Uniform of the Year Voting
Thanks for posting! I was just aware of this account a few days ago and sorry I didn't know of it sooner. I voted for both. I was surprised that was the uniform they used (although understand). I really liked it, but the only problem I had with it was it was hard to see on the white helmet. I was at the game that day and I had no idea what was on the helmet until I saw pictures.
As for the jmufbequip twitter, many are going to be shocked when they see the UR game uni beat out the Towson one.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2019 10:10 AM by JMad03.)
01-17-2019 10:09 AM
jmufbequip Offline
Water Engineer

(01-17-2019 10:09 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  Thanks for posting! I was just aware of this account a few days ago and sorry I didn't know of it sooner. I voted for both. I was surprised that was the uniform they used (although understand). I really liked it, but the only problem I had with it was it was hard to see on the white helmet. I was at the game that day and I had no idea what was on the helmet until I saw pictures.
As for the jmufbequip twitter, many are going to be shocked when they see the UR game uni beat out the Towson one.

No worries! You found us now! We love giving fans a behind the scenes look at our program and the equipment room. Our favorite thing to do (next to this tournament) is our Fan Question Friday segment where we answer questions you guys have about the uniforms, our process, and just general football things you may have always wondered. We may bring it back for an offseason segment soon, but typically its an every Friday of the season deal. Feel free to tweet @ us! We love our fans!
01-17-2019 10:17 AM
Advertisement

JMaddy Offline
All American

(01-17-2019 10:09 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  Thanks for posting! I was just aware of this account a few days ago and sorry I didn't know of it sooner. I voted for both. I was surprised that was the uniform they used (although understand). I really liked it, but the only problem I had with it was it was hard to see on the white helmet. I was at the game that day and I had no idea what was on the helmet until I saw pictures.

Yeah the Towson combo is one of the best we have and yet it lost to Richmond...me thinks the opponent has something to do with it (maybe the score against UR as well).
01-17-2019 12:18 PM
Anders Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU, Boston Col
The Uniswag twitter account has almost 100k followers and the instagram has 110k. We should take advantage of this free advertising for our program by voting!

https://mobile.twitter.com/uniswag?lang=en
https://www.instagram.com/uniswag/?hl=en
01-17-2019 12:31 PM
Advertisement

HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I LOVED the purple helmet with white face mask we wore against Colgate.
01-17-2019 12:38 PM
2Buck Offline
All American

A little off topic, but I just had an additional thought in the whole uniform debate. I've definitely been in the camp of variety (within reason) to support player/recruit excitement but what about the fans? There are some pretty cool designs out there and even within JMU's wardrobe.

Smaller schools like JMU really need to be taking advantage of this creativity and exposure by merchandising the sh!t out of these designs. I, for one, often tire of the same old clothing options but would absolutely buy more if some of these designs and themes were incorporated.

More tchotchke & apparel = more money
More exposure for the school = more money
More alumni adoption = more money
etc...
01-19-2019 01:01 PM
Advertisement

Anders Offline
1st String

Dukes win the FCS Uniform of the Year award

[Image: 7p2dgpE.jpg]

https://twitter.com/UNISWAG/status/1087172434023727104
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs4Sr30jaEq/

JMU Football Equipment twitter with a video showing off some gear in response:
https://twitter.com/JMUFBEquip/status/10...8854348800
01-21-2019 12:02 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

Gotta love the responses on twitter. People that probably didn't vote complaining that an all white uniform won.

And once again we prove that we are the champions of online polls.
(Rejected edits include: masters of the poll, king of polls, poll masters, etc).
01-21-2019 12:42 PM
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-21-2019 12:42 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  Gotta love the responses on twitter. People that probably didn't vote complaining that an all white uniform won.

And once again we prove that we are the champions of online polls.
(Rejected edits include: masters of the poll, king of polls, poll masters, etc).

Many of the responses were just from butthurt losers.

While our fanbase helps, our Uni’s really were the best. I didn’t see any others that I thought deserved to win over JMU. The Griz were in the finalists too, and they have a ton of fans despite somewhat mediocre results on the field recently.

Montana FB has 32.7k Twitter follows vs 31.8 for JMU, and were encouraging their fans to vote also. We still won!

I’d be curious to see a ranking of FCS (and FBS) twitter followers, as I suspect it generally approximates the size of the fan base. Not that everyone uses twitter, but it would be a proportionally representative indicator.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019 01:49 PM by JMURocks.)
01-21-2019 01:39 PM
Anders Offline
1st String

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022 04:46 PM by Anders.)
02-06-2022 04:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.