Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State @ Eastern Michigan
fallsdog Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
Kent State @ Eastern Michigan
The Golden Flashes are in Ypsilanti today for a noon tip with the Eastern Michigan Eagles.

The Convocation Center is a nice looking facility that reminds me of a cross between Cleveland State's Bert L. and Iris S. Wolstein Center and KSU's Memorail Athletic and Convocation Center. Trouble is, I have been there as many times as some of the current coeds on campus.

EMU is 7-8 (1-1 in the MAC) and coming off a two point win at Ball State. It should be noted that Eastern scored only 36 against Rutgers earlier this season. The most impressive Eagle this season has been 6'9/210 pound senior Elijah Minnie. The Robert Morris transfer leads the team in scoring (13.2ppg) and steals. Of course, we are all aware of his frontcourt mate James Thompson IV. Although Thompson is having another solid season, he has never quite lived up to the hype that certain prognosticators built up for him.

Will Kent State be able to handle EMU's zone defense with their limited interior offense? Will the Golden Flashes get hot enough to force EMU to adjust that zone? Is a noon tip off in front of 436 fans (112 of whom may still be intoxicated from last night) going to inspire the Flashes the way it should to move to 2-1 in conference play? I think the Flashes get it done.

Kent State 60
Eastern Michigan 53
Jalen Avery comes up with some big "thee point gooooals" late in the game.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2019 10:23 AM by fallsdog.)
01-12-2019 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fallsdog Offline
All American

RE: Kent State @ Eastern Michigan
MAC East Standings
Buffalo 14-1 (2-0) vs. Miami (CBS Sports Network at noon)
BGSU 10-5 (2-0) @ Central Michigan
Kent 12-3 (1-1) @ Eastern
Akron 9-6 (1-1) @ Northern Illinois
Ohio 8-6 (0-2) @ Ball State
Miami 8-7 (0-2) @ Buffalo
01-12-2019 10:29 AM
anti-zip Online
All American

I Root For: kent state!
The corners looks to be wide open in their zone so far.
01-12-2019 12:10 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

We're lucky to be down 7 at half. Really lazy offense that's mostly passing it back and forth 5 feet beyond the arc and we're leaving their shooters wide open on the other end. Also, Walker hasn't been a factor at all. Has to be his worst half of the year.
01-12-2019 12:48 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

Every pass around the perimeter we hold for a second before the next pass. You're not going to beat a zone if you're not moving it fast.
01-12-2019 01:06 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
Game over. What a horseshit effort. I toyed with the idea of making the trip. Glad I didn’t.
01-12-2019 01:09 PM
Advertisement

anti-zip Online
All American

Either we came with a pitiful game plan or we couldn't execute the game plan. No excuse for a three point shooting team facing a zone defense team that struggles to defend the three to have a hard time getting good looks. And the fact that Walker's only good look came on the first possession adds to the poor game planning. We let them take our best player out of the game.
01-12-2019 01:15 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Bowling Green and Eastern Michigan have kicked this team’s butt in the last 10 days. The flagship needs some changes at the top.
01-12-2019 01:42 PM
flash77 Offline
Bench Warmer

Well, on the positive side, at least we held them under 40. 40 point differential that is.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2019 02:04 PM by flash77.)
01-12-2019 02:02 PM
BuckeyeFlyerFlash Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: OSU/UD/KSU
this Coach can't seem to focus/gameplan for MAC games..very disappointed in the leadership of the program...this is getting old and repetitive each and every year.... Agree with FallsDog.
01-12-2019 02:21 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
We make the worst 3 pt shooting team in the league look like Golden State.
01-12-2019 02:21 PM
Advertisement

JimJoyce Offline
1st String

Has a D1 basketball team ever gone the Independent route?

We do better against P5 opponents than our own league opponents. So maybe we can leave the MAC and play P5 teams all year.
01-12-2019 02:29 PM
Muskrat Offline
1st String

Awful. Two blow-out losses in the first three MAC games. I'm not going to any more games unless they turn this crap around.
01-12-2019 02:29 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I suspected this team wasn’t as good as beating Vanderbilt and Oregon St. might have indicated it was. Beating second division P5 teams doesn’t mean as much in basketball as it might in football. Especially when one lost its best player in the first few minutes of the game.

Losing Pippen and De la Rosa might be just too much for Sendy to overcome. The season isn’t lost yet but their backs are up against the wall for sure.
01-12-2019 02:44 PM
OLNWFLSH Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: KSU
(01-12-2019 02:44 PM)burden Wrote:  I suspected this team wasn’t as good as beating Vanderbilt and Oregon St. might have indicated it was. Beating second division P5 teams doesn’t mean as much in basketball as it might in football. Especially when one lost its best player in the first few minutes of the game.

Losing Pippen and De la Rosa might be just too much for Sendy to overcome. The season isn’t lost yet but their backs are up against the wall for sure.
I hate to imagine what Buffalo might do to this team on their home court
01-12-2019 03:05 PM
goldenflash13 Offline
Water Engineer

Haven’t been able to watch any of the MAC games so far, but what’s been the difference between conference and non-conference play?

Less than a month ago, Kent had only a 13 point loss to Louisville.
01-12-2019 05:16 PM
Advertisement

fallsdog Offline
All American

(01-12-2019 02:44 PM)burden Wrote:  I suspected this team wasn’t as good as beating Vanderbilt and Oregon St. might have indicated it was. Beating second division P5 teams doesn’t mean as much in basketball as it might in football. Especially when one lost its best player in the first few minutes of the game.

I agree with this 100%. Part of me wants to add that it would probably be too much for any coach to overcome.

But part of me thinks that 95-61 or whatever it was to EASTERN MICHIGAN is cause for removal...especially with a returning starter at point guard and a player as talented as Walker. 95 - 61 to Eastern MF Michigan?????????
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2019 05:35 PM by fallsdog.)
01-12-2019 05:34 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I would add EMU has as much talent as anyone in the league and got two record-breaking performances today.

Hell none of this matters anyway, this is a totally wasted year in thr MAC.
01-12-2019 05:49 PM
thanksjim Offline
All American

Just seems like a plateau with Senderoff, but don't want to sound like an NIU football fan lol
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2019 06:12 PM by thanksjim.)
01-12-2019 06:11 PM
OLNWFLSH Offline
Special Teams

(01-12-2019 06:11 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  Just seems like a plateau with Senderoff, but don't want to sound like an NIU football fan lol

Maybe we can go 0.5OO in the MAC and have a 20 win season (thanks to playing weak non conference opponents) - isn't that the benchmark of a successful program - Oh wasn't that the KD strategy for our friends down the road. When Walker and Avery were freshmen I thought wow this team will be great when they're seniors - my mistake
01-12-2019 06:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.