Pollack named to list for Rotary Lombardi Award
Bookmark and Share
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Pollack named to watch list for Rotary Lombardi Award
Junior is reigning SEC Player of the Year

May 26, 2003

ATHENS, Ga. --- University of Georgia defensive end David Pollack, the reigning SEC Player of the Year, has been named to preliminary watch list of candidates for the Rotary Lombardi Award.

Eligibility for the Rotary Lombardi Award is limited to down linemen and those defensive players who line up within five yards of the football. Twelve semifinalists will be announced later this season and the winner will be chosen on Dec. 10 in Houston, Texas.

Last season, Pollack, a junior from Snellville, Ga., garnered All-America honors from the Football Writers Association of America, The Associated Press and The Sporting News. He was chosen as the SEC Player of the Year by the league's coaches and the SEC Defensive Player of the Year by The Associated Press. Pollack led the SEC and was seventh nationally in quarterback sacks with 14, setting the Georgia single-season record. He finished third on the team with 102 tackles, including a career-high 10 against Auburn. He also had two interceptions (one for a touchdown against South Carolina), two fumble recoveries, a blocked punt and a blocked field goal.

Pollack also is on the watch list for the Bronko Nagurski Award, which is presented annually to the nation
06-01-2003 07:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

He is nominated for the Lombardi Award, he will win the Lombardi Award.
06-01-2003 10:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Honestly, I hope he has a somewhat down-type year so he stays 4 years. I am convinced that 2004 is our National Title run year..
06-01-2003 10:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

SouthLink02 Wrote:Honestly, I hope he has a somewhat down-type year so he stays 4 years. I am convinced that 2004 is our National Title run year..
I think David's a 4 year guy. He won't let the money get to him.
06-01-2003 10:35 PM
Advertisement

SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

GDawgs88 Wrote:
SouthLink02 Wrote:Honestly, I hope he has a somewhat down-type year so he stays 4 years. I am convinced that 2004 is our National Title run year..
I think David's a 4 year guy. He won't let the money get to him.
I love Pollack and ate right next to him tons of times at Snelling Dining Hall. Great guy. But let's see him say no when he is a Top 10 pick and 40 million dollars is staring him in the face.
06-01-2003 10:39 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I think he would turn it down. I really do.

But if we win it all this year he may decide to leave. However if he feels he can come back and try to win a NC his senior year then I'm sure he'll stay.
06-01-2003 10:47 PM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

GDawgs88 Wrote:I think he would turn it down. I really do.

But if we win it all this year he may decide to leave. However if he feels he can come back and try to win a NC his senior year then I'm sure he'll stay.
I think it will also depend on whether Gibson, Greene, ext...all stay. I think they will but you should never say never with Richt.
06-01-2003 10:48 PM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I am pretty sure Gibby's gone after this year. Greene is similar to Pollack in alot of ways. I expect him to return for a 4th year.
06-01-2003 10:51 PM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

GDawgs88 Wrote:I am pretty sure Gibby's gone after this year. Greene is similar to Pollack in alot of ways. I expect him to return for a 4th year.
Well, your one of many. I sat right next to Gibson in MILS this year (with Anderson, Brock, and pot-smoking McClendon) and I really think that even if he has a good year he will return. He isn't THAT tall and he is WAYYYYY too skinny. I think the Pro's will recognize that and he will get the press in 2004 like Roy Williams and others are getting now..
06-01-2003 10:53 PM
DawgNBama Online
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA

I knew there was a reason I really liked David Pollack besides the fact he was a Dawg!!! I knew there was something else!!! :D :D
He's my brother!!! (in the body of Christ. 03-wink )
06-02-2003 08:10 AM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

SouthLink02 Wrote:
GDawgs88 Wrote:I am pretty sure Gibby's gone after this year. Greene is similar to Pollack in alot of ways. I expect him to return for a 4th year.
Well, your one of many. I sat right next to Gibson in MILS this year (with Anderson, Brock, and pot-smoking McClendon) and I really think that even if he has a good year he will return. He isn't THAT tall and he is WAYYYYY too skinny. I think the Pro's will recognize that and he will get the press in 2004 like Roy Williams and others are getting now..
He may come back. But just some of the comments he's made make me a little doubtful. But you're right, he could use another year.
06-02-2003 11:08 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

DawgNBama Wrote:I knew there was a reason I really liked David Pollack besides the fact he was a Dawg!!! I knew there was something else!!! :D :D
He's my brother!!! (in the body of Christ. 03-wink )
Yeah, David's a good christian kid. :angel:
06-02-2003 11:09 AM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

GDawg, Gibson is a nice guy but money does drive him as obvious by the rings.
06-02-2003 11:58 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

SouthLink02 Wrote:GDawg, Gibson is a nice guy but money does drive him as obvious by the rings.
No question.
06-02-2003 01:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.