Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NYC Offers FREE Global Healthcare maybe UNIVERSAL
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
So they will pay for ILLEGAL ALIENS, I guess that means they'd pay to treat ET (Universal Healthcare). 03-lmfao

Quote:New York City will begin guaranteeing comprehensive health care to every single resident regardless of someone's ability to pay or immigration status, an unprecedented plan that will protect the more than half-a-million New Yorkers currently using the ER as a primary provider, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

At a press conference Tuesday, de Blasio said the plan will provide primary and specialty care, from pediatrics to OBGYN, geriatric, mental health and other services, to the city's roughly 600,000 uninsured.

Free Healthcare for all is cheap

Other than ILLEGALS WHY would anyone be uninsured with Free OBAMACARE? So DeBlasio wants taxpayers to pay for non-citizens?!? I would hope Trump will cut off ALL Federal Funding for NYC.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019 08:05 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
01-08-2019 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: NYC Offers FREE Global Healthcare maybe UNIVERSAL
Good. If all the major cities do this, my rates should go down substantially. They just need to figure out how to keep rich people from leaving.
01-08-2019 08:01 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Math doesn't even come close to checking out.

$100 million / 600k = $167 per person, per year.

A sneak peek of what kind of benefits to expect under a "free" democrat universal health care system. The depths to which the alt-left will humiliate themselves, just to virtue signal -- it's just incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHNBKg9xI6Q&t=0m58s
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019 08:43 PM by Kronke.)
01-08-2019 08:03 PM
Curumim Offline
1st String

I Root For: Navy
RIP NY.
01-08-2019 08:04 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(01-08-2019 08:03 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Math doesn't even come close to checking out.

$100 million / 600k = $167.

Not per month. Not even per year.

$167 total per person

A sneak peek of what kind of benefits to expect under a "free" democrat universal health care system. The depths to which the alt-left will humiliate themselves, just to virtue signal -- it's just incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHNBKg9xI6Q&t=0m58s

They state in the video that its $100 million per year.
01-08-2019 08:39 PM
Advertisement

HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
Call it free it they want, but it's just a shell game with public money. That tax increase will happen somewhere.
01-08-2019 08:44 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(01-08-2019 08:39 PM)q5sys Wrote:  They state in the video that its $100 million per year.

I just saw Tucker point out the same thing I did, but he said “per year” as well. I was going off Shapiro’s podcast from earlier today, where he said they had a $100 million pool, but he didn’t see any definitive plans of them ever adding to it.

My post has been changed to read $167 per person per year. Still laughable.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019 08:46 PM by Kronke.)
01-08-2019 08:45 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(01-08-2019 08:45 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(01-08-2019 08:39 PM)q5sys Wrote:  They state in the video that its $100 million per year.

I just saw Tucker point out the same thing I did, but he said “per year” as well. I was going off Shapiro’s podcast from earlier today, where he said they had a $100 million pool, but he didn’t see any definitive plans of them ever adding to it.

$167 would not pay for one office visit to a General Practitioner forget any specialty practices or more extensive services like MRI or CT Scan.
01-08-2019 08:48 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
aoc upon hearing the news....

[Image: giphy.webp]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019 08:51 PM by stinkfist.)
01-08-2019 08:51 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
$167 per person per year might buy you what passes for healthcare in some single-payer and single-provider systems.
01-08-2019 08:57 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Up next-

Free subway cards for all
Guaranteed housing in Manhattan
Season tickets for all NYers to the Yankees, Giants, and Knicks
01-08-2019 09:49 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
If NYC is offering free comprehensive healthcare to those who don't have insurance, why would anyone carry and pay for their own insurance? Hint: drop the insurance and get your comprehensive healthcare FREE!
01-08-2019 10:17 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-08-2019 10:17 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  If NYC is offering free comprehensive healthcare to those who don't have insurance, why would anyone carry and pay for their own insurance? Hint: drop the insurance and get your comprehensive healthcare FREE!

absolutely.....why pay $x for a monthly premium when $0 is available

are all businesses now going to be required to pay for their employees health care.....if so, watch the marginal business either relocate, shut down, or pass the cost burden to the consumer by raising prices...

IMO, it's also safe to assume physicians will get paid xx% less from those that take advantage of this system....watch the above average/well reputed doctors begin relocating within a year...

I can't imagine how long their wait times are now.....you can bank they'll be longer in this system....

the dem motto: it's all about the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee baby....screw the longer term consequences....we'll just make more reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
01-08-2019 10:40 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(01-08-2019 08:01 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Good. If all the major cities do this, my rates should go down substantially. They just need to figure out how to keep rich people from leaving.

NY will also have to cancel all those TV business promotion advertisements, etc.
01-09-2019 09:47 AM
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(01-08-2019 08:45 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

I disagree... this isn't laughable at all. This is the depths of human ignorance on display... this is downright shameful. haha

I just wanted to point it out so it could be corrected so that some far lefty didn't swing by later, point it out and then dismiss EVERY criticism as 'everything you said is wrong'.

They do tend to do that.
01-09-2019 11:03 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(01-08-2019 10:17 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  If NYC is offering free comprehensive healthcare to those who don't have insurance, why would anyone carry and pay for their own insurance? Hint: drop the insurance and get your comprehensive healthcare FREE!

Because I assure you, you're not going to want the "free" shite.

Alt-leftists want to take the fact that you even have a choice away. They want to ban private insurance, and dole out the $167 per year to all.
01-09-2019 11:56 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

And this is EXACTLY what has happened previously...

Hawaii, for example.

Hawaii Ending Universal Child Health Care

Quote:A state official said families were dropping private coverage so their children would be eligible for the subsidized plan.

"People who were already able to afford health care began to stop paying for it so they could get it for free," said Dr. Kenny Fink, the administrator for Med-QUEST at the Department of Human Services. "I don't believe that was the intent of the program."

First, this joke of a policy only lasted 7 months!

Second, Hawaii expected tax payers to pay twice:
  • With personal income dollars to cover their own children, and
  • With tax dollars to cover somebody else's children.

There are always unintended consequences with practically every policy. Common sense, however, should have identified this scenario during the policy's drafting.

Why would anybody willfully choose to pay twice for the same service?

It should have been glaringly obvious that parents would choose to reduce their household expenses by eliminating necessary expenses.

I have to pay the higher tax to cover children.

When my company has Open Enrollment for health insurance I might as well drop family coverage because my children are covered by the state.

Voila!

More people enrolled in the state universal coverage resulting in much higher expenses than planned.

Now the state can't afford to offer "free" healthcare to ALL kids because the state had build their model on steali... uh, taxing citizens who already had coverage for their kids.

With Hawaii this caught them by surprise. Now, this might be part of the plan at the federal level. Implement ObamaCare knowing that people will opt to decrease their contributions (corporations drop expensive Cadillac plans to crappy plans to save the $4,000/employee penalty). This might have been a planned baby-step to full-blown Universal care.

I'm fully aware that Marxist strategy says to create a crisis with the plan already in place as to how increased government can resolve the crisis.

And we know that's how Dems and the radleft operate.
01-09-2019 01:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.