Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Desmond Ridder
Bookmark and Share
Bcatbog Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of Cincy
Desmond Ridder
I am watching a replay of our game. From a limited sample size from Q1 it is my opinion Ridder would have destroyed the Va Tech defense.

12-31-2018 08:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
RE: Desmond Ridder
(12-31-2018 08:33 PM)Bcatbog Wrote:  I am watching a replay of our game. From a limited sample size from Q1 it is my opinion Ridder would have destroyed the Va Tech defense.

I concur

12-31-2018 09:36 PM
Recluse1 Offline
1st String

I'm still kinda surprised how good he is. We might have never found out had he not been forced into the moment this year. Gives me hope with this staff, the previous regime was very pig headed about their preference at quarterback.

12-31-2018 09:49 PM
Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
Any word about his injury? I assume he will be fine by the time spring ball starts, since he walked off unassisted.

12-31-2018 10:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crex043 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Desmond Ridder
The coaching staff handled the QB situation adeptly. They started with the one with the most experience and a senior, but once he faltered they handed Ridder the keys and never looked back. No packages, no changes each series, no question of who was starting week to week. They adapted the game plan around him and opened the playbook to him in small, manageable pieces. He's a much different QB now than he was at UCLA.

12-31-2018 10:56 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Ridder would have had a monster game. Those 10-12 yards scampers HM had would have gone for 20-30 or more. Des passed for 84 yards already before he went down 12:30 minutes into the game. We would have won the game by another couple scores IMHO.

12-31-2018 11:49 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(12-31-2018 11:49 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Ridder would have had a monster game. Those 10-12 yards scampers HM had would have gone for 20-30 or more. Des passed for 84 yards already before he went down 12:30 minutes into the game. We would have won the game by another couple scores IMHO.
You never know though. He lead the team in lost fumbles this year. In heavy rain he may have lost a couple fumbles and we could have lost by 10.

01-01-2019 10:57 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(01-01-2019 10:57 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(12-31-2018 11:49 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Ridder would have had a monster game. Those 10-12 yards scampers HM had would have gone for 20-30 or more. Des passed for 84 yards already before he went down 12:30 minutes into the game. We would have won the game by another couple scores IMHO.
You never know though. He lead the team in lost fumbles this year. In heavy rain he may have lost a couple fumbles and we could have lost by 10.

Hard to say what happens. He often struggled against the better teams in the schedule. Hated seeing him get hurt but it was awesome to see hayden go out like that. Kid is a flawed qb but an absolute fighter in the field

01-01-2019 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(01-01-2019 11:16 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Hard to say what happens. He often struggled against the better teams in the schedule. Hated seeing him get hurt but it was awesome to see hayden go out like that. Kid is a flawed qb but an absolute fighter in the field

Completely agree. I wasn't arguing we would have lost or Hayden is as good as Ridder. Just pointing out it could have gone the other way considering one of Ridder's weaknesses could have been an issue given the conditions.

01-01-2019 01:06 PM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(12-31-2018 09:49 PM)Recluse1 Wrote:  I'm still kinda surprised how good he is. We might have never found out had he not been forced into the moment this year. Gives me hope with this staff, the previous regime was very pig headed about their preference at quarterback.

Zac Taylor was the lead recruiter to get Ridder to come to Cincinnati . Now possibly coming full circle, Taylor is reportedly interviewing for the Bengals head coaching job.

(sorry , just read the Bengals thread in the off topic section , where this has already been discussed)

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019 11:48 AM by Bearcat2012.)
01-02-2019 11:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.