WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Coaches Thread
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
New Coaches Thread
Figured I would start a thread since we would have 5 new coaches coming soon. I would think Lester would want to get these people in as soon as possible. Both for recruiting purposes and for familiarizing the current players with them before spring ball.

One interesting name for LB's coach.

Sean Duggan. He was linebackers coach at UMass this past season. I don't know if he was retained by new staff, but he doesn't have anything about UMass in his Twitter bio. His two most recent follows? Tim Lester and Lou Esposito.

I don't even know if he is David Duggan's son or not. But how many football Duggan's are out there?
12-29-2018 09:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RunningGame Offline
All American

RE: New Coaches Thread
(12-29-2018 09:28 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  Figured I would start a thread since we would have 5 new coaches coming soon. I would think Lester would want to get these people in as soon as possible. Both for recruiting purposes and for familiarizing the current players with them before spring ball.

One interesting name for LB's coach.

Sean Duggan. He was linebackers coach at UMass this past season. I don't know if he was retained by new staff, but he doesn't have anything about UMass in his Twitter bio. His two most recent follows? Tim Lester and Lou Esposito.

I don't even know if he is David Duggan's son or not. But how many football Duggan's are out there?

Found a bio that says he has two daughters. He’s from Mass. though, so could be a brother? Cousin? Nephew? The other Duggan played at Boston College. That would be an awful lot of coincidences.
12-30-2018 08:36 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Duggan is a good Irish name. How many do you think there are in Boston-area phone books? Likely dozens.
12-30-2018 08:47 AM
jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
Jim Hacksaw Duggan played football at SMU if I'm not mistaken.
12-30-2018 06:09 PM
Advertisement

jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
I wouldn't be shocked to see the name Steve Casula come back up. Former assistant at WMU and has been at Davenport and Ferris recently.
12-30-2018 06:24 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
Spoke with someone in the department who said TL's contract extension was given with the expectation of staff changes being made.
12-30-2018 10:52 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-30-2018 10:52 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  Spoke with someone in the department who said TL's contract extension was given with the expectation of staff changes being made.

I think we’d all be surprised at how much our new Prez wants our sports teams to succeed. Yes he wants to make sure we aren’t wasting money but it’s obvious he knows what the peripheral sports mechanism brings back to the University.
12-30-2018 11:00 PM
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
All these coaching changes at this late date-will they have an negative impact on recruiting? Thoughts?
12-31-2018 12:38 PM
Dirty Ernie Online
Heisman

(12-31-2018 12:38 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  All these coaching changes at this late date-will they have an negative impact on recruiting? Thoughts?

Trying not to overthink things too much. Of course it will. We have a time period where the old contacts are out and new not in. Leaving guys might switch a player or two to follow them. Incoming might bring 5th year senior or two with them. Who knows. Doesn’t matter too much one way or the other really anyway, those coaches are already fired, what happens will happen. Mostly about getting better coaches since everybody pretty Much thought the existing sucked. Hopefully we will at least suck less right?
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018 01:00 PM by Dirty Ernie.)
12-31-2018 12:59 PM
Dirty Ernie Online
Heisman

Another thought. Wow our recruiting is going to be awesome with the great new guys coming in. That’s Bronco positivity.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018 01:06 PM by Dirty Ernie.)
12-31-2018 01:01 PM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(12-31-2018 12:59 PM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  Hopefully we will at least suck less right?

That would be epic!!! 04-rock
12-31-2018 04:36 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(12-31-2018 12:38 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  All these coaching changes at this late date-will they have an negative impact on recruiting? Thoughts?

Continuing to give up 45 points a game would have a far more negative impact on recruiting than the loss of the coaches who have been watching it all happen from the sidelines.
12-31-2018 05:50 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(12-31-2018 05:50 PM)brovol Wrote:  

Continuing to give up 45 points a game would have a far more negative impact on recruiting than the loss of the coaches who have been watching it all happen from the sidelines.

I agree with a lot of what you write, but this just isn't true. Recruiting is all about relationships, and usually with the position coaches. Guys de commit all the time because of position coaches leave. It rarely has anything to do with what they see on the field. At least on the G5 level. I mean, the guys that just committed to Ball St all think they are going to turn it around. And they've been a dumpster fire for years.
12-31-2018 07:59 PM
fastbuicks Offline
Special Teams

No. Remember, Lester had little time to assemble a staff when PJ ran. He was hired well after the coaching turnover period in D1 football. Top assistants were already spoken for.

I think WMU is a destination point for G5 and top D2 assistants considering the talent recruited last two years. Still not sure if Coach Lou keeps the DC job but players seem to like him.
01-02-2019 11:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.