Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Captain KIRK Meets Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

12-29-2018 01:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Captain KIRK Meets Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters
LOL good one
12-29-2018 01:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
It's beyond me how the great state of California can ELECT Pelosi and Waters to Congress. Both are bonafide AIRHEADS. It's speaks volumes about the voters in their districts...i.e. not too smart.
12-29-2018 01:30 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(12-29-2018 01:30 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  It's beyond me how the great state of California can ELECT Pelosi and Waters to Congress. Both are bonafide AIRHEADS. It's speaks volumes about the voters in their districts...i.e. not too smart.

CA is close to becoming a 100% Dark Blue libtard state with no Statewide GOP office holders, no GOP US Reps and no reason for a GOP party in the state, probably 1 more large wave of illegals registered to vote and it's over, maybe by 2020.
12-29-2018 01:39 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Next thing we hear about that great state is that they go bankrupt.
12-29-2018 01:45 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(12-29-2018 01:45 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Next thing we hear about that great state is that they go bankrupt.

Maybe they capsize first....
12-29-2018 01:56 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(12-29-2018 01:39 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  
(12-29-2018 01:30 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  It's beyond me how the great state of California can ELECT Pelosi and Waters to Congress. Both are bonafide AIRHEADS. It's speaks volumes about the voters in their districts...i.e. not too smart.

CA is close to becoming a 100% Dark Blue libtard state with no Statewide GOP office holders, no GOP US Reps and no reason for a GOP party in the state, probably 1 more large wave of illegals registered to vote and it's over, maybe by 2020.

Yep, and they have that law where anyone can drop off voter ballots at a precinct.
BTW how in the hell do illegals, and some legals, afford to live in Cali? Do they have 20 people living in 1 house?
12-29-2018 02:11 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(12-29-2018 02:11 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

Yep, and they have that law where anyone can drop off voter ballots at a precinct.
BTW how in the hell do illegals, and some legals, afford to live in Cali? Do they have 20 people living in 1 house?

Quote:More than 3.4 million undocumented immigrants are homeowners, according to the Migration Policy Institute analysis of the 2014 U.S. census data. That’s about 31 percent of the undocumented population.

While some undocumented immigrants pay for their homes in cash, others have been able to obtain little-known ITIN mortgages. ITIN stands for individual tax identification number. ITINs were created to enable tax payment by foreign nationals who are not eligible for a social security number but own businesses or assets in the U.S. But since its creation, the program has also been used by undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. Undocumented immigrants can use ITINs to open bank accounts and pay taxes on their U.S. income.

Link
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018 04:36 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
12-29-2018 04:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DustMyBroom Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-29-2018 04:34 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Quote:More than 3.4 million undocumented immigrants are homeowners, according to the Migration Policy Institute analysis of the 2014 U.S. census data. That’s about 31 percent of the undocumented population.

While some undocumented immigrants pay for their homes in cash, others have been able to obtain little-known ITIN mortgages. ITIN stands for individual tax identification number. ITINs were created to enable tax payment by foreign nationals who are not eligible for a social security number but own businesses or assets in the U.S. But since its creation, the program has also been used by undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. Undocumented immigrants can use ITINs to open bank accounts and pay taxes on their U.S. income.

Link

There’s more to it than that. I’ve worked with several California farmers and warehouse operators in the past and talked to a lot of their illegal workers. What it comes down to is the old progressive line about “undocumented workers do the jobs that Americans won’t do”. In California, farms and warehouses have to pay the same sky high taxes and water use fees as everyone else, but they are a protected class of businesses when it comes to employment laws. Neither is required to verify immigration status or working conditions of their contractors under state law. Because the illegals are contractors, they technically work for someone else, who is supposedly responsible for their wellbeing. Never mind the fact that some have been working in the same place for 30+ years and call the farmer or warehouse manager “boss”. Because the workers have no protection under the law, they endure harsh conditions and low pay. Many farmers will erect small houses for them, but it’s apparently not unusual for entire extended families to occupy a single 1200 square foot home, for which the farmer extracts a rent payment via payroll deduction. Many workers live in tents during the working part of the year, then cross back over the border during the winter. Many warehouse workers live in dilapidated apartment buildings that are unappealing to citizens.

As for the farmers and warehouse operators themselves, many rationalize what they do. Most of the crops grown in California are almost exclusive to that state because the growing conditions aren’t as supportive in other states. Most of the South is too wet. Much of the Great Plains is either too dry, sees too much winter, or the soils are poor. This results in a premium cost for farmland outside California, and most farmers don’t have access to enough capital. Besides this, taxes and water rights fees are rising everywhere, not just in California. The warehouses go where the freight is. Trump’s tariffs and challenges to trade agreements are directly connected to his stance on illegal immigration through this fact. Reducing the trade deficit with China reduces the importance of the Port of Los Angeles, and therefore, the importance of the warehouses. Moving farms out of California reduces the importance of warehouses as well.

Basically, the state knows it has these farmers and warehouse operators by the family jewels. The state knows they aren’t going anywhere, so they extract high taxes and fees out of them. In return, the state looks the other way while these places resort to slavery du jour to remain competitive in the marketplace. The state stays solvent, and warehouses and farms have a guaranteed source of dirt cheap labor available at pay rates no other state is willing to match. Remember, “the undocumented do jobs Americans won’t”.

The greatest irony of liberal California is the fact that it has sold its soul to the devil in the name of profit for the powerful few.
12-29-2018 05:30 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-29-2018 04:34 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Link

But do they FICA? If not get them tbe hell out of here.
12-29-2018 08:38 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

I can see elect.

What I don’t get, at all, and I’ve got friends and cousins in both districts, is RE-elect.

We’ve all made more than one collosall mistake, it do we repeat it? Over and over again? Fransicko is now a third world-like schithole.

Two former roommates have moved out in the past 5 years, one to the burbs, the other to better digs in freaking Oakland...

Let that sink in.
12-30-2018 04:58 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(12-30-2018 04:58 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

I can see elect.

What I don’t get, at all, and I’ve got friends and cousins in both districts, is RE-elect.

We’ve all made more than one collosall mistake, it do we repeat it? Over and over again? Fransicko is now a third world-like schithole.

Two former roommates have moved out in the past 5 years, one to the burbs, the other to better digs in freaking Oakland...

Let that sink in.

we'll find out in 2020.
12-30-2018 10:05 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(12-29-2018 05:30 PM)DustMyBroom Wrote:  There’s more to it than that. I’ve worked with several California farmers and warehouse operators in the past and talked to a lot of their illegal workers. What it comes down to is the old progressive line about “undocumented workers do the jobs that Americans won’t do”. In California, farms and warehouses have to pay the same sky high taxes and water use fees as everyone else, but they are a protected class of businesses when it comes to employment laws. Neither is required to verify immigration status or working conditions of their contractors under state law. Because the illegals are contractors, they technically work for someone else, who is supposedly responsible for their wellbeing. Never mind the fact that some have been working in the same place for 30+ years and call the farmer or warehouse manager “boss”. Because the workers have no protection under the law, they endure harsh conditions and low pay. Many farmers will erect small houses for them, but it’s apparently not unusual for entire extended families to occupy a single 1200 square foot home, for which the farmer extracts a rent payment via payroll deduction. Many workers live in tents during the working part of the year, then cross back over the border during the winter. Many warehouse workers live in dilapidated apartment buildings that are unappealing to citizens.

As for the farmers and warehouse operators themselves, many rationalize what they do. Most of the crops grown in California are almost exclusive to that state because the growing conditions aren’t as supportive in other states. Most of the South is too wet. Much of the Great Plains is either too dry, sees too much winter, or the soils are poor. This results in a premium cost for farmland outside California, and most farmers don’t have access to enough capital. Besides this, taxes and water rights fees are rising everywhere, not just in California. The warehouses go where the freight is. Trump’s tariffs and challenges to trade agreements are directly connected to his stance on illegal immigration through this fact. Reducing the trade deficit with China reduces the importance of the Port of Los Angeles, and therefore, the importance of the warehouses. Moving farms out of California reduces the importance of warehouses as well.

Basically, the state knows it has these farmers and warehouse operators by the family jewels. The state knows they aren’t going anywhere, so they extract high taxes and fees out of them. In return, the state looks the other way while these places resort to slavery du jour to remain competitive in the marketplace. The state stays solvent, and warehouses and farms have a guaranteed source of dirt cheap labor available at pay rates no other state is willing to match. Remember, “the undocumented do jobs Americans won’t”.

The greatest irony of liberal California is the fact that it has sold its soul to the devil in the name of profit for the powerful few.

Lived in the CV for a few years providing lots of healthcare to that population and now in SF where a family of 4 earning 100k is on assistance and can't afford a 2br apartment.... What you say is spot on, so it will be ignored.
12-30-2018 11:59 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I can see elect.
Let that sink in.

The problem is that those voters think the same way, too.
12-30-2018 01:31 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(12-30-2018 01:31 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
I can see elect.
Let that sink in.

The problem is that those voters think the same way, too.

Actually, most of the people here are so busy 'getting by' they don't have time to get involved in politics, so they just vote how everyone who DOES have time (the wealthy and media) tell them
12-30-2018 05:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.