Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next 3 Games Key for Men's BBall
Bookmark and Share
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Next 3 Games Key for Men's BBall
Looking forward to the next 3 Games with Penn (9-2), Ball State (7-4), and @Buffalo (11-0) as this will be a good indicator of how good we really are as the Non-Conference portion of our schedule has not been as tough as many thought it would be. Penn will provide us with our biggest challenge to date, and a home win against the Quakers will give us some momentum going into MAC play. Our MAC home opener against Ball State on 1/4/2019 is very important as we didn’t match up very well with them in 2 loses last season. A win against the Cardinals will show we’ve improved since last season and prevent us from possibly starting league play at 0-2 with a trip to Buffalo on the schedule next. As for Buffalo, what more can be said as they have dominated their non-conference competition including road wins against West Virginia and Syracuse. While a road win against them would be great, I’m being realistic and just want to see us compete at a high level with the understanding we’ll get them at home later in the season and hopefully again in March in Cleveland.
12-20-2018 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: Next 3 Games Key for Men's BBall
(12-20-2018 03:03 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  Looking forward to the next 3 Games with Penn (9-2), Ball State (7-4), and @Buffalo (11-0) as this will be a good indicator of how good we really are as the Non-Conference portion of our schedule has not been as tough as many thought it would be. Penn will provide us with our biggest challenge to date, and a home win against the Quakers will give us some momentum going into MAC play. Our MAC home opener against Ball State on 1/4/2019 is very important as we didn’t match up very well with them in 2 loses last season. A win against the Cardinals will show we’ve improved since last season and prevent us from possibly starting league play at 0-2 with a trip to Buffalo on the schedule next. As for Buffalo, what more can be said as they have dominated their non-conference competition including road wins against West Virginia and Syracuse. While a road win against them would be great, I’m being realistic and just want to see us compete at a high level with the understanding we’ll get them at home later in the season and hopefully again in March in Cleveland.

Hopefully we play BG, WMU and Ohio in Cleveland 03-phew
12-20-2018 04:18 PM
Screwball Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Buffalo plays Marquette tomorrow. That might be fun to watch.

The next 3 games should tell us more about what we should expect from this team.

I'm optimistic about this years team because of their depth, improved talent (I don't think there is any doubt the guys we lost were replaced by better players), and defense, but I'm not convinced they are a threat to Buffalo. The only road to the dance is still cutting down the nets in Cleveland.
12-20-2018 08:06 PM
Screwball Offline
All American

Watertown native Nate Oats has Buffalo ranked nationally, with Marquette next on the docket

FTA:

Quote:Syracuse.com took a look at how Oats had built New York's best college basketball team this season before his squad went out and proved it against the Orange. The Buffalo News wrote Wednesday how Oats believes his team is now set up for an at-large NCAA berth even if it doesn't win the conference tournament

I'm good with that.
12-20-2018 08:32 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(12-20-2018 08:06 PM)Screwball Wrote:  Buffalo plays Marquette tomorrow. That might be fun to watch.

The next 3 games should tell us more about what we should expect from this team.

I'm optimistic about this years team because of their depth, improved talent (I don't think there is any doubt the guys we lost were replaced by better players), and defense, but I'm not convinced they are a threat to Buffalo. The only road to the dance is still cutting down the nets in Cleveland.

04-jawdrop Fletcher?
12-20-2018 08:44 PM
Advertisement

Screwball Offline
All American

(12-20-2018 08:44 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(12-20-2018 08:06 PM)Screwball Wrote:  Buffalo plays Marquette tomorrow. That might be fun to watch.

04-jawdrop Fletcher?

Understand. One guy isn't a team. Someone has to replace the numbers. This team is doing it by committee.

They are going 9 deep, and all contribute. I think they are a better team than last year. And I loved Fletcher.

For the record, the guys I was thinking about are Adway, Roberts, and another I can't remember.
12-20-2018 09:28 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(12-20-2018 09:28 PM)Screwball Wrote:  
(12-20-2018 08:44 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

04-jawdrop Fletcher?

Understand. One guy isn't a team. Someone has to replace the numbers. This team is doing it by committee.

They are going 9 deep, and all contribute. I think they are a better team than last year. And I loved Fletcher.

For the record, the guys I was thinking about are Adway, Roberts, and another I can't remember.

Agree, Adway, Roberts and Rose contributed little. Adway May have helped this year but Edu is an upgrade as is Darrington. I suspect Littleton is ahead of Roberts but he certainly hasn’t shown the touch we’ve heard so much about. He HAS shown some pit bull defensive tenacity. Fletcher was such a great player, though. If he plays against UB last year I think our cries of “wait ‘til next year” would have ended.
12-20-2018 10:11 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
One thing for sure with the improved guard depth we won't have Sanford and Jackson on fumes the 5 minutes of the championship like they were last year
12-21-2018 06:54 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(12-21-2018 06:54 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  One thing for sure with the improved guard depth we won't have Sanford and Jackson on fumes the 5 minutes of the championship like they were last year

For the first time in years we have no one in the top ten in the MAC in minutes. I think only two in the top 25. Thus far the concern of bigmandepth has been managed very well by Coach K.
12-21-2018 11:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.